Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Share the photos you have taken

Started by Naeree, September 13, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naeree

Quote from: estropunk on September 30, 2015, 03:07:37 PM
Thanks!

I don't consider myself particularly talented or technically skilled with photography, but I do really enjoy it. Self-portraits were a really big part of how I took ownership of and celebrated my new image when I transitioned, and ever since, I'll occasionally get an idea for a series and run with it.

Like, I decided to do a shoot juxtaposing a nice fancy gown I found at a thrift store (very lucky find :) ) with an abandoned coal plant that I'd explored a few months before. Here's a few shots from that:

Another idea I had once was to do a shoot with my motorcycle that resembled the way people often get pictures taken with their horses, nuzzling up to them and so forth. Here's a few of those:

And more recently, I got really into a book-length poem by Mark Z. Danielewski called Only Revolutions, which is all about a long road trip taken by two teenagers with lots of neat lines about nature and landscapes and travel and things, and so I decided to take some shots in different areas and print lines of his poetry on the images and then add some borders and play with the colors and lighting a little. Here are a few of those:

It's all amateur stuff of course, but it's something I enjoy a lot. Hope you like :)

The Red dress in the abandon factory is really nice shooting idea

estropunk

Thank you :) That was a really fun day. I was especially proud that I managed to traipse around an abandoned factory for hours wearing a fancy gown and managed to not dirty or damage the gown at all. That took effort and a lot of walking like this, lol:

And a lot of hopping from large object to large object to stand up out of the debris so I could let the dress fall without the bottom hem dragging in junk, like this:

But it worked! lol
  •  

Naeree

Quote from: estropunk on October 01, 2015, 07:43:12 AM
Thank you :) That was a really fun day. I was especially proud that I managed to traipse around an abandoned factory for hours wearing a fancy gown and managed to not dirty or damage the gown at all. That took effort and a lot of walking like this, lol:

And a lot of hopping from large object to large object to stand up out of the debris so I could let the dress fall without the bottom hem dragging in junk, like this:

But it worked! lol

Did you do the shoot and dress up all by yourself?

I shoot portrait sometime too, I will be great to shoot the model that willing to wear a fancy gown and pose in this kind of location.

barbie

I live in an island, and there are also several smaller islands.

One is literally called 'tiger island'. And it is a female, as it has a baby tiger.

Just snapshots on the boat.

There are two eyes, an anus, a belly button, two nostrils, and etc.

Behind me is the baby island.

Coordinate: 33°12'56.68"N 126°31'02.50"E

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Samantha C

barbie
QuoteI live in an island, and there are also several smaller islands.
That is very cool is there a ferry out there I need to put that on my list of places I need to take some pictures of... very nice.. I used to go out to an island on a lake we called blueberry island and stay out there all day, it was great no one around just peace...

Hugs  :)
  •  

Matthew

•  

barbie

Quote from: Samantha C on October 02, 2015, 04:23:54 PM
barbieThat is very cool is there a ferry out there I need to put that on my list of places I need to take some pictures of... very nice.. I used to go out to an island on a lake we called blueberry island and stay out there all day, it was great no one around just peace...

Hugs  :)

Yes. We have both seas and mountains. There are many parks and museums here. Today I visited a 'stone park' near my home with my wife.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

estropunk

Quote from: Naeree on October 01, 2015, 11:17:23 PM
Did you do the shoot and dress up all by yourself?

I shoot portrait sometime too, I will be great to shoot the model that willing to wear a fancy gown and pose in this kind of location.

I take an assistant with me to hold the camera. I find angles and take care of settings, tell them how to position, etc., then I position myself into the shot. This time, it was my sister.

And Barbie, your stuff is fabulous.
  •  

Naeree

Been away for a while, here is my practice model. Orange Cat collection ^__^

PS: his don't really smile to the camera, but he is a really funny cat ^___^

Laura_7

Great photos.
I especially like the first one.

You might turn the flash down a bit.
This way its far less surprising.

Give her a pet from me please  :)
  •  

Jessie Ann

I really like taking wild animial pictures.  Here are a few of mine.

Osprey in the Flordia Everglades

Grizzly Bear in Yellowstone National Park

Bufflo in Yellowstone

Whales in Cabo San Lucas Mexico

•  

Naeree

Quote from: Laura_7 on October 06, 2015, 03:12:22 PM
Great photos.
I especially like the first one.

You might turn the flash down a bit.
This way its far less surprising.

Give her a pet from me please  :)

hehe he get alot of treat for being my model  ;D

Quote from: Jessie Ann on October 06, 2015, 04:29:18 PM
I really like taking wild animial pictures.  Here are a few of mine.

Osprey in the Flordia Everglades

Grizzly Bear in Yellowstone National Park

Bufflo in Yellowstone

Whales in Cabo San Lucas Mexico

Wow, you must be travel a lot, great capture of wild animal, it's not easy to do that.

Cindy

Jessie Ann, lovely wildlife, I hope you were using a telephoto for the bear! It looks hungry !
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Naeree on October 06, 2015, 12:00:48 PM
Been away for a while, here is my practice model. Orange Cat collection ^__^

PS: his don't really smile to the camera, but he is a really funny cat ^___^

Yes. Nice photos!

I used to rear cats when I was kid and teenager, but I had to bury more than 5 cats thereafter. For the first cat I buried, I cried a lot. Nowadays I do not rear any pet, but my little daughter is eager to have one at home, but apartments do not allow it. I am still afraid of rearing any pet.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: barbie on October 08, 2015, 12:24:22 PM
Yes. Nice photos!

I used to rear cats when I was kid and teenager, but I had to bury more than 5 cats thereafter. For the first cat I buried, I cried a lot. Nowadays I do not rear any pet, but my little daughter is eager to have one at home, but apartments do not allow it. I am still afraid of rearing any pet.

barbie~~

Don't be... think of the nice times they had with you.
Its positive for them... you look after them and they can have a good time.

They simply have a different time span.
And every one of them is different... they all have kind of different personlities so every one of them is like a new character...
  •  

Matthew

Sat under a tree eating my lunch today in a pile of leaves, felt autumn-y. Loved it. :)

•  

Samantha C

JessieAnn, love the wild life shots, it's amazing how much time and effort can go into getting just that one shot just the way you want and other times the shot just walks in front of us.

Very nice  :)
  •  

Naeree

Quote from: Matthew on October 08, 2015, 01:33:44 PM
Sat under a tree eating my lunch today in a pile of leaves, felt autumn-y. Loved it. :)

It is a very relax picture to look at, seem like a nice day.

Here in Bangkok had been raining in the past week.

Matthew

Thanks Naeree - it was a gorgeous day.

Finally got my own set of gear today (canon 700d , 50mm lens , 75-300mm lens and 18-55mm lens).

Here's a shot with the 50mm lens, will update more pics when I've got shots with the others

Edit: Shots at Hull Fair with the 75-300mm

•  

treeLB

Fun section! I just found that there is a photography section on susans. Some good stuff. I will add some too when I get a free bit of time.

•