Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie Ann

Very interesting.  I bet your glad that they got those implants out.  Have you heard back about what that lump at the back of the sinus plate was?  I'm guessing that based on your earlier comments and scans it was some type of filler.

Quote from: Paula1 on April 26, 2016, 02:48:44 PM
A'wwwwwwww thank you Jessie ....   ;D

Did you enjoy the surgery shots that they took ...  ;)

Hugs

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Hi Jessie,

I haven't heard back from FT but will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Yep those PEEK implants were a crazy idea, simply disfiguring as well as totally unnecessary and painful to the touch !!!

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Jessie Ann on April 26, 2016, 03:06:56 PM
Very interesting.  I bet your glad that they got those implants out.  Have you heard back about what that lump at the back of the sinus plate was?  I'm guessing that based on your earlier comments and scans it was some type of filler.
  •  

Paula1

Sorry everyone but I will post Part 2 tomorrow now as I am going to get an even earlier night this evening as I felt so much better today after last night's excellent rest.

Bye for now

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Paula1 on April 26, 2016, 02:47:01 PM
Suddenly realised that I have not yet told you about my experiences upon arrival in Spain.

When I arrived at Malaga on Thursday March 31st, I quickly went thru customs and immigration and collected my checked luggage from the carousel where Facial Team's driver was waiting for me with my name on his board. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Part 2 a little later ....  :)
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Paula1 on April 26, 2016, 12:39:36 PM
Anyway I have sent one member my " In surgery fotos " which, of course, are explicit but if anyone else wants to see them please ask here or pm me, and I will send them.

Did you send only to one member? So am I The One? :)

The pics are pretty explicit and awesome to look at. You look wonderful in the after pics even only 8 days after surgery!
  •  

Paula1

Good Morning,

Love your username "Strawberries with Cream", one of my favourite deserts.

Jessie Ann has also seen the inside of my forehead so you are the only two so far to see what it looks like inside Paula 1 .... LOL ...  ;D

What I find incredible is that just 3 weeks ago today, I was lying flat on my back having a rest with lots of people devoting their skills and attention to me.

All a bit surreal really.

Now it's all down to me and follow their post-operative instructions to the letter and heal. That's the part that takes time, of course.

Thank you for the comment on how I looked just 8 days after surgery <hugs>

I assume that you live in Spain from your spanish username?

Have a great day ...  :)

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on April 27, 2016, 12:56:59 AM
Did you send only to one member? So am I The One? :)

The pics are pretty explicit and awesome to look at. You look wonderful in the after pics even only 8 days after surgery!
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Paula1 on April 27, 2016, 04:27:42 AM
Love your username "Strawberries with Cream", one of my favourite deserts.

"Nata" is one of the ways to abbreviate my name Natalia ;) (or Natalie for you english speakers).

Quote from: Paula1 on April 27, 2016, 04:27:42 AM
I assume that you live in Spain from your spanish username?

I'm currently divided between Spain and UK (for work reasons) but yeah my primary place is in Spain. That's one of the reasons I'm paying special attention to this thread.
  •  

Paula1

Hi Natalia,

Nice name, my flatmate's grand daughter is called Natalie ...  :)

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on April 27, 2016, 06:33:18 AM
"Nata" is one of the ways to abbreviate my name Natalia ;) (or Natalie for you english speakers).

I'm currently divided between Spain and UK (for work reasons) but yeah my primary place is in Spain. That's one of the reasons I'm paying special attention to this thread.

Kewl ...  8) ... In due course, I am going to look into getting a small apartment in Marbella as I really have fallen in love with the place, the people, the weather and, of course, Facial Team ...  ;)

Hugs

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Good Evening members,

Here is Part 2.

Before I tell you about the day before my surgery, I have never known such attention to detail that Facial Team provides to their patients.

Right from the beginning of my dealings with them in London - February 2015, the sheer professionalism I have found quite outstanding.

In fact it has made my dealings with all the transition surgeons that I have been to since 1989 to 2014 look rather poor by comparison.

The hospital where the surgery takes place - HC Hospital in Marbella - has made the NHS hospitals that I have attended these past years for non transition surgery look almost third world.

