Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacey M

•  

Stacey M

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on February 10, 2016, 07:00:24 AM
I assumed everybody who posted in this thread ask for "Pass or not" opinions. The thread is called: "Do I look or could I pass as female?". If you posted in a update thread without pass or not questions or another thread type, you would get a difference respond.
some times people just need some positive feedback, others are excited to share how they are going 😊
  •  

Shandril

Its all about showing progress imo, and ive come a long way if you look back lol

~Shan~

•  

Ange

Already posted it a few weeks ago but no answer. Do I pass ? What haircut is the most feminine ?

Thanks !

Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

ali.yo1991

Hi! Heres my face! Im going for a French whore look lol

Soooooo how am I doing?
  •  

Quote from: Stacey M on February 10, 2016, 07:12:01 AM
some times people just need some positive feedback, others are excited to share how they are going

Quote from: Shandril on February 10, 2016, 07:51:04 AM
Its all about showing progress imo, and ive come a long way if you look back lol

~Shan~

This has been a talking point before and this (my) post more than likely won't change the status quo, but.....

If the very title, definition and meaning of a thread is either ignored due to hurt feelings (or fear of hurting feelings) or rendered virtually useless due to dishonest (and potentially harmful [for different, less obvious reasons]) hugboxing, then I vote then that mods change the name of this thread to [The Positive Encouragement Thread] and Sebby creates his own thread called [Sebby's brutally honest "Do I Pass? thread] and let the chips fall where they may.  At least there would be truth in advertising? :embarrassed:

FYI, I'm all about both encouragement and honesty, and it's an unfortunate reality that these two things cannot coexist all the time with all people because everyone here is at varying stages of transition, but when either of these terms' definitions are blurred and their meanings are then lost because you're trying to satisfy them both simultaneously, then something is broken imo.

•  

Jalynn

I definitely have been knocked down a peg or 2  by Sebby's opinion but I really do appreciate them and glad that there is someone being frankly honest on here. It's the best way to know what to work on. I also really appreciate being left with a little bit of hope. Just has to be a little bit. I like Shan and do think she looks very much female.
  •  

AbbyKat

Quote from: Ⓥ on February 10, 2016, 02:09:32 PM
This has been a talking point before and this (my) post more than likely won't change the status quo, but.....

If the very title, definition and meaning of a thread is either ignored due to hurt feelings (or fear of hurting feelings) or rendered virtually useless due to dishonest (and potentially harmful [for different, less obvious reasons]) hugboxing, then I vote then that mods change the name of this thread to [The Positive Encouragement Thread] and Sebby creates his own thread called [Sebby's brutally honest "Do I Pass? thread] and let the chips fall where they may.  At least there would be truth in advertising? :embarrassed:

FYI, I'm all about both encouragement and honesty, and it's an unfortunate reality that these two things cannot coexist all the time with all people because everyone here is at varying stages of transition, but when either of these terms' definitions are blurred and their meanings are then lost because you're trying to satisfy them both simultaneously, then something is broken imo.

It's even worse when he ignores you... I'm thinking "Are my pictures so bad that even he is afraid of offending me?!"  The last two posts I've made in this thread were made with the hope Sebby would give me an objective opinion.  I think I can take it.  For me, it's a matter of physical safety knowing if we pass in an objective manner.  Ok, my point wasn't to ramble and whine; I'm just saying that Sebby provides a valuable perspective.

As for Shandril, she has indeed come a long ways and is looking great.  I have no doubts she will end up with a good outcome, being able to walk around without being stared at for the wrong reasons (I'm sure she'll be stared at for the good reasons soon enough).  Sebby was just being blunt as he seems to do. 
  •  

AbbyKat

Quote from: Shandril on February 10, 2016, 07:51:04 AM

~Shan~

You certainly have!  Keep in mind that true objectivity is difficult in this thread.  If I were to ask myself if any particular woman on the street is trans, that person will look trans to me.

So, when we are giving each other our opinions, it is with the knowledge of your situation, you know?  You very well might be passing to people who are unsuspecting.  I am constantly having to remind myself to be patient.  As long as you are moving (no matter the speed) in the direction you want to go, just relax and enjoy the ride.
  •  

lostcharlie

Ange - didn't want you to hang another couple of weeks... I think your looking pretty good. Don't know if your on HRT 
  yet. If your dress and mannerisms "spell girl"  I wouldn't give a second thought on seeing you out and about that your not a girl. As for your hair, I like the length you've got going, but clueless on what style might be best for you. You might want to visit a friendly stylist in your area for some "pro" advice.

