Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura_7

Quote from: byanyothername on March 24, 2016, 10:30:15 AM

Hair just grows so slowly doesn't it?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

Imo you might try to cover the whole forehead and brows.
Many transgender people do this, it can make for a big change.
You might look up pictures of Isley Reust as an example.

Black clothing tends to hide surface.
People associate automatically feminine when they see boobies.
So if you wear a brighter colour for blouses it might optically add some volume .

There are clipin extensions available which can make for longer hair quickly.
They are available in good quality as real hair. Its possible to look up tutorials on youtube on how to apply them.
They are nor pricey and can be taken off during the night.
Depending on mood only a few can be worn, or the whole set.
They allow for ventilation and after a few minutes of wearing its well possible it feels natural.

*hugs* 
  •  

Laura_7

For hair growth one of the few remedies that really seem to help are biotin supplements.
I would look for organic sources.
There are supplements with zinc which helps nail growth but zinc seems to aid testosterone.

I read an article on wikipedia where people stated additional hair growth of 60% or more.
There were a few people who really measured growth each month.
Well in mm its not that much but it adds up over months.

And well imo a healthy nutrition also helps.

*hugs*
  •  

martine

Quote from: RachelsMantra on March 23, 2016, 05:54:30 PM
It's been awhile since I have posted in this thread. I'm now at almost 7 months HRT. Am I passing in these pictures?

For comparison, here's me at the very beginning of hormones:

You look absolutely beautiful! This whole "but you've still got some masculine features" is getting on my nerves. Of course you do like many of us. But they are exactly what makes you particularly stunning and you look no less feminine.

Cheers,

Martine

•  

byanyothername

Thanks for the input everyone :-)

•  

Maxineeh

Hi, so HRT is moving closer and closer, and all I can do it look att /r/transtimelines and try to compare myself to others. This only makes me nervous, scared, and almost lose hope of ever passing. I don't think I can judge myself properly because I've always been very hard on myself to the point where I'm never satisfied with anything.

I'm 23 years old and pre-everything, and just using a cheap wig in the pictures because my hair is still growing.

•  

RachelsMantra

Quote from: martine on March 25, 2016, 10:31:48 AM
You look absolutely beautiful! This whole "but you've still got some masculine features" is getting on my nerves. Of course you do like many of us. But they are exactly what makes you particularly stunning and you look no less feminine.

Cheers,

Martine

Yes - thank you. And thank you to everyone who posted words of encouragement. I have been trying to embrace the masculine features of my face as part of what makes me unique looking as a trans woman.
Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: RachelsMantra on March 25, 2016, 02:34:19 PM

Yes - thank you. And thank you to everyone who posted words of encouragement. I have been trying to embrace the masculine features of my face as part of what makes me unique looking as a trans woman.

I myself would not have noticed.

As said imo the aura is def feminine.

*hugs*
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Maxineeh on March 25, 2016, 01:26:24 PM
Hi, so HRT is moving closer and closer, and all I can do it look att /r/transtimelines and try to compare myself to others. This only makes me nervous, scared, and almost lose hope of ever passing. I don't think I can judge myself properly because I've always been very hard on myself to the point where I'm never satisfied with anything.

I'm 23 years old and pre-everything, and just using a cheap wig in the pictures because my hair is still growing.

You could try to cover brows and forehead more, for example fixing the hair with pins, making a nice bang all over the forehead,

A lipstick in unobtrusive colours ...

the body is really nice imo ...

I'd say just give it some time, and there are also other things ... voice ... mannerism ...
just try to feel like a girl inside and it will show in gait and mannerism ... not exaggerated but naturally ...
imo it will all improve over time  :)

*hugs*
  •  

Maxineeh

Quote from: Laura_7 on March 25, 2016, 02:54:38 PM
You could try to cover brows and forehead more, for example fixing the hair with pins, making a nice bang all over the forehead,

A lipstick in unobtrusive colours ...

the body is really nice imo ...

I'd say just give it some time, and there are also other things ... voice ... mannerism ...
just try to feel like a girl inside and it will show in gait and mannerism ... not exaggerated but naturally ...
imo it will all improve over time  :)

*hugs*

Thank you :)

I was also thinking bangs once my hair is long enough because I have a big forehead. Good to hear someone agrees. What do you think of clear lip gloss? I've never been much of a lipstick fan. One very big worry I've always had is my big chin, do you think that will be a problem, or rather would I need FFS?
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Maxineeh on March 25, 2016, 01:26:24 PM

You're not passing at all yet, with that kind of hair. If you want to look convincing, I recommend you strongly using hair/wigs that looks realistic. I know I sound boring and expensive. But you doesn't come far with something that doesn't look 100% realistic. People would get thoughts about it's not real and they would think you're not passing well. The main thing is which kind of hairstyle and wigs you has.

HRT can do wonders. So on HRT, you may pass well, you may. But now you're not passing yet. But your body seems nice and promising. That would turn out feminine at HRT and you're lucky who hasn't a masculine body that some people may have.

PS! You should be patient and be at least on HRT for a couple of years before considering FFS.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Maxineeh on March 25, 2016, 03:36:11 PM
Thank you :)

I was also thinking bangs once my hair is long enough because I have a big forehead. Good to hear someone agrees. What do you think of clear lip gloss? I've never been much of a lipstick fan. One very big worry I've always had is my big chin, do you think that will be a problem, or rather would I need FFS?