When I had my forehead revision surgery at London's Chelsea & Westminster Hospital in 2014, the care was fairly good although I was sirred by a nurse twice as I was in the section where there was one small ward with men in it and next door to it, a section with women in it, where I was.

I hardly look like a guy and have not been sirred since 1989 when I transitioned so I was furious and complained bitterly to the ward's sister who apologised profusely. I nearly walked out of the place a day early because of this. To this day I think that the nurse who insulted me was prejudiced against people like us and enjoyed what she said.

Here is a foto of me in 2003 before any facial surgery.

Some of my friends after my original 2004 facial surgery said "What have you done to your face and nose " ( some of these friends back then had no idea about my background). However my forehead needed to be sorted as I hid it with bangs, but the rest was fine except a nose that needed an alarplasty and minor rehaping due to a deviated septum.

My face did change as a result of the original surgery and although I still looked feminine, I felt that I lost some of my face's original character.

When I discussed my FFS with FT, I wanted my nose to return to how it was before 2004, and it has to a great extent thanks to Dr Bellinga's excellent surgery.

Anyway sorry to digress but back to the day before surgery for my pre-op tests and final consultations with the three surgeons who were going to work on me the following day - Dr Simon & Dr Capitan (forehead) and Dr Bellinga (nose and upper lip lift).

FT provide every patient before leaving home by e-mail a Patient Schedule from the day of arrival to the day the person goes home so everyone knows what is going on. My patient co-ordinator Laura was looking after me and she did a great job although at times I must have frustrated her because I can get grumpy at times.

Sorry Laura, it's my senior moments ...  ;) ;)

Having fasted since the night before, the same nice driver from the airport picked me up at 8.45am from Carolina Park where I was staying with my friend for the 15 minute drive to the hospital where Laura was waiting for me at 9.00am. My foto with her is back earlier in this thread and you can see happy I was. From that moment on I relaxed into the whole business and let them take me over like going down a production line. It was wonderful to be able to do this knowing that I was now in their safe and caring hands.

I was then taken into the section by one of the hospital's staff to have an anti coagulant injection in my tummy.

Then in the next room they carried out a scan of my chest as well as a cardiogram on my heart.

I might have left something out but don't think so. My excuse is that it's over 3 weeks since that day.

Anyway at 9.30 am, Laura rejoined me and took me over to see the good doctors and for the next 60 minutes, we went over the surgery that I was going to have.

Dr Bellinga told me what he was going to do with regards my nose by rebuilding it to a decent size for my face by taking cartilage from my two ears. I said "Would I land up with Prince Charles ears" ( they stick out rather a lot ) and he laughed but said that they will be even tighter to my head than before, so that was good to know.

He said that he would lift my top lip by up to 8mm !!! Wow

Drs Capitan and Simon then went over my forehead procedure, told me that they would remove the pointless and disfiguring PEEK implants, work on the centre of my forehead as per this video. http://facialteam.eu/#499-procedures-techniques-ffs-in-3d-videos, reshape and open up my orbital rims that were never worked on before and alter the transition from my forehead to my nose that again was never worked on previously.

They also said that they would make a fresh coronal incision towards the rear of my scalp in the area where my hair is the thickest, a clever decision because my hair is a little thin in the centre and it would have been a disaster waiting to happen hair loss wise if they were to use the existing coronal incision from 2004 and in 2014. They also showed me the 3D model from my May 2015 CT Scan done when I was in Marbella last year.

I then signed all the consent forms and Laura gave me again ( she sent them to me back in the UK earlier) all the information sheets on the forehead, rhinoplasty and upper lip lift procedures. They tell the patient exactly what to do before and after surgery.

