Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Share the photos you have taken

Started by Naeree, September 13, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Quote from: Samantha C on September 19, 2015, 06:58:27 PM

Matt,
Really like that grass shot,  the water, dew makes me want to walk barefoot in it.   

I'll have to try that wine glass trick sounds interesting, Cindy does it make any difference if it's glass or crystal?

The guy I got the idea from is a pro, and his picture is copyright so I can't post it (and he wants $8000 for it). But the concept was to throw light at different angles and experiment., so crystal or glass are worth trying. In the picture he has it was a normal glass with red wine in it, balanced on my friends stomach in front of the web :laugh:

(I have weird friends >:-))
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Cindy on September 18, 2015, 04:35:12 AM
I have a pic I wanted comment on but it is defeating photo bucket. I have three laser beams (different wavelengths) being focussed through three lenses until they become unified.

Sadly it is defeating the system

Well there are other photo hosters... this pic sounds really interesting.

And you wanted to show a picture of you in your garden... where your neighbours were visiting  :)
  •  

Cindy

Gorgeous pics Laura. I particularly like the middle and bottom ones. Very moody and interesting!

I love mist pics, and the rain over the tree and the setting is wonderful.

I just took this. I got home and my vase of Borronia had a flower dangling by a tiny spider web.

I quickly (!!!!!!) got my macro attached. I used the flash to get colour into it.

By the time I took the pic the flower was gone. So I call it Death Fall.

•  

barbie

Underwater photos taken near an island of my hometown:

The temperature of the sea water is higher than the air temperature.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Cindy

Barbie,

I forgot to say (sorry) I loved the boat pic. It did show life, and that people who loved each over was also obvious.

Underwater pics are a nightmare!!!

But yours are good, how did you light them?
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Cindy on September 24, 2015, 03:54:50 AM
Barbie,

I forgot to say (sorry) I loved the boat pic. It did show life, and that people who loved each over was also obvious.

Underwater pics are a nightmare!!!

But yours are good, how did you light them?

Cindy, Thanks!

My friends have a nice underwater light. In addition, the water quality was excellent on the day.

Just 1 hour ago, I went to the beach to bath in the sea water to kill some unidentified mycete or fungus in my buttocks.
Lights are also used to attract fishes/squids in those fishing vessels.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Samantha C

Laura, love the center shot the mist hanging in the air.  I tried for a shot like that for a while but the temp and humidity is only good for that in October so hard to get here, very nice work.

Cindy,  I don't think I could do the wine glass the way your friend did, all my friends would start laughing or move and there'd be a lot of spilled wine and broken glass.

Barbie, Really great underwater soooo clear awesome...

I was thinking about those beautiful fish and that bird in the Bottle Brush tree and thought I'd share some wildlife characters that happened to cross my lens

Osprey, just caught a fish out of the Madison river in Montana my tree isn't as nice though.... Was a 70-200 a 2x doubler and D3s

Doe Elk February in Yellowstone Nat Park,  you have to click for the larger version but those big dark eyes of her's have this peace in them that just reaches in and calms my soul think was 800mm D3s

A friend of mine who loves butterflies asked me to get her a picture of one and I don't know if it's just me but it seems whenever I get a special request that species suddenly becomes extinct.  It took a week before this little Orange one showed up for me.  The final shot was cropped to just the flowers and butterfly couldn't find that file.

•  

Laura_7

barbie really fascinating pics...
especially the orange fish with transluscent skin... really nice :)

Samantha C great pics all three :)

Cindy all your pics are marvellous  :)

•  

Matthew

My garden has been full of scaries today so I've been trying to get some close ups. Wish I had a macro lens, but all in good time lol.

•  

Laura_7

Matt your pics ar great but would you not prefer some more... inspiring motives ?

Some jolly birds... a nice beautiful inviting scene...  ?  :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Samantha C on September 24, 2015, 12:30:34 PM

Doe Elk February in Yellowstone Nat Park,  you have to click for the larger version but those big dark eyes of her's have this peace in them that just reaches in and calms my soul think was 800mm D3s

Here in my home town there are only deer. I try to take photos of them, but they run away within a minute. Even with a telescope, I guess you probably had to wait or was lucky to take the photo of elk.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Matthew on September 24, 2015, 03:57:33 PM
My garden has been full of scaries today so I've been trying to get some close ups. Wish I had a macro lens, but all in good time lol.

Yes. It is a good news. Here we also have diverse insects. I am going to a riverside where there are many fireflies with my daughter tonight. Hopefully I can take some photos of them, but it should be very tricky. I have a very cheap Canon EOS camera (550D).

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: Laura_7 on September 24, 2015, 04:15:55 PM
Matt your pics ar great but would you not prefer some more... inspiring motives ?

