Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula1

Good afternoon members ...  :)

I have posted the interior shots of 'Jenny's Nest' that I took the day I left to go home on my 'Jenny's Nest' thread ... I was so sad to leave ... :'(

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,207962.0.html

It was an awesome place to go to after surgery and the care and attention that I received from both Jenny and Nicola was great ...  ;D

All the patients, parents and friends had a fun time which really distracts from the healing process so soon after surgery.

I highly recommend going there.

Hugs

Paula

•  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

About a week after my FFS, I noticed that I was getting some swelling around my left ankle despite my getting enough walking done.

On January 31st, I had a minor varicose vein procedure performed on my left leg here in the UK and no doubt  this swelling was connected to my FFS surgery as any surgery takes some time to fully settle down and having my FFS just over 9 weeks later resulted in the body reacting at this weaker spot.

My patient coordinator Laura arranged for me to see the general doctor at HC Hospital and she prescribed me Daflon. I bought this at the local pharmacy in Marbella and made sure I had enough for when I got back to the UK. It very much helped.

Just as well as it's not available on prescription in the UK and has to be bought direct from the manufacturer.

The number of different products in this Spanish pharmacy compared to the usual UK pharmacy was remarkable.

Anyway the ankle swelling continued up to about three weeks ago and now it's gone altogether along with the much reduced swelling in my nose and upper lip lift.

Funny thing the body as it reacts to unrelated surgery ...  :)

Have a good weekend

Paula

•  

Paula1

Hi again,

I checked it out and found this:

https://www.realself.com/question/hemosiderin-staining-long-last

https://www.realself.com/question/irvine-long-heal-from-hemosiderin-staining-resulting-from-juvederm-injection-the

https://www.realself.com/question/treatment-hemosiderin-staining

and: http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-hemosiderin-staining.htm#didyouknowout

Vitamin K cream looks like a good suggestion or maybe laser at some point, if necessary.

Still very early days yet and the staining is getting less ...  :)

Quote from: deeiche on May 23, 2016, 07:28:50 AM
read up on hemosiderin, it may not be bruising.  It could be iron left from the bleeding which occurred after surgery.  It can take several months for the body to reabsorb the iron.  It took about 3 months before the bruised look went away after FFS.
  •  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good weekend ...  :)

Well another week has gone by and I am just over 9 weeks post-op.

There have been subtle changes to both the open rhinoplasty scar and upper lip lift scar, I am pleased to say.

And the lifted upper lip is continuing to drop down to a very natural position, I am glad to say ...  :)

Yesterday I had my hair done and my hairdresser Julie remarked how good I am now looking.

I visited her just after I arrived back in the UK, 12 days after my surgery just to say 'Hi' and she said what a difference nearly two months make.

I have been religious with my post-operative care of the scars and followed to the letter Facial Team's instructions.

These are using Musk Rose Oil on the scars two weeks after surgery for one week and then Dermatix Gel for another four weeks on the scars.

I recently e-mailed Dr Bellinga who performed this side of my surgery via Laura my patient-coordinator and asked "Can I continue with the Dermatix Gel for longer as it has really helped with settling down the open rhinoplasty and upper lip lift scars" and he said 'Yes'.

I am flying back to Spain mid July for a check-up with Dr Simon (forehead) and Dr Bellinga ( nose and ULL ) which will be 15 weeks after the surgery and if necessary, Dr B will then be able to inject some Kenalog ( steroid ) in my nose especially the right hand side which always remains more swollen in my case. It was like that in 2004 but after the Illinois surgeon injected it with Kenalog a couple of times over the 12 months healing period, it settled down very nicely, so I am not in the least concerned.

However if needed, any revisions cannot be done until much longer than just 3 to 4 months after the surgery to my nose.

Being a perfectionist, I will ask Dr B if any residual ULL scars and open rhinoplasty scars can be lasered, injected with Kenalog or whatever.

Mind you all the scars are now looking minimal.

As it's summer now, I was advised to avoid sun exposure so I wear a hat when out ( which I like anyway ) but also apply Factor 50 sunscreen on these scars.

I will definitely need this when I am in Spain next month but cannot wait to spend a week there meeting up with all of Facial Team's surgeons and staff plus Jenny and Nicola from Jenny's Nest ....  8)

It's going to be great not to have to recover from surgery there, simply chill out, visit different places, eat out and swim in the pool at the apartment's complex that I rented in early April before going on to 'Jenny's Nest' after my surgery.

Take care everyone

Paula

•  

Paula1

Funny but when I wake up everything is more swollen than it is later in the day.

Just been looking in the mirror and my top lip is virtually perfect now and the scars are fading rapidly.

I reckon that all I will need is a Kenalog injection to the right side of my nose when I see Dr Bellinga next month.

Incidentally, I find him and his colleagues totally professional, very attentive to my needs and worries which is what I have always wanted from any surgeon(s) practice.

By the way, my UK friend who had a full face/neck lift with him the week before my surgery has no issues at all with his surgery and she looks years younger too. She is very happy with his work.

My turn next to get him to remove my turkey neck etc .... LOL .... I am a little jealous of my friend ....  ;) ;)
  •  

Paula1

Gosh it has been eleven weeks since my surgery and I find that the older I get, the quicker time passes by.

This scares me somewhat but hey ho !!

I have fully resumed my exercise regime and walk two to three miles every day.

I lost a lot of my fitness which is now coming back.

The top lip still get's chapped interestingly enough as the tissue below seems to be shrinking still.

The nose is still improving but I know that it's healing process is going to be fairly long term.

The scars below my nose from the open rhinoplasty and upper lip lift are improving too.

This area of my face (nose and top lip) still feels a little odd. The only way that I can describe it, is that its stiff.

However I am massaging the area well and the feeling in the top lip is returning to normal as each day goes by.

Have a good week everyone ....  :)

•  

firestarter

Hi Paula, it's good to hear that you are recovering well, and that your fitness is improving. Under two weeks now before I go to Marbella for my consultation with "The Team".
Much Money, Much Pain, Many Moons.
  •  

Paula1

Hiya,

Thank you very much ...  :)

May I wish you a safe trip and successful consultation in Marbella.

Take care

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: firestarter on June 22, 2016, 03:10:41 AM
Hi Paula, it's good to hear that you are recovering well, and that your fitness is improving. Under two weeks now before I go to Marbella for my consultation with "The Team".
  •  

Paula1

Hi members ....  :)

Well three months have now gone by since my surgery and all seems well.

The healing process continues and I can see small changes almost every day.

I am now applying Vitamin K cream made by Reviva Labs ( which I had to get from the USA as it's not easily available in the UK ) to the  dark areas at the top of my cheeks. It helps fade and clear bruises. It's also very good for improving the appearance of broken capillaries, spider veins, rosacea and any reddened, irritated  areas on the face.

See deeiche's post #Reply 176 in answer to mine on May 23rd.

Tomorrow week, I see Dr Capitan when he comes to London for consultations, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks about my surgery.

Three weeks today (July 20th) I will be seeing Dr Bellinga and Dr Simon in Marbella which I am also looking forward to.

This June the UK weather has been terrible with all the rain so I cannot wait to get some warmth and relax down there for a week.

It will also be good to get away from all the political turmoil and uncertainty with the UK's 'Brexit' vote.

It will be good to meet up with Jenny Bowman and Nicola from Jenny's Nest in Marbella although I will be seeing Jenny next week in London too.

She will be tired of the sight of me .... LOL ....  ;D

Have a great week folks.

Paula

•  

KarmaGirl

I'm so glad that your recovery is going very well. It makes me very happy. Especially because you're such a good person. Keep us posted. Hugs!
  •  

Paula1

Hi KarmaGirl ...  :)

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that your surgery has been such a great success.

That makes me happy too.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: KarmaGirl on June 29, 2016, 03:59:01 PM
I'm so glad that your recovery is going very well. It makes me very happy. Especially because you're such a good person. Keep us posted. Hugs!
  •  

Paula1

Just been reading Deeiche's thread " Dr Rossi surgery Sept 16 " and saw her post:  Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016 concerning "spitting sutures".

Over the last week, I have developed a scab on the coronal incision which bled so have put antiseptic cream on it. It must be a spitting suture.

I think that I will go to my local NHS 'Walk in Centre' in the morning and have it looked at as I don't want to get an infection there.

Also right below my nose I have a spitting suture and it is driving me mad because it looks like a spot.

I had almost forgotten that the body takes time to remove these foreign objects.

•  

Debra

Quote from: Paula1 on June 29, 2016, 06:12:04 PM
Just been reading Deeiche's thread " Dr Rossi surgery Sept 16 " and saw her post:  Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016 concerning "spitting sutures".

Over the last week, I have developed a scab on the coronal incision which bled so have put antiseptic cream on it. It must be a spitting suture.

I think that I will go to my local NHS 'Walk in Centre' in the morning and have it looked at as I don't want to get an infection there.

Also right below my nose I have a spitting suture and it is driving me mad because it looks like a spot.

I had almost forgotten that the body takes time to remove these foreign objects.

How long has it been Paula? How many months post-op before you noticed the results of spitting sutures?

•  

deeiche

Quote from: Debra on July 01, 2016, 06:29:45 AM
How long has it been Paula? How many months post-op before you noticed the results of spitting sutures?
I'm not Paula, ;-) , but 9 months after surgery I still have spitting sutures.  They actually aren't that uncommon.
"It's only money, not life or death"
  •  

Debra

Quote from: deeiche on July 01, 2016, 01:16:25 PM
I'm not Paula, ;-) , but 9 months after surgery I still have spitting sutures.  They actually aren't that uncommon.

Ah sorry I was mixing up threads. Paula's very active on all of these lol

Wow 9 months, thanks. good to know.

•  

deeiche

Quote from: Debra on July 01, 2016, 10:44:12 PM
Ah sorry I was mixing up threads. Paula's very active on all of these lol

Wow 9 months, thanks. good to know.
Oh, I think you misunderstood.

This is Paula's thread and she stated there maybe a suture "spitting" from her coronal incision.  I responded to your question in her thread that I have definitely had "spitting sutures" from various locations on my head months after surgery.  I started a thread about "spitting sutures" when I first started seeing them, at the time no one else seemed to have ever experienced them.
"It's only money, not life or death"
  •  

Paula1

Interesting discussion about spitting sutures.

I still had one spitting suture along the coronal incision from my Oct 2014 surgery in early 2016 - 15 months on !!
  •  

Paula1

Yesterday I eventually went to see the doctor at my local 'NHS Walk in Centre' and after examination he said that there is no infection.

Phew !!!

He said that it's just a scab and the incision is healing well. I mentioned the possibility of a spitting suture and he said that may well be the case.

We shall see what Dr Capitan says when I see him next Thursday in London. Perhaps with his well trained eye he will spot one.

Quote from: Paula1 on June 29, 2016, 06:12:04 PM

•