Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Being A Black Transsexual Is Hard

Started by Tristyn, October 31, 2015, 03:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristyn

Yeah, so what are you're experiences of being a black transgender person?

For me, I don't think its all bad, realistically. But it sure is challenging.

Simply leaving the comfort of my friggin' room is hard, dawg! I already gotta wild hunch in the back of my slightly hairy neck that my pops is gonna chew me out like Verruca Salt's used up bubble gum, because of a damn haircut. I mean, why? Its just hair. Hair for cryin' out loud! XD

But I vowed to myself earlier yesterday, time and time again, that once I finally get the guts to emerge from the safety of my safety zone(which, in this case, would be my room) for today, like a scaredy cat, I won't argue back with my pops so I will not give him any type of leverage to bully me non-stop. I mean, he will say something to try to enable my anger but I do not have to allow myself to become that way. No one else can make me angry, except me.

You to have the power over your emotions, feelings, thoughts, and actions. But Imma still stand up for myself by simply continuing to be who I am anyhow, no matter what the circumstances are in that or any other given moment.

Stay strong, guys! =)

Peace and love.

~Nixy~
  •  

warmbody28

it can be challenging and dangerous  at times. I have had some close calls in the community and as a result certain types of people i will try to avoid. if i run into thug life people or aggressive nature people in our community i avoid them. but other than that if they have a issue with me they avoid me. family gave me a hard time till i came out and lots still use male pronouns but they do at least try to be nice and tolerate me which is good ;D
  •  

SiobhánF

I know this is an old thread, but here is what I've learned:

You can't control your emotions. They're part of your subconscious and cannot be willed into your consciousness without provocation. But, only you have control over your actions. You can lead your thoughts to feel a certain way, but your emotions are still present. The difference between emotion and feelings is that of your thoughts and what you focus on. That is, your feelings are your brain's interpretation of your emotions. The important thing is to remain mindful of your feelings and decide what to do/say from there. It's not easy, but becomes easier through practice, of which I can see you get plenty. I hope you've been able to escape your cocoon and show how strong and powerful you truly are in every moment. ;)
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

MrsSmith

Quote from: Tristyn on October 31, 2015, 03:41:05 AM
Yeah, so what are you're experiences of being a black transgender person?

Simply leaving the comfort of my friggin' room is hard, dawg! I already gotta wild hunch in the back of my slightly hairy neck that my pops is gonna chew me out like Verruca Salt's used up bubble gum, because of a damn haircut. I mean, why? Its just hair. Hair for cryin' out loud! XD

Well, I'm white as a piece of bleached cotton but I can relate. I didnt hardly come out of my room for months. I eventually had to just get out of my dad's place and go live my life. I have hardly any stress at all now, and I feel like I can actually leave my house as the woman i am, and I dont catch any >-bleeped-< from anyone. Be strong until it works out for you. PM me if you need someone to talk to.
XOXO
Lindsey
Free thinker, badass, 2nd amendment supporter, musician, mechanic, Jesus loving, Trump Supporting, Patriotic woman
  •