Some jolly birds... a nice beautiful inviting scene...  ?  :)

Alas the area I like in isn't easy to find beauty. We have crows and pigeons, sometime you might see a dove but that's pretty rare. My city is also pretty poor and has been rnaked the worst city to live in in the UK :P I hath been presented with a challenge.

If I had the time I'd travel to get shots, although tomorrow I'm being paid to photograph a dog's tea party at a cafe in a nearby town - I'm sure they'll be cheerful! ^_^
  •  

Samantha C

Matt, love that orange spider great contrast on the black pole. 
A Dog tea party ok what is that?  I guess if it's a paying gig it doesn't matter  :)

Barbie, I have gotten most of my wildlife shots by finding their trails to water and waiting across the water.  If you're on the other side of the pond stream or river they don't seem to spook and run.  That's how I was able to get the doe shot she just looked up at me and went back to eating grass under the snow.  Deer, and elk are usually crepuscular that is they will go to drink at sunrise and twilight.  Sometimes they will go in the middle of the day if they're looking for food but most often not.

Another photographer and I were talking at a gig and the subject of what is beautiful came up.  When your taking pictures someone's paying you to take but really not what you're interested in these topics come up.  So what is beautiful can be found in the strangest places.  Here is one example.
I was in the downtown area of the city feeding the homeless a man was sitting on the ground in filthy clothes head hanging down...this lost soul, but there is this teenage girl who came with a group to serve bending over and handing this broken soul a plate of food and a cup of juice.  The image of that girl helping that man is one of the most beautiful things I ever photographed. To me it's a perfect image of what love is.  Out of respect for the man I'm not going to post it.
Two people holding hands......so many things.....
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: Samantha C on September 25, 2015, 09:37:09 AM
A Dog tea party ok what is that?  I guess if it's a paying gig it doesn't matter  :)

A cafe is (I'm making a guess here) doing handmade dog treats, snacks, and drinks ect.

I'm hoping for cute doggies in cute outfits - we shall soon see!
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Matthew on September 25, 2015, 03:34:55 PM
A cafe is (I'm making a guess here) doing handmade dog treats, snacks, and drinks ect.

I'm hoping for cute doggies in cute outfits - we shall soon see!

Keep us posted  :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Samantha C on September 25, 2015, 09:37:09 AM
Another photographer and I were talking at a gig and the subject of what is beautiful came up.  When your taking pictures someone's paying you to take but really not what you're interested in these topics come up.  So what is beautiful can be found in the strangest places.  Here is one example.
I was in the downtown area of the city feeding the homeless a man was sitting on the ground in filthy clothes head hanging down...this lost soul, but there is this teenage girl who came with a group to serve bending over and handing this broken soul a plate of food and a cup of juice.  The image of that girl helping that man is one of the most beautiful things I ever photographed. To me it's a perfect image of what love is.  Out of respect for the man I'm not going to post it.
Two people holding hands......so many things.....

Yes. Samatha,

I remember a similar photo a few years ago. Probably, as I remember, a policeman is giving some food to a man in the street.

As I am not a professional photographer, I do not care about the focus or the topic of a photo.

Interestingly, 2 days ago in the beach, a strange photographer approached me and tried to ask me of something. He carried a big camera, but I did not reply to him, just returning to the water. It is very rare that a man approaches a woman in bikini here. Fortunately I have a few friends who are professional photographers, but their arenas are landscape photos or others, not good at taking photos of people or me. Still their portrait snap photos are far better than me or other amateur photographers.

Yesterday night, I failed to take photos of fireflies. There were too few fireflies, and it was very tricky to catch within the lense of camera. And people there did not let me turn on any kind of light, including the smartphone screen, fearing all fireflies will run away. Probably next summer (July or August), I may be able to take photos of them. Fortunately, my little daughter could see fireflies for the first time after birth.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Samantha C

Barbie
QuoteYesterday night, I failed to take photos of fireflies. There were too few fireflies, and it was very tricky to catch within the lense of camera.

I'll bet that was magical sharing the fire flies with your daughter. I do not think many people can get a good picture of fire flies, I have some idea's on how to set up for the shot let me know if your going to try again and I'll see if I can help give you the correct settings for your camera type and lens.
We don't have fire flies where I live, we had them where I grew up as children we would catch 20 or 30 and put them in a glass jar with holes in the lid and put them in our room at night for a few hours then we would let them go free again. 
They are incredible to watch.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Samantha C on September 25, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
Barbie
I'll bet that was magical sharing the fire flies with your daughter. I do not think many people can get a good picture of fire flies, I have some idea's on how to set up for the shot let me know if your going to try again and I'll see if I can help give you the correct settings for your camera type and lens.

You could try to have your lens focused on something in a certain distance... half pressing the shutter...
then aperture and distance are fixed if its set that way in the software of the cam...
and press the shutter when one of them is in about the same distance as the object...

making a few photos that way...
and maybe a digital photo program can help with shortcomings... like brightness, or sharpness...
  •