Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on April 12, 2016, 02:04:52 PM
Your voice aren't passing 100%. I can hear a revealing timbre in your voice. But you're doing your voice alright. It's not very dark or masculine. I can hear and see you're not cis.

Sebby, I thought you said you were from Norway. Do people fit a gender binary more where you come from? I'm American and there's less traditionally feminine or masculine where I come from among cis people. I'm curious because of the way you judge.

KarlMars

Quote from: KatelynBG on April 07, 2016, 05:20:57 AM
I went out as Katelyn to my trans group support meeting last night. It was my first extended period of time as myself with other people around. Afterwards I went to a few stores and didn't get any strange looks at all. What do you think? Pass?

Yes you pass. Did you make that avatar art? It's beautiful.

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: alienbodybuilder on April 28, 2016, 09:28:00 AM
Sebby, I thought you said you were from Norway. Do people fit a gender binary more where you come from? I'm American and there's less traditionally feminine or masculine where I come from among cis people. I'm curious because of the way you judge.

There are usually difference between male and female faces. Women faces are usually softer, rounder and has smaller features e.g. But men faces are usually more rough, square, has bigger features and aren't always so soft. Off course there are difference between every people. But the distances between the facial features, the head shape, softness, skull etc. etc are often difference between the sexes. There are masculine and feminine traits, by the way they gets affected by the hormones. In many cases I can see difference between the sexes because the secondary sex features. There aren't anything wrong with not passing or looking more masculine/feminine than your own gender. Since people in this thread ask us they do pass or not, they get served a honest answer. :)

Most cis-women do resemble more at the person at the left side at the picture than the person at the right side. Most cis-men do resemble more at the person at the right side than the left one. I'm not talking about every human being, but how it's when it comes to most people or many people.

•  

kittenpower

Sorry Sebby, but you have upset the space-time continuum for the last time. We shall not be assimilated into your gender binary paradigm. 😉
  •  

Joi

Please give me a critique!  You'll have to use my avatar as I don't know the technique to place a pic in the msg field!

•  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: kittenpower on April 28, 2016, 08:52:19 PM
Sorry Sebby, but you have upset the space-time continuum for the last time. We shall not be assimilated into your gender binary paradigm. 😉

People are allowed to be disagree with me. Some people may pass for some people, but doesn't necessary pass for other. I can think a person don't pass, but another person may be disagree. Therefor it's nice to have a thread like this, so people can tell their opinions about how much each other do pass. It's a nice thing to get difference opinions.
  •  

Jalynn

I really value Sebbys opinon especially because it is honest.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Jalynn on April 29, 2016, 10:59:35 AM
I really value Sebby's opinons, especially because it is honest.

Thank you. :)
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Joi on April 29, 2016, 12:07:55 AM
You'll have to use my avatar as I don't know the technique to place a pic in the msg field!

-upload the picture to a picture hoster. A link to the picture and possibly a link for deletion is given there.

-include the image in img-brackets (remove the X)
[imgX]http://linkfrompicturehoster[/img]

if you want to stay anonymous
-use pictures where no gps data is on, or delete the info with a suitable program
-don't use your personal account with a picture hoster

Imo you pass.
Nice acessoires.
You might try bangs covering forehead and brows.
You can look up pictures of Isley Reust, she has her hair cut exactly to cover brows.
It may mimick what a part of FFS does.

hugs
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Please give me a critique!  You'll have to use my avatar as I don't know the technique to place a pic in the msg field!

Except the masculine nose, you do pass.
  •  

Jennilyn

7 mos hrt update! Estrogen levels are at 240 (she bumped me up to higher levels so I feel better with no thoughts of suicide etc) hair is getting so long and thick!! <3 and I've finally completed all of my legal name stuff so I'm officially me :D never felt better!! Oh yea, 225 lbs lost!! I'm nearly at my goal weight! Love you guys! Best wishes from Jenni!

<~~~ my avatar pic is me today, I'd love to know what you all think!! Let me have it! ;)
Sometimes it feels like life is an uphill race, sometimes it feels like a losing battle, but we need to shine on. No matter who's trying to turn off our light.
  •  

Jalynn

•  

V M

Quote from: Jennilyn on April 30, 2016, 12:05:32 PM

<~~~ my avatar pic is me today, I'd love to know what you all think!! Let me have it! ;)

Hi Jenni

I think you have made great progress and it shows in your lovely smile  :icon_chick:  Keep up the good work

Oh, and you're going to have to start posting in the 'Fabulous' thread

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

jossam

Quote from: Jennilyn on April 30, 2016, 12:05:32 PM
7 mos hrt update! Estrogen levels are at 240 (she bumped me up to higher levels so I feel better with no thoughts of suicide etc) hair is getting so long and thick!! <3 and I've finally completed all of my legal name stuff so I'm officially me :D never felt better!! Oh yea, 225 lbs lost!! I'm nearly at my goal weight! Love you guys! Best wishes from Jenni!

That's great!!!! Good job!

And I think you're beautiful  ;D
  •  

jossam

You definitely pass to me. I disagree with Sebby about the nose. It means nothing, really, noses are just noses. I see all kinds of people with all kinds of noses. What makes people pass or not pass usually are jaws and general face shape, but maybe I'm the only one who considers noses pretty neutral.
  •  

HeatherR

So I let one of my classmates cut a fringe and now all I see is guy with bangs..... 
The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.  ~Ralph Blum~

•  

jossam

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on April 28, 2016, 02:46:20 PM
There are usually difference between male and female faces. Women faces are usually softer, rounder and has smaller features e.g. But men faces are usually more rough, square, has bigger features and aren't always so soft. Off course there are difference between every people. But the distances between the facial features, the head shape, softness, skull etc. etc are often difference between the sexes. There are masculine and feminine traits, by the way they gets affected by the hormones. In many cases I can see difference between the sexes because the secondary sex features. There aren't anything wrong with not passing or looking more masculine/feminine than your own gender. Since people in this thread ask us they do pass or not, they get served a honest answer. :)

Most cis-women do resemble more at the person at the left side at the picture than the person at the right side. Most cis-men do resemble more at the person at the right side than the left one. I'm not talking about every human being, but how it's when it comes to most people or many people.

That's a very binary and extreme representation though. My jaw isn't that soft, it looks like something between the left and right figures. It isn't very square shaped but it isn't so round either. That's what I was told. And I'm pre-T.
There are differences, obviously, but they're not always that evident and extreme. I see cis guys with soft round jaws and small facial traits (small noses, small lips, small ears). Just an example. A friend always calls this cis guy delicate and says he has soft traits.
  •  

jossam

Quote from: HeatherR on April 30, 2016, 10:49:21 PM
So I let one of my classmates cut a fringe and now all I see is guy with bangs..... 

I don't see a guy at all. If we weren't on this site and you didn't tell us, I'd never think you are trans. I read cis woman. Totally.
  •  

V M

Guy? What guy? You looks a girl to me

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Not even trying to see a guy, I manage to see him. No there's none.
  •