Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

•  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Joanne Feliz on January 14, 2016, 04:23:32 PM
This is me tonight:

I have a massive forehead.  I am desperate to get my nose reduced in size,  but my forehead and receeding hairline are what worries me.

Gawd i need plastic surgery LOL!!! :o

Do I look obviously male in make up and dress?  I mean I feel pretty self conscious when I go out in the city.

I kindof screwed up the eye liner and ir smugged under my eyes.  Go eye liner is so hard,  ill never get the hand of it.

Your face isn't a issue for passing. You look ok and people would assume right, they would probably guess you're a woman. But I would recommend you to fix your hair a bit. Maybe you can grow a bang that can frame your face and make you appear even more feminine. Just a idea.  :angel:
  •  

EmilyClark

•  

Allie Keenan

You all looks so Gorgeous .... lots of love! :-* :-*
  •  

michelle

The biggest thing you need to do to pass as a female is just to be a female in everything you do.   When you have to you go butch and let other's think what they will.   They do anyway.

Then chose the lifestyle that fits your personality and whatever your job is.   Then, if possible, let people only see you as female either femme or butch.

Actors can play whatever gender role they get a job for and some do it very convincingly.  On some level, I believe anybody can to this. 

Then you have to live safe and if you live your life as a woman,  figuring out your romantic life is going to be a challenge you need to work out in a safe way.

Me, I am just a retired school teacher and stay-at-home gray-haired toothless grandma of 69.   My family consists of us three females, my partner, her two adult daughters, and my partner and my son.   

We don't have a car and are out walking, shopping, taking the bus together,  and I get read as grandma, my partner my daughter, and the kids are my grandkids.   Even when somebody asks about how we are related, and one of the kids explains that I am the boy's father,  people have problems wrapping their minds about it.   I am a female, but my partner accepts me as a male who dresses as a female.   They call me Michael all the time and use male pronouns.   However, when we are addressed as ladies they let it stand.   All every was has seen where I live is a gray-haired grandma  so that so far it has been a big so what. 

Why my life works out the way it does, I really, don't know,  but I know it's not from having any money that I did not have to work for and I have always lived from paycheck to paycheck.

When I show my driver's licence I say that I pronounce Michael as Michelle and they see the M for male, it's like the M doesn't register.  Now at 69 and living in urban Florida, older people become invisible and people and people are likely to see an elementary teacher scanning the playground and the classroom.   I have not really ever been considered as threatening nor really taken seriously in any masculine way.    So over time, I may have been transitioning in every which way other than physically.

Just be the gender you are and dress the way that fits your lifestyle and use makeup in a way that it works for you.   There are plenty of women who use very little makeup,  so to be a woman you don't have to use it, or just use it sparingly like eye shadow, blush, a little lipstick,  some mascara, and light powder

My facial hair is very light colored and my five o'clock shadow is hardly noticeable unless you get up close so if I keep myself shaved my whiskers don't scream out I am here.   However,  now if I were to make out with a guy,  he would get whisker burn as soon as his lips touched my neck.  I haven't made out with anyone for years.

Everyone has to change what they can, downplay what they can't change and have the wisdom to know the difference.

Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

PrincessPatience

This my body with a year+ on Hormones and hip body pads.

I didn't showcase my face because i wanted the focus on body.  Does it pass you guys? I feel like my shoulders are  too board and manly to go completely full time yet especially in the 3rd  and 4th image.  Plz be honest!

•  

ChasingAlice

I've met many women who have broad shoulders. Shoulders will not make you fail unless you are not athletic. Play the athletic card.

kelseygal

I don't think your shoulders are too broad. I exhibited at a marathon event last year with 15,000 runners and family walking by my booth... Your shoulders are just fine. Playing the athletic card is a safe bet, but I don't think you even need to go that far. Just my .02
My name is Jordin, or you can call me Kelsey, whatever floats your boat! Don't be shy to message me if you want to talk, always up for meeting new people :)

•  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: PrincessPatience on January 15, 2016, 11:51:53 PM
This my body with a year+ on Hormones and hip body pads.

