News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Weight Loss and Overall Fitness (Help)

Started by smiling_wolfie, September 07, 2015, 04:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smiling_wolfie

???
So long story short I have to drop roughly forty five pounds ... Only problem is, I really REALLY love eating. I almost feel addicted... I will do good all day, then at night it's almost as if all of my determination never existed in the first place. I know that I should be working out as well but I believe that my "diet" needs work first. Any ideas?? I guess you could say I'm a night binger  :-\ and this extra weight isn't helping my self esteem ... I look more feminine with the extra curves.

My "diet" before this would always be balanced, three meals a day at 1,300calories ... then at night, I go straight to the kitchen. I drink plenty of water and sleep good as well. It doesn't make sense! Anyway. I ramble. Thank you all who answer and God bless.
  •  

Tiffers

I could have written this post - I am in the same situation as you - I look forward to seeing if anyone has some advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

FTMax

The best way to start is the CICO method. Calories in, calories out. Do a search online and use a few different sites to calculate your BMR. This is how many calories you burn just by existing. Subtract somewhere between 250 to 1000 from that number, depending on how quickly you want to lose the weight (1000 for faster loss). This is the number of calories you can consume in a day and still lose weight.

I also love food and the only way I've found to eat better is planning and spreading the calories out. I eat 6-8 times per day with 150-250 calories at each meal. As a result, I don't get as hungry in between meals and I'm less likely to overeat. And remember to drink water. Drinking 8oz of water prior to eating, and drinking another 8oz with your food will help you not overeat. Make a plan for yourself and stick to it. On Saturday, I go shopping and do my food prepping. My menu is the same every day, all week long:

- 1 protein shake (240 calories)
- 1 pack breakfast cookies (230 calories)
- 1 pack chocolate covered banana slices (100 calories)
- 1 cheese stick, 1 beef jerky stick (180 calories)
- 1 cup of yogurt (140 calories)
- 2 batched entree portions (232 calories each)
- 1 chocolate cake square (50 calories)

The only thing that may change is the order I eat things in. Each of these is a standalone "meal". I eat every 2-3 hours, and I finish my day with cake. It doesn't get much easier to follow than the CICO method. You don't need to worry about macro stuff like proteins, fats, carbs, etc. If you're burning the calories and you've calculated everything correctly, you should be losing weight. If you're not, you need to see a doctor because there is something else going on there.

As far as exercise goes, start by trying to walk more. Jog or run if you can. I like the app Freeletics. It's cardio and body weight exercises combined to make short workouts. Getting your diet straight is going to be the most important thing to your success though. You can't outrun a bad diet.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

EleanorRiley

Hi!
There are various methods that you can use to shed some pounds. Some ways are fast, while others may take some time before you see significant changes. However, it is recommended to use multiple methods so one can compliment the effectiveness of another. This way, you will see changes fast, and you will be smiling soon thanks to the progress that you made.
A healthy diet, fat burning exercises, weight loss supplements - a combination of these methods will give you the best result.
Recently I read an article about best exercises for fat burning. Check it out for more information that will help you to improve your diet plan.
Best wishes! ;)
  •