I don't know how much the wig was but its possible to give wigs a hair cut.
You could look up pictures of Isley Reust. She also has blonde hair, trimmed exactly to cover the brows.
This is part of the region some FFS procedures change. So covering that area can really make a change.

You can start with simple lip balm in the beginning.
Lip gloss is another possibility.
And as said lipstick in unobtrusive colours.
Too colourful lipstick might rather look artificial in the beginning.

For the chin you could start with a nourishing product, like coconut oil. It gives a groomed look.
Later you could try some liquid foundation.
I'd prefer organic products .. they are better for the skin. Maybe only a few but good products in the beginning.
Together with some volumizing mascara it could give a rather good impression already.

As said ... just give it some time ... try to improve a few things... and if on hrt things are supposed to change a bit still ...
I'd say you do not need to think about FFS yet.

*hugs*
  •  

Maxineeh

Quote from: Laura_7 on March 25, 2016, 04:07:24 PM
I don't know how much the wig was but its possible to give wigs a hair cut.
You could look up pictures of Isley Reust. She also has blonde hair, trimmed exactly to cover the brows.
This is part of the region some FFS procedures change. So covering that area can really make a change.

You can start with simple lip balm in the beginning.
Lip gloss is another possibility.
And as said lipstick in unobtrusive colours.
Too colourful lipstick might rather look artificial in the beginning.

For the chin you could start with a nourishing product, like coconut oil. It gives a groomed look.
Later you could try some liquid foundation.
I'd prefer organic products .. they are better for the skin. Maybe only a few but good products in the beginning.
Together with some volumizing mascara it could give a rather good impression already.

As said ... just give it some time ... try to improve a few things... and if on hrt things are supposed to change a bit still ...
I'd say you do not need to think about FFS yet.

*hugs*

Don't think restyling the wig is possible unfortunately. It was just a 10 dollar wig I got from a random party store simply to try long blonde hair, and it's incredibly uncomfortable to wear after a while so not going to wear it outside.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to do a lot of research because I'm still really, really, really bad at makeup, creams... and all other styling products basically. I've always had short hair, never really wore makeup, and never bothered with creams so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can stay stay in boymode for a couple of years so I have time to learn everything :D
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Maxineeh on March 25, 2016, 04:48:47 PM
Don't think restyling the wig is possible unfortunately. It was just a 10 dollar wig I got from a random party store simply to try long blonde hair, and it's incredibly uncomfortable to wear after a while so not going to wear it outside.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to do a lot of research because I'm still really, really, really bad at makeup, creams... and all other styling products basically. I've always had short hair, never really wore makeup, and never bothered with creams so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can stay stay in boymode for a couple of years so I have time to learn everything :D

A nourishing product for the face can already make a difference, for example jojoba or coconut oil based.

And  maybe you can get something similar at your place ...

http://www.soorganic.com/lavera-natural-liquid-foundation.html

there is volumizing mascara which gives lashes a bigger look ...

there are quite a few hints for beginners at susans ...

and there are tutorials on youtube ...

*hugs*
  •  

CatherineFay

Hey so I recently just started makeup this is my fifth try. I was wondering what you guys think and advice would be appreciated. I'm still pre everything.

Fifth time with cheap wig:

And one from today from a different angle. Can really see how cheap the wig is:

•  

KarmaGirl

I love seeing all you girls starting out in your journey (I did 5 years or so ago). But most of all, I LOVE all those HAPPY SMILES!!!

Best to all of you and HAVE FUN with it!

Cheers to all of you!
  •  

SanaRinomi

Hey, Girls! Just wondering. Do you think I look female?

Any input will be helpful!

Love, Sarina!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yes Sarina, very passable! My only advice honestly would be to grow your hair out!, very pretty shape!, lucky you!
And thers alot of you girls here that will have alot of success once hrt starts reshaping your bodies and faces!
I will post a picture soon too, kinda scared too though!
Goodluck, Christine xx

•  

SanaRinomi

Quote from: ChristineRachel on March 26, 2016, 02:23:07 AM
Yes Sarina, very passable! My only advice honestly would be to grow your hair out!, very pretty shape!, lucky you!
And thers alot of you girls here that will have alot of success once hrt starts reshaping your bodies and faces!
I will post a picture soon too, kinda scared too though!
Goodluck, Christine xx

Thank you Christine! I can't really grow out my hair because I still have things to do on my male side also, I just got it  cut recently so it still needs to grow a bit more!

P.s. No need to worry on uploading a picture, you'll see that you were overthinking on uploading it or not!

Love, Sarina!
  •  

kiteless

hi everybody... this is me. i was really happy with this picture the other day

•  

Laura_7

Quote from: CatherineFay on March 25, 2016, 06:40:45 PM
Hey so I recently just started makeup this is my fifth try. I was wondering what you guys think and advice would be appreciated. I'm still pre everything.

Fifth time with cheap wig

The second picture is really nice.
I'd say keep on ... try a few things...
for a better wig you might have a look at ebay.
Sometimes there are people who sell real hair wigs which were rarely used ...
I'd simply look for reputable sellers...

*hugs*
  •