News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Share the photos you have taken

Started by Naeree, September 13, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Quote from: Samantha C on September 25, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
We don't have fire flies where I live, we had them where I grew up as children we would catch 20 or 30 and put them in a glass jar with holes in the lid and put them in our room at night for a few hours then we would let them go free again. 
They are incredible to watch.

It is the same here. When I was child, I could see fireflies everywhere, but nowadays only in small pristine areas where there has been virtually no development. Now, being able to see fireflies is a kind of bless, as it represents higher air quality and unpolluted environment.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Naeree

Couple of night ago, I just walk out in town with camera hanging on my neck. And here is what I got for the night shoot.

and this one I do small set up on my glass table and using light from my phone

ClaudiaLove

Quote from: Naeree on September 26, 2015, 02:15:31 AM
Couple of night ago, I just walk out in town with camera hanging on my neck. And here is what I got for the night shoot.

Wow , you are really good . I like so much your artistic style :)

•  

barbie

Quote from: Naeree on September 26, 2015, 02:15:31 AM

Oh. Nice night shots.
BTW, where do you live? Thailand?

Yesterday I saw a strange insect in my apartment. I am identifying this creature.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Naeree

Quote from: barbie on September 26, 2015, 10:20:55 PM
Oh. Nice night shots.
BTW, where do you live? Thailand?

Yesterday I saw a strange insect in my apartment. I am identifying this creature.

barbie~~

it look like a grasshopper  ;D but not exactly, nice.

I live in Bangkok. They call the city of Angel.

Cindy

Naeree,

Wonderful pics. I love the shrine, you caught the spiritual feel so well.

The light globe is a classic - Matt take heart, there are incredible images to catch everywhere, we just have to keep our eyes open!

Barbie, I think that is a Leaf Insect.

Oh and I love Bangkok and the lovely people there, I was in Bangkok for the WPATH conference a few years back. It has a special place in my heart.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Naeree on September 26, 2015, 11:53:13 PM
it look like a grasshopper  ;D but not exactly, nice.

I live in Bangkok. They call the city of Angel.

I guess it is a kind of exotic species, probably from China by global warming.

A few years ago, I had a chance to visit Bangkok, but I gave it up because of too tight schedules of travel abroad. Probably I will visit there soon!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Matthew

Doggy tea party:

Some street photography:

•  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

Naeree

Cindy

•  

Naeree

Matthew

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Matthew on September 30, 2015, 08:43:57 AM
Again, gorgeous photography Cindy :)

No it may be impressive but it isn't good. The thing I have about macro lenses is focus, it is extremely hard. Most of that pic is not in the focus i want - yes I want some blur, but I feel I have way too much blur. I like the texture but that is post photo manipulation.

I would like critique and advice.

What is bad about the pic and what may be good? I'm a big girl and I can take criticism.

Slaughter the pic!

Teach the photographer!
  •  

estropunk

Sorry for the dumb tech question here, but how do you go about inserting images as you are? Do you put a link with the image location between the HTML "img" things? Or what?
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: estropunk on September 30, 2015, 10:26:35 AM

Sorry for the dumb tech question here, but how do you go about inserting images as you are? Do you put a link with the image location between the HTML "img" things? Or what?

Use []'s instead of ()'s but:

(img)insert image url here(/img)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: estropunk on September 30, 2015, 10:26:35 AM

For example,

[img]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg499/8295/floweret.jpg[/img]

BTW, Cindy, your blurred photo look like a painting. Yes, sometimes a tripod is unavailable, making it difficult to focus in macro mode.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

estropunk

Thanks!

I don't consider myself particularly talented or technically skilled with photography, but I do really enjoy it. Self-portraits were a really big part of how I took ownership of and celebrated my new image when I transitioned, and ever since, I'll occasionally get an idea for a series and run with it.

Like, I decided to do a shoot juxtaposing a nice fancy gown I found at a thrift store (very lucky find :) ) with an abandoned coal plant that I'd explored a few months before. Here's a few shots from that:

Another idea I had once was to do a shoot with my motorcycle that resembled the way people often get pictures taken with their horses, nuzzling up to them and so forth. Here's a few of those:

And more recently, I got really into a book-length poem by Mark Z. Danielewski called Only Revolutions, which is all about a long road trip taken by two teenagers with lots of neat lines about nature and landscapes and travel and things, and so I decided to take some shots in different areas and print lines of his poetry on the images and then add some borders and play with the colors and lighting a little. Here are a few of those:

It's all amateur stuff of course, but it's something I enjoy a lot. Hope you like :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: estropunk on September 30, 2015, 03:07:37 PM
Thanks!

I don't consider myself particularly talented or technically skilled with photography, but I do really enjoy it. Self-portraits were a really big part of how I took ownership of and celebrated my new image when I transitioned, and ever since, I'll occasionally get an idea for a series and run with it.

Like, I decided to do a shoot juxtaposing a nice fancy gown I found at a thrift store (very lucky find :) ) with an abandoned coal plant that I'd explored a few months before. Here's a few shots from that:

Another idea I had once was to do a shoot with my motorcycle that resembled the way people often get pictures taken with their horses, nuzzling up to them and so forth. Here's a few of those:

And more recently, I got really into a book-length poem by Mark Z. Danielewski called Only Revolutions, which is all about a long road trip taken by two teenagers with lots of neat lines about nature and landscapes and travel and things, and so I decided to take some shots in different areas and print lines of his poetry on the images and then add some borders and play with the colors and lighting a little. Here are a few of those:

It's all amateur stuff of course, but it's something I enjoy a lot. Hope you like :)

They look professional!
Yes. You have a photo-friendly environment. Enjoy there.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

estropunk

Thank you! :D

And yeah, I love finding cool spots to take pictures :)
  •