Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Share the photos you have taken

Started by Naeree, September 13, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie Ann

Thanks Naree.  I don't get to travel as much as I would like.  I have a whole bunch of lousy shots too.

Quote from: Naeree on October 07, 2015, 03:41:50 AM

Wow, you must be travel a lot, great capture of wild animal, it's not easy to do that.

Thanks Cindy.  Yes I have a very large Sigma telephoto lens.  I have been using Pentax cameras since the 70's and continue to use them in the digital age.  I just upgraded my camera earlier this year.

Quote from: Cindy on October 07, 2015, 04:15:02 AM
Jessie Ann, lovely wildlife, I hope you were using a telephoto for the bear! It looks hungry !

Thanks Samantha!

Quote from: Samantha C on October 08, 2015, 07:11:25 PM
JessieAnn, love the wild life shots, .......Very nice  :)

Here are a few additional shots I've taken over the years....

Start of Lunar Eclipse

Arch Cabo San Lucas

Butterfly and bees in Nebraska

Young Bucks

Fawns

Presidential Helo

Paris

Fire fighting airplane retardant drop

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

Seagull

Yellowstone Moose

Yellowstone Pronghorn

Nebraska sunset

Yellowstone Buffalo

Yellowstone River Waterfall

•  

Devlyn

Nice work, Jessie! Pro tip: Never, ever photograph a seagull from that angle again. You got lucky....  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessie Ann

It's all in the angles ;)

Reminds me of my graduation from basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo in 1985.  I was the Platoon Guide and I had just got my guys outside to formation so that we could march to the graduation.  Just as we were about to head out a pigeon flew over the top of me and left me a present right on the shoulder of my Class A's.  I had to run back inside and had about 30 seconds to clean up. 

Ever since then I try to keep a pretty close watch on them there flying birds. ;) 

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on October 15, 2015, 07:56:29 PM
Nice work, Jessie! Pro tip: Never, ever photograph a seagull from that angle again. You got lucky....  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Matthew

•  

Joelene9

I had my own darkroom since 1968. The enlarger and the wet stuff has been replaced with my old desktop attached to a photo scanner. I do run the gamut of photography from scenic, panoramas, people to astrophotos. Here's a Grand Canyon.

•  

barbie

In the early morning of today, I tried to take photos of sky stars unsuccessfully, because of clouds. Anyway, I took a photo of the Orion

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Cindy

Devlyn  Marie sent me a beautiful necklace and some polished coloured glass.

I'm enjoying both!

And I'm hating this new OSX!!!!!

•  

Devlyn

I'm Devlyn Marie, and I approve of the above message!  :laugh:
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Cindy on November 17, 2015, 01:48:07 AM

Oh. Wonderful colors. Cindy, BTW, what is OSX? Just curious.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

michelle

I really don't know how to add pictures here.   I tried dragging a picture and copy and pasting and they did not work.   Would someone tell me how to put images on this page.
Be true to yourself.  The future will reveal itself in its own due time.    Find the calm at the heart of the storm.    I own my womanhood.

I am a 69-year-old transsexual school teacher grandma & lady.   Ethnically I am half Irish  and half Scandinavian.   I can be a real bitch or quite loving and caring.  I have never taken any hormones or had surgery, I am out 24/7/365.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: michelle on November 17, 2015, 03:35:15 PM
I really don't know how to add pictures here.   I tried dragging a picture and copy and pasting and they did not work.   Would someone tell me how to put images on this page.

You need to use an image hosting site, they're free and easy to set up. I use photobucket, they give you a link to your pictures which already has the image tags attached. (or you can get a set of them by clicking the tiny Mona Lisa button and inserting your link in between them. The code should look like this, I added the asterisks to make it non-functional.

[IMG***]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y537/DevlynMarie/20150215_135502_zpse4ee09a4.jpg[/img]

Take out the asterisks and it displays like this. Isn't he gorgeous?  :)

If you can't get it figured out, message me. You can also post pictures in our Gallery without the hosting site, you can even add pictures there straight off your phone.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: barbie on November 17, 2015, 03:12:48 PM
Quote from: Cindy on November 17, 2015, 01:48:07 AM

Oh. Wonderful colors. Cindy, BTW, what is OSX? Just curious.

barbie~~

The new El Captain OSX operating system for Macs. It has a few bugs - to say the least!
  •  

Cindy

Hi Michelle,

I use Photobucket. You can open a free account with them. Some advice. Tick the boxes to make your account private, so only you can see it. You select from your photos which you want to download to photobucket. It the transfers them.

To post select your photo and next to it will be a series of boxes, select copy image (I think it is the last box). Go to your account and the thread and just paste into the thread. Your pic is then then there.

You can always delete your pics, either by deleting the image in the thread, or removing it from Photobucket.

When you save pics into any third party software the information on that pic, time place etc transfers with it. You can strip that out to maintain privacy. I don't bother but some people feel it intrudes upon their privacy.

Love to see your pics!!!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 17, 2015, 05:13:05 PM

You need to use an image hosting site, they're free and easy to set up. I use photobucket, they give you a link to your pictures which already has the image tags attached. (or you can get a set of them by clicking the tiny Mona Lisa button and inserting your link in between them. The code should look like this, I added the asterisks to make it non-functional.

[IMG***]http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y537/DevlynMarie/20150215_135502_zpse4ee09a4.jpg[/img]

Take out the asterisks and it displays like this. Isn't he gorgeous?  :)

If you can't get it figured out, message me. You can also post pictures in our Gallery without the hosting site, you can even add pictures there straight off your phone.

Hugs, Devlyn

Lovely; damn I miss my dogs so much. Bonnie was a long hair collie who was mistress of the sofa. I sat on the floor ::)

I rescued her from an abusive family, she was terrified and so nervous. But it didn't take long for her to realise she was safe. Then she took over!

•  

barbie

Smartphone photos on Saturday.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

As the rain and snow stops, I visited again.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

kaitylynn

This is one that I took a few years ago.  Full moon at about 11pm.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Naeree

Quote from: kaitylynn on November 27, 2015, 10:32:29 PM

Nice contract, like the picture. I feel like I'm turning to wolf ^__^

Quote from: barbie on November 27, 2015, 09:48:41 PM
As the rain and snow stops, I visited again.

barbie~~

It's really artistic doing that, you have a nice long leg though.  ;)

barbie

Quote from: kaitylynn on November 27, 2015, 10:32:29 PM

Yes. I also tried to take a photo during the full moon.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Naeree on November 28, 2015, 02:10:46 AM
It's really artistic doing that, you have a nice long leg though.  ;)

Thanks! Disappointingly, my friends do not like that photos.

Just ago I took photos of a roe deer visiting my campus here.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •