Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula1

Bless you Natalia.

Take care.

"I'll be back" as Arnie says ....  ;)  ;)

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on April 29, 2016, 01:51:53 AM
Agreed, that's what I was going to suggest after reading above. Go have some rest, enjoy real life as much as you can and forget about the internets for a while. And thanks for sharing your experience so far!
  •  

Paula1

Morning everyone,

I feel more rested now but before I post Part 3 - my surgery day later in the week, I thought that you would like to see this.

As you are aware, I had a poor nose job and upper lip lift done in the USA in February 2004 and Dr Bellinga has done a good job on mine.

It was a very difficult procedure too as it was my third nose job.

In fact my complex forehead procedure took just 90 minutes but the rhinoplasty/ULL took 150 minutes. Total 4 hours and then 8 hours in recovery just to keep an eye on me due to my age.

Having had three attempts at my nose, now I am 100% happy although it's still very early days since the surgery ( three weeks and three days ), and it will be months before I see the final result which I will share with you all in due course.

The first few days after a rhinoplasty the nose almost always looks great and then the healing starts in earnest and the swelling starts and you think "Oh Gee "- what have I done and the surgeon has messed up.

With my healing process anyway, my nose always starts to look worse and worse for the first few weeks after surgery and then slowly it gets better. With others I have seen nose jobs that look good even after a month's healing has taken place. We all heal differently and at different rates.

The last five days or so, my top lip has become numb and fatter whereas a week ago it was not numb and less fat.

It also makes drinking and eating more difficult.

But I accept this although I don't like it as people look at me and see that I have had surgery. Yesterday when I was at an event, I kept telling people who I know that I had some cosmetic surgery when they asked what was wrong with my face as they were concerned that I had an accident.

All that I can say is you have to have patience with any surgery while the body takes time to heal.

What us girls go through eh to get where we wish to go?

Here is my before foto with the piggy and too short nose for my face and ineffective ULL which was made even worse by the weight of the fat put in during surgery in the USA in 2004.

and after surgery in April with a decent sized nose, much better ULL and fat removed.

Just out of interest to you all. here is my nose about three weeks after my 2nd rhinoplasty in 2004 (USA) and look what a mess it looked. It took over a year for the nose and ULL scar to fully heal. To be fair, the ULL scar was hardly noticeable once it had healed but the nose was always incorrect for my face and I was left with a raised ridge below my right alars after it had healed. Dr Bellinga has removed that scar/ridge from the 2004 surgery when he performed the fresh ULL and also improved the right alarpasty incision from 2004. * Note also the over raised eyebrows !!! My bruising by the way from my recent surgery has now gone so what a difference then from 2004. Using an endoscope usually causes more disturbance to the soft tissues which you don't get with an open procedure.

Another foto of my face five weeks after surgery in 2004.

You can see also the poor forehead result due to burring whereas now my forehead is properly feminised.

Today I was seen by two friends of mine who had surgery also by the same surgeon as mine from 2004 and they were very impressed with my forehead/nose and ULL so far. But as we agreed, it's all too swollen at this moment before making a final judgement.

Incidentally if an ULL scar needs it, it can always be lasered to improve it's appearance down the healing road.

Finally, here is a foto of me taken at 23 weeks and 5 days after my Feb 2004 rhinoplasty and ULL in the USA ( 6 months later in August 2004). See the ULL scarring/redness/swelling still which finally went away and the scar eventually was very good to be fair to the surgeon. Also my nose is less swollen but still piggy like. The whole surgery took another year to look optimal but during this time I had to travel to the USA and have kenalog (steroid) injections to my nose especially the right side which coincidentally is the most swollen part right now.

As the forehead swelling had largely subsided, you can also now see that the forehead was already looking poor and the transition area below my forehead and above my nose was never worked on/feminised in 2004.

My forehead 3D CT Scan in May 2015 before my April FT surgery

and afterwards two days after the surgery. What a difference !!!

Hugs

Paula

•  

Paula1

This afternoon I went food shopping at my local Tesco's (equivalent to Walmart in the USA in many ways ) and a cashier Sue that I have known for some time said that I looked amazing when I told her that I only had surgery 25 days ago. That really cheered me up ... :)

Frankly when I look at my face right now compared to where I was 12 years ago, the difference in nose swelling and the ULL incision situation is in a different ball park. Also all the visible bruising has totally gone now

I am exceedingly happy folks and looking forward to the rest of the holiday weekend.