I think that's about all, bade farewell to the doctors and I said " See you all tomorrow and don't go to bed too late ", we all laughed and then Laura took me back to the main hospital at around 11.00 am ( FT are in an annexe in the lovely grounds) to wait for the taxi to take me back to my accommodation. However I decided on a change of plan with regards "Jenny's Nest" where I was due to stay from the Friday for seven days. So instead of going there on the Friday after surgery from the hospital with all my cases, Jenny, Laura and I thought it much better if I went back to the apartment to pick up my cases which were already packed with my remaining food as originally I was going to the hospital from there the next day. The food would have been wasted, of course, as there is nowhere to store food in the hospital naturally. A much better plan so a quick drive back to the apartment where I said goodbye to my friend until the Thursday when she popped in to see me after my operation and the taxi then took me to "Jenny's Nest". So I was able to settle in and then Nicola and Jenny showed me around the wonderful villa that they have. I also went food shopping with Nicola and prepared my supper early bearing in mind the early kick off the following day and, of course, obeying the fasting rules. I thought that I would try the pool because I would not be using it after surgery but after dipping my toes in the still chilly water, I thought," Not such a good idea. " ... Then we all went to Marbella by two taxis with all the new patients and old for a meal in a lovely restaurant. Sadly I could not eat as I had already eaten back at the villa and the food did look awesome ...  :'(  but it was a good way to meet and talk to my new housemates. I could drink water though up to midnight.

Then back to the villa for an early night,

The story continues tomorrow (hopefully) on my big day.

Here's the restaurant we went to in Marbella Old Town.

The food that Jenny ate (she did give me one bit of meat)

The pool and "Jenny's Nest" villa in the background taken when I arrived

and Facial Team's annexe in the grounds at HC Hospital, Marbella taken the day after my surgery from my room.

Quote from: Paula1 on April 26, 2016, 04:05:24 PM
Sorry everyone but I will post Part 2 tomorrow now as I am going to get an even earlier night this evening as I felt so much better today after last night's excellent rest.

Bye for now

Hugs

Paula
  •  

shoko

Your experience mirrors mine, except for one big thing (which I have explained in my thread)

I'm glad you had a such a great time :)
  •  

Paula1

Hi Shoko,

Thank you ..  :)

I am sorry to read about your woes.

I am very happy with their work.

But having had two previous rhinoplasties, I know how long noses take to settle down.

My second one in 2004, took 18 months and this time it may even take longer but I have become very patient with it all now.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: shoko on April 27, 2016, 08:11:58 PM
Your experience mirrors mine, except for one big thing (which I have explained in my thread)

I'm glad you had a such a great time :)
  •  

Paula1

Here is the actual diagrammatic video of the forehead procedure that I had.

http://facialteam.eu/#499-procedures-techniques-ffs-in-3d-videos

My apologies but this link takes you to FT's website and then you will have to scroll down to their 3D video techniques section and select the video called  3D-FOREHEAD COUNTOURING
  •  

Paula1

Hi Jessie Ann,

This morning I received a reply from Doctors Capitan and Simon.

Here is what they said:

Dear Paula, thank you so much for your questions. Here you have the answers:

Picture 10. Bone overgrowth in combination with previous filler material (bone cement?). We just removed it.

Picture 11, 12, 13. The white spot corresponds to bone reaction to the aforementioned material. We never use non autologous material (cement or fillers). The anterior wall of the frontal sinus was repositioned and fixed with titanium plates after adaption to the new shape.

If anyone else wants to see these rather explicit in-surgery images, I am more than happy to send them by private message.

These fotos taken by FT during my corrective surgery on April 6th have now shown me for the very first time in actual detail what a really poor job I had done by just the basic burring to my forehead in 2004 with the penetration of my left frontal sinus and the subsequent filling it in with filler material by said surgeon.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Jessie Ann on April 26, 2016, 03:06:56 PM
  •  

Paula1

Just been thinking,

I believe in fate.

The basically non-revision surgery that I had in London in October 2014 brought me to where I am now by my going to see Facial Team when they were in London - Feb 2015.

They were my "Last chance saloon " and the forehead situation has now been sorted out, thank heavens.

Because of my poor nose job in 2004, Dr Bellinga and I know that my nose will never be quite as good because it was not done properly back then (especially the alarplasty and virtual removal of all the soft tissue in the tip) and noses can be very hard to fix. However I have no choice but to accept that. However it already does look much better after only 3 weeks but as I have said before, noses can take a long time to settle especially ones that have been worked on previously.

