News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 19, 2016, 02:18:35 PM
Thanks :) But wiggy?? That's my hair!! With extensions in granted but it's my hair. My hair in the dress pic is mostly my hair but is the way it is due to scarring from a massive car crash I had a few years back and my hair doesn't grow in some places properly. It's healed up better now but I have to have extensions all the time to cover the patches up.

Maybe the reason she believes your hair is a wig is because your hair looks stiff and your hairline looks suspected? At one of the pictures, it looks like your hairline is a wig. Real hair do usually go inside your skin at the scalp.

Example like this.
  •  

Melanie ♡

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 19, 2016, 02:18:35 PM
Thanks :) But wiggy?? That's my hair!! With extensions in granted but it's my hair. My hair in the dress pic is mostly my hair but is the way it is due to scarring from a massive car crash I had a few years back and my hair doesn't grow in some places properly. It's healed up better now but I have to have extensions all the time to cover the patches up.

Im sorry I didn't know  :-\
  •  

HeatherR

Some days I feel amazing and beautiful, then there are all the other days..  Today is one of the former.
The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.  ~Ralph Blum~

•  

stephaniec

•  

SofiN

These aren't the best pictures, but I'd be curious on opinions / what I could do different. I seem to pass somewhat in public but I'd like some pointers!

Here is a picture showing my hair at present.

This is 4 and a half months of HRT, about 2 months at optimal levels.
  •  

kittenpower

Quote from: SofiN on April 23, 2016, 12:55:26 PM
These aren't the best pictures, but I'd be curious on opinions / what I could do different. I seem to pass somewhat in public but I'd like some pointers!

You are doing well, but the bangs aren't really suited for your face shape as they make your face look more square shaped.  And your eyeglasses are making your face look more square shaped as well; so a different hairstyle and new glasses would make your face look more feminine.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: HeatherR on April 23, 2016, 03:53:02 AM

Some days I feel amazing and beautiful, then there are all the other days..  Today is one of the former.

You do pass.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

I think you should consider a difference haircut. This haircut including square glasses makes your head even more square and masculine. Your head shape, glasses and nose are a bit manly. With a haircut that make you appear a bit rounder and changing the glasses may make you appear more feminine. Maybe you would pass then. Now you're able to "pass" as the masculine, even with long hair. That haircut you has was a knight's haircut from the early medieval time.

•  

Jean24

Okay everyone, I think I'm finally ready for some feedback! I'm curious to know what my shape looks like to others. I'm also unsure of how I appear from the side, I think my ribs or sholuders look big?? And if I have any features that really just stick out, I'd like to hear about them too! Thanks!! :D

Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

SofiN

Thanks for the honest opinions. I won't lie, it was really upsetting to hear but it is better than sugarcoating.

I honestly have no idea what to do with my hair, I originally tried a sideswept thing but it made my forehead look bigger so I tried to cover it with bangs. Really need some help figuring out what to do with it.

As for the glasses, I only just got them but I had a lot of help picking them out and they apparently suited me best - I like them so probably won't change them for now. As hair seems to be the main issue right now I'd be open for some suggestions.
  •  

Marlee

Jean24,
my honest opinion:
you look like a young woman who has been very athletically active..perhaps gymnastics. I see nothing un-feminine there.
  •  

HeatherR

Quote from: Jean24 on April 23, 2016, 03:40:23 PM
Okay everyone, I think I'm finally ready for some feedback! I'm curious to know what my shape looks like to others. I'm also unsure of how I appear from the side, I think my ribs or sholuders look big?? And if I have any features that really just stick out, I'd like to hear about them too! Thanks!! :D

I think your body is amazing!  I'm super jelly!
The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.  ~Ralph Blum~

•  

Jean24

Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Once again a few pics from yesterday, I hope I can soon pluck my eyebrows, soon as I come out!,
And my shoulders are so damn strong! :S
Anyone have ways of decreasing muscle mass, hormones will do it but still have a few months to go! >_<

•  

Melanie ♡

Your face will get rounder with hrt, anyway sweep your bangs to a side, also let your bangs/hair grow, because short bangs are really hard to pull off.
  •  

Quote from: ChristineRachel on April 23, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
but still have a few months to go! >_<

I absolutely can't wait to see your progress... I think ppl are going to be all :o :o :o

•  

RachelsMantra

Another video. I've lost interest in posting selfies cuz it's easy to put on makeup, find good lighting, good angle, etc and make myself look pretty. What I care about now I guess is my passability in real life with my voice, which I feel is really the main thing holding me back from getting she/her pronouns.

I'm afraid I already know the answer to my question: I don't pass, at least not fully. I'm clockable.
Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Thank you V :')
And Rachel, I would so anything for a voice like that!
I'd say you are very nearly perfect!
I'd love to hear how you sounded before, keep up the good work.
Hugs, Christine

•  

zog

Both a two years on hormones comparison pic and a do I pass question. Seems that I do pass fairly consistently these days, but it's hard to really trust it. External validation might help out.
  •