Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

While at the doctor's office.

Started by crushdani, August 28, 2015, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crushdani

About a month or so ago, I was at the doctor's office for a regular visit and my physician wanted me to get some blood work as she thought I should be on a different dosage of my meds.  This place I go to is a large facility that has Mental Health workers, physicians, legal assistance, dentists, a pharmacy, and a lab for blood/urine work. 

I go down to the lab and I'm sitting there waiting in line.  I do notice that there are several other transgender individuals waiting.  I'm pretty stealth, so personally, I don't usually go out of my way to make conversation with people.  There were two other cisgender women there with their children as well. 

From my right comes this Maya Angelou looking transgender woman.  She comes up to every one of us (cis and trans) and hands out her card.  I look at it and it reads "Sisters of the T."  She then starts talking about her organization and how she intends to march with a banner down the middle of the road on a certain day and protest police violence against transgender individuals.  She then begins to say how the police "wrongfully" killed Mya Hall when she and Brittany Fleming crashed into a guarded NSA post/vehicle.

I couldn't believe it that this woman was: 1. Accosting me at the doctor's office. 2. Trying to say that police wrongfully killed Mya. and 3. Using Mya and Brittany as martyrs for her cause.

I threw her card away in disgust, got my blood work done, and left.

I hope I'm not the only one that is astounded by this.  I think what most angered me was the fact that she was trying to say the two that crashed into the NSA property were just victims.  She forgot to mention that they were sex workers, high as hell, in a stolen car, and had a gun and drugs in the car.  Not to forget the fact that they rammed an NSA vehicle and failed to listen to commands to stop the vehicle.

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I think if we are going to protest, it should be about worthwhile matters.

End rant.

P.S.: I am in no way saying that I do not think there are incidents where transgender people are mistreated by law enforcement.  I am solely ranting about this specific incident.
  •  

cheryl reeves

welcome to 2015,after 8 yrs of barry soetoro,the aggressors are now the victims and the victims are the aggressors..here i thought 8 yrs of bill clinton was bad..i would have told that transperson off and set her straight.
  •  

crushdani

I did via a Facebook message which I don't think has been read a month later.  I tend to try to keep even tempered in public.
  •