Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SashaGrace

Quote from: ClaudiaLove on April 14, 2016, 06:34:53 AM
Hello ,

You look great , and i like those slippers too 😊
I hope you have a great ceremony and i would love to see the dress . I love to watch wedding dresses , maybe one day i will wear one .

Xoxo

Quote from: Moomin on April 14, 2016, 07:25:31 AM
Beautiful Sasha! Loving your outfit (slippers lncluded) ;)
I think you pass just fine, love your glasses by the way! X

Thanks guys :) I love my slippers, I'd wear them everywhere if I could haha. My glasses are Converse ones, I have a lipstick that matches them perfectly actually ;)

Anyways, my wedding dress...

And the back

That was fitted up when I had a fringe and my hair was a little shorter and blonder. I've aged too haha. Those pics are from about 16 months ago when I bought the dress. I had my final fitting prior to adjustments last week with my shoes and I'm proud to say the dress fits me even better than it did then which is good as it's a zip back :) I love it and I've never seen a dress like it!!
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Claire

Absolutely love the dress and you look lovely!  I like the more natural smile in the second picture.

Claire (née Dori)
Claire.
  •  

SashaGrace

Thanks hunni!! I love the dress and I've never seen one like it :D
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 14, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

You pass better at picture 2 than 1. You have a masculine head shape, facial features and expression at booth pictures, but you have still a more feminine expression at the second one. You pass better at picture 2 because the nice shaped body, the dress and the hair are feminine. Your arms look feminine and nice too. I think the bang helps you a bit with the passing ability. Without the bang, your forehead looks indeed more rough and manly. HRT would soften your face after several years perhaps.

Do you pass? Not in my opinion. You don't pass yet.
  •  

Galyo

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on April 15, 2016, 10:52:55 AM
HRT would soften your face after several years.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that she already is on HRT. Regardless, I think you should stop assuming things you are unaware of, because the way you're phrasing your advice now is kind of insulting this way.
  •  

abd789

I agree with you Galyo and the way Sebby says things does make me cringe often... but in his defense... and he has pointed this out... this thread title is Do I Look or Could I pass as Female.... and if you post here it is assumed you are asking that very question. There are other threads just to post your pics, and not get brutal truths handed your way. I also believe that his culture and manner of speaking is just a bit more forward and honest than most of us are used to.
  •  

Sebby is honest and gives advice and specifics on what to change/de-emphasize/work on for people who don't pass.

So basically......

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE

LoL, c'mon people; look at the thread you're in.

•  

Galyo

Quote from: RitaChans on April 15, 2016, 07:23:49 PM
I agree with you Galyo and the way Sebby says things does make me cringe often... but in his defense... and he has pointed this out... this thread title is Do I Look or Could I pass as Female.... and if you post here it is assumed you are asking that very question. There are other threads just to post your pics, and not get brutal truths handed your way. I also believe that his culture and manner of speaking is just a bit more forward and honest than most of us are used to.

Indeed; this is an advice thread and I personally value brutally honest opinions a lot. It was his assuming that she wasn't on HRT yet, which seemed a little unnecessarily rude to me (perhaps by accident).

QuoteSebby is honest and gives advice and specifics on what to change/de-emphasize/work on for people who don't pass.

Again: his honesty is not the issue here. It's the phrasing in his last comment that seemed to assume a little too much in my opinion. It's the same as saying "maybe you should consider putting on make-up someday" to somebody who JUST said she's using make-up. It's disheartening and frankly kind of insulting, no matter the intent.

This isn't the first time Sebby posted something along those lines either.
  •  

PrincessPatience

Yall are being ridiculous. This thread NEEDS more people like sebby. I don't get how any of you think his mean in any regard? All the things he says is accurate and straight to the point. you guys are being way to sensitive. If you think he's being "mean" then good luck in the real world. Id rather people like sebby say hey "you look like a dude in a wig. I don't think it's right for you to go full time right now. Here is what you need to work on" Then someone call me a T-slur or something worse when I walk outside. This is the do I pass thread not the hey let's hold hands and sing kumbya thread. Sebby is one of the few keeping the integrity of this thread alive. Don't post if you don't want the truth/advice. 
  •  

Galyo

Quote from: PrincessPatience on April 15, 2016, 08:17:42 PM
Yall are being ridiculous. This thread NEEDS more people like sebby. I don't get how any of you think his mean in any regard? All the things he says is accurate and straight to the point. you guys are being way to sensitive. If you think he's being "mean" then good luck in the real world. Id rather people like sebby say hey "you look like a dude in a wig. I don't think it's right for you to go full time right now. Here is what you need to work on" Then someone call me a T-slur or something worse when I walk outside. This is the do I pass thread not the hey let's hold hands and sing kumbya thread. Sebby is one of the few keeping the integrity of this thread alive. Don't post if you don't want the truth/advice.

*sigh*

Being honest does not justify being insulting. Sebby wasn't just being honest, he was being insulting. -_-

Assuming somebody's not on HRT because she has masculine features in your opinion *IS* insulting.

If I wanted insults hurled at me, I'd walk to a Trump-rally in girl-mode. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY is having issues with honesty here! -_-
Jeez, I already feel sorry about commenting about it. I had a hunch this was going to be taken completely out of context by some people.
  •  

stephaniec

Personally From what I've read of Sebby's post's he gives his unique perspective be it sometimes seemingly harsh , but I believe he's trying to help in his own way and as others have pointed out you should be able to except opinions because that's all they are. It's definitely better than the constant your gorgeous , your beautiful method. I myself kind of look like a mutation , but I really could give a crap .
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Hello all, It has been a while since I posted but I wanted to show how I look today.

Here I was in Winter of 2012 (Still hovering between 300-350) that year I think.

Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Dena

:police: Back on topic. If you post in this thread, you need to expect that you may be unhappy with the review. Beauty and passing are personal judgements and sometimes subject to error. If you don't wish to be judged harshly don't post in this thread. The moderators keep an eye on the thread and should somebody be to far out of line with their judgement, action will be taken.  :police:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on April 15, 2016, 09:45:27 PM
Hello all, It has been a while since I posted but I wanted to show how I look today.

You have made awesome progress Shawn  :icon_chick:  Quite impressive

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Galyo

Unbelievable how my comment is STILL being misunderstood...

Ontopic: SashaGrace, I think you look great in that dress, and even though I think you still show some masculinity in your photo's, I DON'T assume that you're not on hormones because of it.
  •  

stephaniec

I think we need to move forward and have a rebirth maybe even a virgin birth and start  fresh.
  •  

stephaniec

how about critique me
  •  

Vicky Mitchell

Vicky

•  

stephaniec

•