I went for a 30 mile drive just now too.

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Just had an e-mail from one of the the two friends of mine who saw me yesterday and she said this:

Hi Paula, I know you are still all swollen and bruised internally but I think the nice Facial Team people have done a good job. It will take time to settle down - 12-18 months. But your upper lip/nose looks good and forehead too.

Quote from: Paula1 on May 01, 2016, 05:25:08 AM

Today I was seen by two friends of mine who had surgery also by the same surgeon as mine from 2004 and they were very impressed with my forehead/nose and ULL so far. But as we agreed, it's all too swollen at this moment before making a final judgement.

•  

Paula1

This healing process is crazy.

This evening the feeling in my top lip is returning and the swelling is reducing too.

Less slurping my drink and food later ... LOL ...  ;D

Also getting used to the new top lip dynamics is very interesting in terms of feel and appearance.

More feminine for sure ...  :)
  •  

Paula1

Tomorrow I will tell you about the advice and information that FT gave me in terms of aftercare of the nose and upper lip lift.

This must be followed to the letter.

Gentle massaging of my nose, open rhinoplasty incision and upper lip lift incision is a must now.

Nitey nite

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Good Morning everyone,

Had a good night's sleep and ready for another day.

Last night it was quite cold out and while walking the dog, the upper lip lift and open rhinoplasty incisions felt very sore.

During the day when it's warmer, this is not a problem.

The sensation in my forehead is getting back to normal slowly which is good.

But I do know that this healing is going to take some while yet, so I must be patient which is still hard although I am a surgery junkie now ... LOL  ...  ;D

Facial Team really had to work on my forehead and it is invasive surgery, for sure.

The orbital rims feel sore to touch which I find strange as they were never properly worked on previously and I am getting the usual shooting pains in the general forehead area as the nerves reawaken.

I do get angry though that I have had to endure all this again due to poor work in the past.

But that's life and at long last it looks like I am done as far as the work carried out nearly 4 weeks ago which is a big relief.

Back later, I have been summoned.   
  •  

Paula1

Here we go.

Better late than never.

Liplift and Open Rhinoplasty

Two weeks after surgery, I applied Musk Rose Oil to the incisions for a week.

Then after the third week, I am now applying Dermatix Gel for four weeks to the incisions.

Also I have been instructed to gently massage the incisions area and the actual nose and tip itself.

All this is helping in improving the scars and general swelling.

Quote from: Paula1 on May 01, 2016, 01:28:58 PM
Tomorrow I will tell you about the advice and information that FT gave me in terms of aftercare of the nose and upper lip lift.

This must be followed to the letter.

Gentle massaging of my nose, open rhinoplasty incision and upper lip lift incision is a must now.

Nitey nite

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Well another weekend beckons and what a difference in the weather here in the UK.

Last week it was like winter with snow up in the north of England and in Scotland and now the temperatures are in the 70's F ( 25C on Sunday ) ...  8)

The same has been happening with my face.

Earlier in the week I e-mailed my patient coordinator Laura and asked her to send this information to Dr Bellinga:

It has been nearly a month - Day 26 since my surgery.

The last five days or so my top lip became numb and fatter whereas a week ago it was not numb and less fat.

Then yesterday the feeling in the top lip returned quite a lot and the swelling reduced too. Weird eh?

It did make drinking and eating more difficult but I know that this is all part of the healing process.

The upper lip lift looks rather high still ( higher than just after surgery ) but I guess it will come down as the healing progresses. Also it's more feminine so I just guess that I am not used to it.

I mentioned that if required, I could always fly over for some kenalog (steroid) injections to my nose or is it too early still?

I said that my forehead is looking great and all external bruising has gone from my whole face ..  :)

Yesterday I e-mailed Laura again and said this:

Well my top lip is getting smaller ...  :)

and my nose too .. :)

I said it's facinating how my forehead healing process is progressing.

Apart from getting feeling slowly back to my forehead and the usual shooting pains, the orbital rims are sore to touch as they have not been worked on properly before.

Funnily enough I noticed more bruising has appeared above my cheeks today while gently massaging my nose, ULL and open rhinoplasty incisions. This I feel was because the swelling in the bruised areas has gone down exposing any residual bruising. Just goes to show that I have a lot of healing still to do and it will be some time yet before everything has settled down.

I also mentioned that I can see some of the dissolvable white stitches around my nose spitting.