Finally don't forget that the nose looks almost perfect a day or so after surgery and then as the swelling sets in over the following days and weeks, the body's healing process sets in and you think " Ohmigod what I have done " ...  :o

So do be patient, let the body take over, eat well and stay cool ...  8)

Also very important this "Don't worry " as stress can interfere with the healing and I know all about that in the past.

I have been stuffing myself silly ever since day two after my surgery and have not put on one ounce.

I was expecting to be a stone overweight but no just maybe a few pebbles and grit ...  ;) ( my friend Claire's joke in the USA not mine ).

But do remember everyone when choosing your surgeon "Buyer Beware" !!!!

•  

Paula1

Sorry but in post #131 there was a bit of miscommunication so have reposted there in red:

We never use non autologous material (cement or fillers). The anterior wall of the frontal sinus was repositioned and fixed with titanium plates after adaption to the new shape.

This is very vital, of course.
  •  

Paula1

Hi again everyone,

Please bear with me with regards Part 3 - my surgery day - I have lots to do over the next few days so might not get round to it until Sunday or early next week.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs

Paula

•  

shoko

Quote from: Paula1 on April 28, 2016, 06:03:41 AM
Because of my poor nose job in 2004, Dr Bellinga and I know that my nose will never be quite as good because it was not done properly back then (especially the alarplasty and virtual removal of all the soft tissue in the tip) and noses can be very hard to fix. However I have no choice but to accept that. However it already does look much better after only 3 weeks but as I have said before, noses can take a long time to settle especially ones that have been worked on previously.

Finally don't forget that the nose looks almost perfect a day or so after surgery and then as the swelling sets in over the following days and weeks, the body's healing process sets in and you think " Ohmigod what I have done " ...  :o

So do be patient, let the body take over, eat well and stay cool ...  8)

Also very important this "Don't worry " as stress can interfere with the healing and I know all about that in the past.

But do remember everyone when choosing your surgeon "Buyer Beware" !!!!

Buyer beware indeed.

When he states he didn't do something as I had requested no amount of time will fix that other than another operation.  Blaming it on swelling or accusing the patient is completely wrong.

I hope you notice his lip lift technique is less than optimal with little attention to detail
  •  

Paula1

Dear Shoko,

If you have a beef with Facial Team's Dr Bellinga, would you mind not airing it on my thread.

Please continue it on your thread.

I am very happy with Dr Bellinga's work and if I wasn't then I would say so.

My nose is awesome already and the upper lip lift too despite the swelling and scars which always take time to settle.

I have had many surgeries since 1989, so I do have some experience on this matter.

My mastopexy scars ( breast lift ) after 4 years have just about gone away with the added help of Kenalog (steroid) injections.

I don't want negatives from people when I am in the process of recovering and healing so will you kindly remove this post of your's, if not I will ask the administrators/moderators to do so.

Thank you.

Paula

PS. If you remove your post, then I will remove this one.

PPS. With regards your comment "I hope you notice his lip lift technique is less than optimal with little attention to detail" , frankly I see nothing wrong with mine so again please don't neg me out, OK.

•  

Paula1

Dear Shoko,

I have seen that you have been online and have not removed your negative and inappropriate post on my thread.

I don't need this and thank you but I have been unable to get the rest that I desperately need at 70 going on 71 this early morning here in the UK because of your action.

So I now formally ask the moderators to remove your post and I would ask you please not to post on this thread ever again and I will not post on your thread either (not that I have).

However I wish you all the best in the future on your journey.

Paula

•  

Paula1

Hi Members,

Change of plan, I need my rest so I am not going to post on here for a while ( sorry to those who are interested in my recent FFS experience with FT ... especially Part 3 - the day of my surgery).

I am not going to prejudice all the good work that has been done.

Have a lovely weekend.

Paula

•  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Paula1 on April 29, 2016, 01:16:09 AM
I need my rest so I am not going to post on here for a while ( sorry to those who are interested in my recent FFS experience with FT ... especially Part 3 - the day of my surgery).

Agreed, that's what I was going to suggest after reading above. Go have some rest, enjoy real life as much as you can and forget about the internets for a while. And thanks for sharing your experience so far!
  •