Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

El Captain OSX 11.1 issues

Started by Cindy, November 15, 2015, 12:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Before you download the latest Mac OP system be aware iPhoto is not compatible with it so you cannot download from your camera.

I am seriously annoyed.

If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I'm stuck until an iPhoto upgrade is available.
  •  

Dena

If you have an external drive, you can build OSX 10 on it then boot off it when you need the functions it offers I used to do that to test out an upgrade before committing to it. The early release of OSX burned me a few times so I had dual operating systems available just in case. The other option is to make a disk image backup before loading the new OS and segregating new files so you can shift them to the other system if needed. I have enough hardware laying around that can no longer be upgraded that I can always pull out an older system to do the job.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Cindy

Thanks Hon,

I'm doing a rebuild on an external. I have a back lap top as well. I made the mistake of trusting Apple. I never have trusted Microsoft and never accepted upgrades until they were well tested.
  •  

Dena

Fixes to the OS are pretty safe. New versions of the OS are another story. They used to be better before Steve Jobs passed away but it appears their quality control has slipped a little. I made the mistake of accepting an upgrade to my iPhone and I still can't send email or files by texting.

I move files between systems all the time because I run a tower and couple of laptops. The tower is my "standard" system and the laptops slave to it. For small stuff, WIFI works well. If I have to move massive amounts of data, I cable up the internet and move stuff that way.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Gertrude

Why not use Photos? It seems that all my stuff got imported there. I haven't lost anything I know of. That said, I liked 10.8 best. I've been using Mac's since system 5.  If you want a trip, try running sheep shaver with OS 9.  :) those were the days.

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
  •  

Gertrude

Oh yeah. You can run older versions of the OS virtually.

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Cindy on November 15, 2015, 12:56:18 AM
Before you download the latest Mac OP system be aware iPhoto is not compatible with it so you cannot download from your camera.

I am seriously annoyed.

If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I'm stuck until an iPhoto upgrade is available.

This:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7262795?start=15&tstart=0

and this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7262795?start=0&tstart=0

might help...

hugs
  •  

Cindy

Thanks Laura I'll give the second idea a go.
  •