Last evening I had a reply from Dr Bellinga via Laura and it said this:

"Dear Paula.

The liplift has this effect at the beginning, it looks a bit unnatural due to the swelling and the fact that you were not used to seeing your upper lip as it looks now. As time passes by, the lip will drop a little (relapse) and it will look more natural.

Now we prefer to wait for any steroid injection at least 3-4 months, due to the risk of creating an atrophic skin.

Keep on taking care of the scars as you are doing now and keep us updated.

Kind regards."

So I am more than happy with their response and the aftercare that I am receiving from Facial Team and as I keep saying to myself " I must be patient".

Strangely this morning, I can see even more positive changes to the nose, upper lip lift and open rhinoplasty incisions ...  :)

The ULL scar is almost invisible as well as the slightly raised section of this scar in the centre under the nose.

It's now only been 29 days since the surgery ...  8)

The post-op instructions must be followed 100% which also means getting lots of rest, eating properly and walking a lot.

No junk food either !!
  •  

Paula1

Over the weekend, I'll post all about (at long last) my Part 3 surgery day.

Enjoy the weekend everyone ...  :)
  •  

Paula1

Hi again,

Here are more before and after shots.

The marks above my left eye are two mosquito bites while I was relaxing round the pool a few days before surgery and they had almost gone when the after shots were done eight days after the operation.

The eyebrows are already coming back down ( they were over high before surgery) as the forehead swelling subsides.

Before

After

Before

After

In the before shots you can see the inappropriate PEEK implants inserted in 2014 here in the UK, my piggy nose and inappropriate fat in the top lip which negated the ULL done in 2004 when this fat was inserted.

The whole forehead profile is now feminine and my eyes are far less recessed. Also the transition area betwen the forehead and nose is now properly done and feminine.

All my friends say that I already look ten years younger and even more so I hope when I have a full facelift next year especially to get rid of my turkey neck ...  ;)

Quote from: Paula1 on May 01, 2016, 05:25:08 AM

Here is my before foto with the piggy and too short nose for my face and ineffective ULL which was made even worse by the weight of the fat put in during surgery in the USA in 2004.

and after surgery in April with a decent sized nose, much better ULL and fat removed.

•  

Paula1

Good evening members,

As I have lots to do this weekend, I am going to go for it and post my surgery day experience (Part 3)

As you know, the night before my surgery I ate early before 8.00pm as I wanted at least a clear 12 hours before the operation and then went out with some of the other patients who were staying at 'Jenny's Nest' but was unable to eat although I did sneak a small piece of Jenny's meat and a couple of olives which was fine as the deadline was not until midnight. I drank lots of water throughout watching my friends eat and did so when we all returned home until the midnight deadline, eight hours before surgery. It is vital to be well hydrated before surgery.

I slept pretty well considering although I was nervous at what was going to happen the next day.

I woke really early ( about 6.00am ), showered, washed my hair with baby shampoo and thought at least I will not have to bother putting any make-up on. Made a change and as a result the whole getting ready for the day process was much quicker. Nicola was also up and having breakfast which I sort of envied as I did feel hungry. Then Jenny joined us and in no time at all after she took a few fotos of me at my request, the taxi arrived at 8.15a.m and Jenny and I travelled the 15 minute journey to HC Hospital. As we drove along I thought, albeit very briefly, I hope that I will see this wonderful scenery again. Silly really but I was very emotional and Jenny's wonderful company made it so much easier for me to cope. This was going to be a huge deal for me.

When we arrived Laura my patient coordinator was waiting for us and we all went to my room and I changed into an operating gown and put on the anti-embolism stockings which is always a struggle. I also unpacked my case and hung up the clothes that I had brought from 'Jenny's Nest'.

Jenny made sure that I was tucked up in bed and then Dr Capitan, Dr Simon and Dr Bellinga came in to see me for a final chat. At about 8.55 am the nurses arrived to wheelchair me through to the room where the anaesthetist chatted to me and one of the nurses put the cannula in my left arm.

I asked if I could get on the operating table rather than be lifted on as I have a minor back problem and wanted to make sure that I was comfortable and my back was in the right position. They said that's fine.

All the rest of the gadgetry was attached and I was looking forward to the rather nice feeling as the anaesthetic goes in but nothing as I went out like a light.

Oh well, maybe next time !!!!