I didn't showcase my face because i wanted the focus on body.  Does it pass you guys? I feel like my shoulders are  too board and manly to go completely full time yet especially in the 3rd  and 4th image.  Plz be honest!

Your body pass. :)
  •  

Vicky Mitchell

I would say pass well.   Only thing that would help more is thinning waist.  Maybe try a waist cincher for a bit more hourglass and it will help to make hips look even bigger. You are off to a great start.

Vicky
Vicky

•  

Moomin

Hiya everyone! Just got back from a mini trip to Scotland. Looks like I've been missing out, so many beautiful pictures.

I think you are doing great Frae, HRT is really working for you! Your very pretty! My only suggestion, which I hate saying, but try to smile in your piccies. I know its scary to do a full teethy cheesy smile, but I found my pictures vastly improved when I started smilling more. X

Karlie Ann, lovely picture lady! Definitely more female than male. Don't give up, your beautiful. I'm going to agree with Sebby, I think more girly glasses would help a lot. X

Cute piccie Shanade, not awful at all. You look like an attractive young woman to me. X

Looking fab Joanne, you don't need surgery sweetie. X

Male fail Byanyothername, we can all see the woman when your in guy mode :) Look at the huge difference in confidence in your avatar piccie compared to that picture though. Girl on a mission indeed! X

Stunning as always Archlord. So wonderful watching your confidence grow and all your lovely piccies X

Makeup and specs

Just eye shadow.

Proof of sunshine in Scotland :)
Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
  •  

byanyothername

Thanks Moomin, you are looking so pretty in those photos :-) hope you enjoyed Scotland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: byanyothername on January 16, 2016, 10:56:58 AM
Thanks Moomin, you are looking so pretty in those photos :-) hope you enjoyed Scotland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you in Norway 16. January?  ;D This may be a silly question. But I saw a person in a mall today who had a black winter cap and black trousers. The person looked alike you, but I didn't dare to greet and talk about Susan's place. I wasn't sure if that was you. I saw that person at a Norwegian mall.
  •  

November Fox

Moomin you pass completely, looking really great!  :)
  •  

Frae

Quote from: Moomin on January 16, 2016, 09:15:16 AM
Hiya everyone! Just got back from a mini trip to Scotland. Looks like I've been missing out, so many beautiful pictures.

I think you are doing great Frae, HRT is really working for you! Your very pretty! My only suggestion, which I hate saying, but try to smile in your piccies. I know its scary to do a full teethy cheesy smile, but I found my pictures vastly improved when I started smilling more. X

Karlie Ann, lovely picture lady! Definitely more female than male. Don't give up, your beautiful. I'm going to agree with Sebby, I think more girly glasses would help a lot. X

Cute piccie Shanade, not awful at all. You look like an attractive young woman to me. X

Looking fab Joanne, you don't need surgery sweetie. X

Male fail Byanyothername, we can all see the woman when your in guy mode :) Look at the huge difference in confidence in your avatar piccie compared to that picture though. Girl on a mission indeed! X

Stunning as always Archlord. So wonderful watching your confidence grow and all your lovely piccies X

Pass.

Proceed directly to fabulous.
  •  

tskriszti

What do you think?
I haven't take hormones yet, but I try to do my best.
Please be honest! I won't take offense. :)

•  

Mariah

You look great so far. Hi and Welcome to Susan's. I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Good luck and Hugs
Mariah

Things that you should read

Quote from: tskriszti on January 16, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
What do you think?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: tskriszti on January 16, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
What do you think?

If I saw you at the street randomly, I wouldn't be able to guess you're trans. :)
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on January 17, 2016, 07:39:25 AM
If I saw you at the street randomly, I wouldn't be able to guess you're trans. :)
ditto
  •