Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byanyothername

This photo was taken while going for my first GIC appointment. I'm 3 weeks into low dose HRT here. Give me your worst! Obviously the short hair doesn't help, I'm planning on getting extensions put in when I go full time later this year :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

barbie

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 04:25:58 AM
This photo was taken while going for my first GIC appointment. I'm 3 weeks into low dose HRT here. Give me your worst! Obviously the short hair doesn't help, I'm planning on getting extensions put in when I go full time later this year :-)

You look nice. Sure. A little bit longer hair will certainly feminine your appearance further.
This type of hair style is popular here among young girls:

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 04:25:58 AM

You passed much better with that long hair, as I mention earlier. With short hair, you don't look feminine enough to pass. All your manly features are much more visible with the short hair and you appear indeed lesser feminine. It's possible to see you're not cis. It's not impossible for you to pass. You have showed us earlier that you can pass, it was the picture where you had that long hair.

But you looks more feminine at the picture where you're smiling than your profile picture. The smiling really helps a bit at the passing. Without the smile, you appear lesser feminine-looking.

A smile where you show the teeth helps passing.
  •  

byanyothername

What features in particular show as manly to you?

•  

ainawa88

I have been on hormones for a year as of June 4th, 2016. I have been growing my hair out since October of 2014!

I can post a close up of my face if necessary/desired by anyone. :)
  •  

byanyothername

Hiya, I'm not sure exactly what it is but I think something is giving you away in that photo! It might just be because you look a bit stern though.

P.s. I love the dress and the hair :-)

•  

mmmmm

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 07:34:23 AM

Although you dont any very masculine facial features, you do have somewhat androgynous facial features (forehead and orbital area, chin, nasolabial distance, nose). You have a really good starting point in that regard (better than most have), but its combination of these things, along with facial hair shadow, and current hairstyle, that together doesnt allow you to pass as cis-female yet. The effects of hormones alone and removed facial hair and more flattering hairstyle will make a huge difference, and soon enough you wont have much trouble passing. 
  •  

byanyothername

Thanks pastry, that's a really detailed answer :-) I had been struggling to pin down exactly what in my face made me look masculine (and I totally agree that I do) but I think you are right, it's a combination of lots of little things!

Thanks again :-)

•  

ainawa88

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 09:41:37 AM
Hiya, I'm not sure exactly what it is but I think something is giving you away in that photo! It might just be because you look a bit stern though.

P.s. I love the dress and the hair :-)

Thank you! Maybe this one is better?

Oh, and a tip for yourself ... I don't know if you have your ears pierced or not, but I've found that wearing hoopy earrings seems to offset the having short hair. :)
  •  

byanyothername

Ooh I love your cheeks and lips :-)

I reckon it's the brow bone that's the masculine feature as the rest of your face seems quite feminine to me.

Overall you are doing really well though! I do need to get my ears pierced, although I'm not out at work yet which makes it a bit awkward :-)

•  

V M

I think you look great in both pictures Ainawa  :icon_chick:  You've been feminizing really nicely and should probably get yourself on over to the "Fabulous" thread

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ainawa88

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 02:50:29 PM
I reckon it's the brow bone that's the masculine feature as the rest of your face seems quite feminine to me.

Heh, I think you're probably right. That is the one feature I have the most issue with/dysphoria about too.
  •  

Felicity R

Quote from: ainawa88 on May 16, 2016, 02:40:57 PM
Thank you! Maybe this one is better?

Oh, and a tip for yourself ... I don't know if you have your ears pierced or not, but I've found that wearing hoopy earrings seems to offset the having short hair. :)

You look beautiful :) And I like the earing suggestion too. I need to get mine pierced again, as they closed up after I took my earing out for surgery.
Full time - 02/08/16
HRT - 04/08/16
  •  

yokosoko

Hey all! I like to think I've improved since my last posting! I dressed up for a Skype date and my date said I totally pass, but I'm not sure if she was being nice, hence I submit myself to your thoughts... Do I pass? And if not what are the areas I could improve upon that could make a big difference.

(Ps didn't have my girly glasses but my date loved these, she said they work)

(2. Planing on starting hormones soon... Once I figure out logistics)

•  

SanaRinomi

Quote from: yokosoko on May 17, 2016, 11:58:09 AM
Hey all! I like to think I've improved since my last posting! I dressed up for a Skype date and my date said I totally pass, but I'm not sure if she was being nice, hence I submit myself to your thoughts... Do I pass? And if not what are the areas I could improve upon that could make a big difference.

(Ps didn't have my girly glasses but my date loved these, she said they work)

(2. Planing on starting hormones soon... Once I figure out logistics)

I say you definitely pass! d=(´▽`)=b

Love,  Sarina!

•  

KayXo

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

barbie

Quote from: SanaRinomi on May 17, 2016, 12:27:10 PM
I say you definitely pass! d=(´▽`)=b

Love,  Sarina!

Yes. I agree. But your overall appearance would be more important. For example, a balance between your hair style and your dress.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

yokosoko

Quote from: barbie on May 17, 2016, 03:57:14 PM
Yes. I agree. But your overall appearance would be more important. For example, a balance between your hair style and your dress.

barbie~~

Would you mind elaborating further :)
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: byanyothername on May 16, 2016, 07:34:23 AM

With long hair, feminine clothing, makeup etc. you appear much more feminine, but with short hair you look more masculine. The face itself aren't necessary very masculine or feminine, but in a middle-thing aka. androgynous. But the masculine short hair convert your face to appear and rest of yourself more manly, than with a more feminine hairstyle. Your hair do convert how feminine or masculine your face appears. It's a bit hard to explain.

Since your eyebrows are darker and thicker at your profile picture, you appear more masculine. You also have a gamerguy facial expression. Your facial expression are some of the features that make you more masculine or feminine. When you smile, you appear much softer and rounder in the face, and therefor more feminine. (I'm talking about shape, skin etc.) When you have that expression in the profile picture, you get lesser soft.

Maybe you should try a bang, perhaps it would suit you and give you a more feminine frame around your face.
  •  

byanyothername

Thanks Sebby that's really useful information. I know my hair lets me down but I've just got to go with it until I go full time!

•