Apparently because of my slightly enlarged aorta, there were two anaesthetists looking after me, the main three surgeons operating and another surgeon who I understand is training and just assisted. So I was really looked after during my four hours in the operating theatre, one and half hours for the complex forehead reconstruction with Dr Capitan and Dr Simon and two and half hours on my complex third rhinoplasty, second upper lip lift and removal of the inappropriate fat in my top lip by Dr Bellinga.

I don't remember the exact time I came round in the recovery room but to make sure that I was OK, they kept an eye on me for 8 hours until 9.00 pm. I tried to pee but even my asking the nurse to pour water from one jug to another, it did not work and reluctantly I agreed to be catherised. Having had this done before it's always uncomfortable ... :o

Oh yes, I have an old real bristle Kent hair brush that I have had for over 20 years ( they are over £80 new now) but are wonderful as they don't pull the hair out like other brushes do. So I requested if the nurse could use it to tidy my hair after the surgery as I am paranoid about my hair. This they allowed which was awesome ...  :)

At around 9.00pm they wheeled me back ( on a bed ) into the room and while I was on my own bed the catheter slipped out and had to be put back in again and that definitely made my eyes water.

I was offered a bit of light food but refused as I was not hungry but sipped water.

I had the cooling mask on for 24 hours but had a good night's sleep with hardly any discomfort at all.

Obviously pain killers and other drugs were being fed through the cannula in my arm.

The next morning Thursday April 7th, I felt really good and had a light breakfast. Laura popped in and brought my camera and handbag that she had kept for me locked away in Facial Team's office. She took off the cooling mask and then Dr Bellinga came in around 9.15am , removed part of the upper lip lift bandage and the plugs/packing in my two nostrils which was a big relief being able to breathe again thru the nose. Then my UK friend came by who had her facelift with Dr Bellinga the week before and who was staying in the Carolina Park studio apartment that we shared before I went to Jenny's Nest. Throughout the day I walked around the grounds a lot, taking fotos which I will share with you soon. Dr Capitan & Dr Simon also came in later in the day and told me that my surgery was 100%. ( I have shared with you already what they found in my forehead and what they had to do ).

From the moment that Jenny took me to hospital, the surgery carried out, Laura my patient coordinator and her colleague Carmen's care,  the hospital's staff and nursing care, the food, in fact everything was just exceptional. Best surgery experience of my life ...  :) It was simply a well oiled machine.

Anyway here are the fotos that Jenny took of me before we left on the previous day (Wednesday the 6th) to go to the hospital. No make up, nothing, just the bare me. You can just see the old direct browlift scars over the eyebrows that have remained ever since 1991 with the old fashioned (even back then ) procedure that I had in London !!! G'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...  >:(

You can really see the bony deformities in my forehead, inappropriate PEEK implants, too small 'Piggy Nose', inappropriate fat in my top lip, weak upper lip lift negated also by the weight of the fat in my top lip. The implants were also painful to the touch and I had constant nose bleeds due to foreign material in my left frontal sinus cavity still

Here is a foto taken with the cooling mask on before it was briefly taken off on Thursday morning before Dr Bellinga removed part of the ULL bandage.

These are the the fotos taken by my friend showing the wonderful new forehead shape and transition to my new nose with cartilage taken from behind both ears. Note the cooling mask indentations

Here is the view of the grounds from my bed

Seeing the bed, it's time for me to hit the decks and will be back over the weekend.

Nite all

Hugs

Paula

PS. My friends already say that I look ten years younger which is kinda nice and that's without a full face/neck lift (to be done in the next two years  ).
  •  

Paula1

Good Morning everyone,

Had a decent lie in and ready to go.

Before I tell you about my final day in hospital ( Friday April 8th ), here is the lovely dinner that I had Thursday night.

I slept well again with virtually no discomfort at all.

I showered, washed my hair very carefully again with baby shampoo (I washed it on Thursday too) had breakfast and waited for the day to begin.

My friend from the UK popped in once again and took more fotos of me. She was seeing the doctors and having her stitches removed from her full facelift the week before as she was flying back to the UK the same day. 

Doctor Bellinga again came in and removed the tape over my upper lip lift stitches but the nose tape had to remain.

Here are the fotos.

No doubt due to the fact this was the third and final attempt (Thank God) at feminising my forehead and orbital rims, third nose job, second upper lip lift and top lip fat removal, I look pretty beaten up compared to other FT patients who I have seen just post-op. But I am incredibly vascular and this does not help. However being very vascular really helps the healing process along. My eyebrows are very high due to the swelling, but the brows are now coming down ( they were on the high side prior to surgery).