Ali.yo1991, think your doing pretty good....
  •  

PrincessPatience

Quote from: archlord on February 09, 2016, 01:56:49 PM
What!?  you look stunning! i mean.. i cant find anything male here ..  You arent full time seriously?!???

and yes i am honest, i never lie on someone appearance
OMG, really? Thank you so much. You're really blossoming yourself tbh! 

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on February 09, 2016, 02:10:11 PM
You pass, look feminine and pretty.

Quote from: ChasingAlice on February 09, 2016, 03:10:27 PM
100% woman to me. And cute.  :)
Quote from: stephaniec on February 09, 2016, 10:03:04 PM
ditto

I really never expected all this great feedback.  Thank you for your (i'm hoping haha) honest opinions everyone! I really do appreciate it.

Quote from: Paige0000 on February 10, 2016, 04:54:20 AM
Honestly oh babe you would have no issues passing. Aside from your somewhat wideish jaw your face is extremely feminine.

Thank you! and yeah my jawline is my most insecure part of my face. I'm hoping HRT will fix that in time.  Do you think i should wait till it softens first before going full time?  Again thank you so much for being honest with me!  I don't want to walk around delusional about myself.

Quote from: Abysha on February 09, 2016, 07:24:18 PM
So... you're telling us you walk around in boy mode looking like that?  My question is how do you pass as a man?!  Needless to say, yeah, you should go forward and not look back. 

It's crazy what dysphoria can do to our self perception so I'll let it slide that you even had to ask because I totally get it.  But hands down, no question in my mind.

Well i don't look exactly like this in boy mode sadly haha but people mistake me for a girl in public many times. and I just only dress up like this around the house. I only asked because i don't know how i look to other people.  Even tho i'm a year + on mones, I haven't went public at all yet. I'm scared of being clocked tbh. I don't want to walk around delusional looking like a bad drag queen and getting called sir and laughed at.  But thank you for your honesty. I plan on going out with some friends later this year for the first time as my true self and needed as many opinions as possible on my progress.   
  •  

ChasingAlice

Quote from: Ange on February 10, 2016, 08:04:18 AM
Already posted it a few weeks ago but no answer. Do I pass ? What haircut is the most feminine ?

Thanks !

I say pass. I really like the andro look, but you're clearly female. I like square jaws. Lots of cis women have square jaws and is not a deal breaker.

The Adam's apple kinda hurts some, but again cis women have those and it perfectly natural.

Your there. Your voice and manorisms will determine if you pass. 

Depending on how you wear your long hair you may be able to conceal or take away from your Adam's apple.

Ange

Thank you a lot for the answers !

I've been on HRT for 9 monthes. (yep it doesn't show much  :-X)

Don't be afraid to be brutally honnest, I'm really hard to hurt. (and I'm looking for it)

QuoteThe Adam's apple kinda hurts some, but again cis women have those and it perfectly natural.

Well I'm openly trans so it's not a big deal as long as people in the street or in the supermarket don't ask me "hey why do you have an adam's apple ?" But I was under the impression that nobody looked at that. I might be wrong though.

I'm dressing androgynously right now but I'm not sure wether or not I should pick some more feminine cloth and wear a bit makeup when going outside.

Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: ali.yo1991 on February 10, 2016, 12:21:28 PM
Hi! Heres my face! Im going for a French whore look lol

Soooooo how am I doing?

You pass.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Stacey M on February 10, 2016, 07:05:37 AM
This is me a few days ago  ;D

How long have you been on HRT? For me you're not passing yet, but HRT may soften your face. Your ears and nose has a masculine look. I don't know how to describe it properly. But some ears I just consider more masculine than others. Perhaps it's only me. Idk.

Maybe a bit makeup would help you a bit. It may make you skin appear more smooth and feminine. That can soften your facial features too. I see you has long hair. Long hair is often seen as feminine, so that's a good thing. But maybe you can add some volume in it and I recommend you trying out difference haircut so you know which one that would suit you. For some people bang make wonders, and make a more feminine frame. For other, another hairstyle works better. I recommend you to work a bit with your hair, that would affect the passing ability I have heard.

A guide I found.

The page where I found the picture: http://point5cc.com/mtf-hairstyle-guide-tips-and-inspiration/
  •  

Karlie Ann

Playing around with hair and makeup and with my new top. -
Your current situation is not your final destination.
  •  

loyalkirsten

Please don't be mean but be honest

signed~
♡Kirsten Danielle xoxo

•  

stephaniec

Quote from: loyalkirsten on February 20, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Please don't be mean but be honest

signed~
♡Kirsten Danielle xoxo
Have you started HRT