I then bade farewell to my UK friend and had lunch. Yummee!! ...  :)

After lunch, I went to see another two patients who were also staying at 'Jenny's Nest' and here is a foto of Jenny Bowman and I ( I have cropped out the other patient's face as I don't have her permission ).

I look very happy as you can all see. I suppose that I don't look too bad for a beaten up 70 year old ...  :laugh:

and then it was time to say farewell to all the nurses and staff and Jenny took me home by taxi to her 'Nest'

All that I can tell you is that my three days in hospital were just magical and would do it all again if I had to ...  8)

So when I return in the late autumn to have more hair grafting done and again in a year or so for a full face and neck lift, I know what to expect with all the love, care and expertise that I had just received from Facial Team and HC Hospital.

I will return soon and tell you all about my very special 'Jenny's Nest' experience.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs

Paula

•  

Paula1

A friend of mine said to me just now.

"Remember that younger patients tend to heal much quicker than older girls ".

Also I was told that I am the oldest patient that Facial Team has worked on, so far.

Eeekkkkkk ...  :o :o
  •  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

Another week starts and on Wednesday, I will be 5 weeks post-op.

Every day I notice positive changes to my forehead, nose and upper lip lift.

In fact as I write, the feeling is returning in my top lip, wonderful ....  8)

Anyway back to my stay at 'Jenny's Nest'.

My first evening back (Friday April 8th) was taken up settling back in again and getting a good night's sleep as the following day (Saturday) there was much lined up for me.

Two days before my surgery I received an e-mail from my patient co-ordinator Laura at the studio apartment that I was sharing with my UK friend in Carolina Park, Marbella saying this:

Dear Paula,

The reason for this email is to inform you that everyday we try to improve the experience of our patients; helping them as much as possible throughout the process prior to surgery, but what is more important, during the postoperative time.

To do this, we want to launch a pioneering acupuncture therapy, which aims to reduce inflammation, pain and stress caused by the surgery and also try to improve the quality of sleep.

We need to know as soon as possible, if you would be interested in participating in this therapy during your postoperative time. Of course, it has no cost for you.  Attached you can find the information about this therapy and also the curriculum of the doctor who is doing the therapy, Dr. Jiménez.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

See Facial Team's website:  http://facialteam.eu/acupuncture-sessions-for-the-post-surgical-recovery-of-facialteam-patients/

Naturally, I accepted and on the following Saturday Dr Jiminez duly arrived around 11.30am.

It was an amazing experience and I promptly fell asleep with needles sprouting out from all over my face and feet.

Pictures tell the story.

Not sure what the light is about, so will need to ask

Then in the afternoon, it was off up the road with other patients and relatives from the villa to the local supermarket to get our food in. One of the patient's Mum's from the USA made us all wonderful and nutritious smoothies from the fresh strawberries that we bought.

The range and quality of the produce in there (Mercadona) was awesome

After arriving back at our villa, I had another treatment with the wonderful Antonio Romero Moreno who performed a lymphatic drainage massage on me and once again I fell to sleep.

So all in all a wonderful day and the following day (Sunday) there was more treatment to follow.

Back soon.
  •  

Paula1

Doctor Jimenez is very qualified:

MANUEL JIMÉNEZ FERNÁNDEZ
Colegio de Médicos de Jaén: Colegiado número: 232305427

PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS
Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of
Granada.
Medical Specialist in Clinical Neurophysiology, after four years of intensive formation
via the MIR system at the Virgen de las Nieves Hospital of Granada.
Diploma of Advanced Studies (Research Doctorate) obtained from the Faculty of
Medicine in Granada.
Masters in Sleep, Physiology and Medicine. Certified by the University Pablo de
Olavide in Sevilla.
Certificate in Acupuncture & Moxibustion, Craneopuncture and Auriculotherapy from
the Escuela Superior de Acupuntura CML Lasvi, in Madrid.
Certificate in Lifting with Acupuncture from two training centers: IEN El Vergel, Jason
Smith and CML Lasvi.

SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Sociedad Española de Neurofisiología Clínica (SENFC).
Sociedad Andaluza de Neurofisiología Clínica (SANFC). Member of the Board of
Directors and the Scientific Committee.
Sociedad Andaluza de Epilepsia (SADE).
Sociedad Española de Acupuntores

SCIENTIFIC AND RESEARCH ACTIVITY
Multiple presentations and papers at conferences and meetings of regional and
national level. Active research projects during 2015:

• Joint study of sensory and neural pathways of upper limbs in patients with
fibromyalgia. Compared with healthy control group.
• Auditory Evoked Potentials study in children by age groups. Facts compared
with normal hearing thresholds.
• Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation as a treatment in patients with
upper limb motor-skill damage after cerebral stroke.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Faculty Specialist & Area Manager in Clinical Neurophysiology for the Unit of Clinical
Neuroscience at the Hospital Complex in Jaén of the Andalusian Regional Health
Service.
Specialist in Clinical Neurophysiology and Clinical Medical Acupuncturist at a private
Health & Beauty clinic in Jaen.
  •  

Paula1

Good Morning everybody.

Bit early here in the UK, nearly 4.00am !!!  :o

Next door I have a lovely junior doctor living with her other half and yesterday, I showed her my 'In surgery' fotos.

She was amazed at the results and it's a shame that I cannot post them here but, of course, that is not allowed.

Some members have requested my sending them by pm, so if anyone else wishes to see them and don't mind a bit of gore, you are welcome to pm me and I will send them.

Have a nice day.

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Good evening,

Went to see my GP (local doctor) this morning and she was very impressed with the result after just 5 weeks (today) since surgery ...  8)

I have booked flights back to Marbella for a week's stay from July 17th to July 24th for a check-up (Week 15) with Dr Bellinga for my nose and Dr Simon for my forehead. If required Dr Bellinga will inject Kenalog (steroid) to my nose and ULL area.

I will be seeing Dr Capitan anyway on July 8th in London when he is here consulting but a week's break in Spain appealed to me and of course seeing Dr's S & B.

Managed to book one of the last rooms available in a small hotel Hostal Paco in Marbella Old Town  -   https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187439-d621013-Reviews-Hostal_Paco-Marbella_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html  -  which was lucky and even cheaper than Hotel San Cristobal that I stayed in last year.

Looking forward to meeting up with Jenny and Nicola once again although Jenny will also be in London on the 8th and then Facial Team go up to Manchester for 'Sparkle' the following day.

See:  http://www.sparkle.org.uk/

Nite everyone ...  :)

•  

Paula1

Good afternoon members,

Just realised that Facial Team will be in London on Thursday July 7th as well as the 8th before they travel up to Sparkle, so I might go and see them on the Thursday instead, if they have an appointment available.

Anyway I went for a long walk this afternoon and when I arrived back, I realised just how much this surgery has taken it out of me. I understand that every hour under anaesthesia ( 4 hours in my case ) takes a month to recover, so it's not until August that I will be fully back to normal again.

Mind you it was in the late 70's F and humid after all the rain we have had these last few days here in the UK, so that did not help.

Before surgery, I was walking up to 3 to 4 miles each day at a fast pace and there was no way I could do that right now, but hope to soon.

At my age especially, it's essential to keep a level of fitness maintained otherwise it fast goes away.

I am really noticing now how I am healing well and my eyebrows are coming down a lot.

Anyway back to my stay at Jenny's Nest.

After a wonderful night's sleep Saturday April 9th, the next day (Sunday) Dr Jimenez returned around 10.30am and I had another session of acupuncture. This time I was wired up and afterwards he said that I had a large amount of energy for someone my age. ( I don't feel energetic today that's for sure ... :laugh: )

Here are the fotos to show what he did.

Still had my nose cast on

I assume the meter measures the energy levels but apart from that I don't know too much.

All that I can say is that the treatment made me feel very relaxed once more and again I fell to sleep.

Another post-op patient was also undergoing the same therapy and she said it was very relaxing too.

Reinvigorated before lunch I decided to stroll around the grounds of the villa and took lots of fotos which I will share with you on my other thread:

My experience at Jenny's Nest - April 5th to April 15th 2016.   

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,207962.0.html

Here's a taster:

Bye for now ...  :)

Quote from: Paula1 on May 11, 2016, 05:54:27 PM

I will be seeing Dr Capitan anyway on July 8th in London when he is here consulting but a week's break in Spain appealed to me and of course seeing Dr's S & B.

Looking forward to meeting up with Jenny and Nicola once again although Jenny will also be in London on the 8th and then Facial Team go up to Manchester for 'Sparkle' the following day.

See:  http://www.sparkle.org.uk/

•