Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anjaq

Hi Paula, Just wanted to say I wish you the best that this long story soon ends happy for you. I saw those pictures you posted after FFS in 2004 - it was really sad what happened there. Apparently 2004 was a bit early to trust someone other than Dr O with FFS? I transitioned around 1998-2001 and at that time FFS was considered a new thing and only Dr O was doing it under that label, but since then more and more people have picked up the topic. I do not know how you looked like before that first surgery, but I hope that so many years later now you finally will get an improvement.

•  

Paula1

Hiya ...  :)

Quote from: anjaq on July 04, 2016, 09:27:56 AM
Hi Paula, Just wanted to say I wish you the best that this long story soon ends happy for you.

Thank you so much. It's going to be a few more months yet before the surgery fully settles down and now is the worst time waiting for the final result.

There are days when I get a bit depressed about it but having been through it all before, I know that it will get better. They say that the 3 months to 12 months is the worst period of the healing process. Also I am finding it hard to adjust to the third reincarnation of my face although my friends think that I look really good now. Actually it's my fourth incarnation taking into consideration my pre FFS face !!!

I saw those pictures you posted after FFS in 2004 - it was really sad what happened there. Apparently 2004 was a bit early to trust someone other than Dr O with FFS? I transitioned around 1998-2001 and at that time FFS was considered a new thing and only Dr O was doing it under that label, but since then more and more people have picked up the topic.

That's very true but Dr O priced himself him out for many people.

I do not know how you looked like before that first surgery, but I hope that so many years later now you finally will get an improvement.

I looked OK but the bangs hid many problems.

My foto before any FFS is featured in my Reply #127 - PAGE 7 on: April 27, 2016 within this thread.

Take care and thanks for your post.

Hugs

Paula
  •  

anjaq

Oh - you really did not look that bad at all before the first FFS - I feel sorry that you had this experience. I do not even see much in terms of really bad forehead stuff in that picture, even bangs cannot hide it if it is really bad. But of course forehead is the classical thing that makes us perceive the face in a certain way and gender it. Hairline is also important and that is usually hidden well with bangs - I do the same of course. By the way I transitioned 16 years ago - no actually 18 years and I recently am pondering about getting FFS done. I pass well and few people know this part of me, so I am really switching back and forth between going for it or just leave it as it is - keep my bangs and keep going without risking this.

"Incarnations" is good - hehe - or like in Dr Who "Regenerations" - getting a new appearance each time. I know reconstructing a nose from which too much was removed, as it appears to be in your case, is a hard thing to do. A friend of mine had to get that done as well. Hopefully FT managed to get a good job done at it, but sith noses especially I was told it takes the longest time to heal and settle.
Best wishes for that...

•  

Paula1

Hiya ...  :)

Quote from: anjaq on July 05, 2016, 01:27:54 PM
Oh - you really did not look that bad at all before the first FFS - I feel sorry that you had this experience.

Thank you. 

I do not even see much in terms of really bad forehead stuff in that picture, even bangs cannot hide it if it is really bad. But of course forehead is the classical thing that makes us perceive the face in a certain way and gender it. Hairline is also important and that is usually hidden well with bangs - I do the same of course.

Yep the male forehead and hairline is a giveaway.

By the way I transitioned 16 years ago - no actually 18 years and I recently am pondering about getting FFS done. I pass well and few people know this part of me, so I am really switching back and forth between going for it or just leave it as it is - keep my bangs and keep going without risking this.

If Facial Team had been around in 2004, things would have been very different for me. But's that's life.

"Incarnations" is good - hehe - or like in Dr Who "Regenerations" - getting a new appearance each time. I know reconstructing a nose from which too much was removed, as it appears to be in your case, is a hard thing to do. A friend of mine had to get that done as well. Hopefully FT managed to get a good job done at it, but with noses especially I was told it takes the longest time to heal and settle.

The nose is a much better shape and length now and Dr Bellinga did a fine job. Just have to wait for the incisions below the nose to fully heal. The area still stings quite a lot so I know there is quite a way to go yet.

I am looking forward to seeing Dr B in Marbella the week after next and see what he thinks.

Best wishes for that...

Thank you ...  :) ... My visit to London on Thursday to see Dr Capitan went well and will report on that tomorrow.

Hugs

Paula
  •  

Paula1

Morning everyone,

My trip to London to see Facial Team and Dr Capitan on Thursday went well and it was good to meet one of the post-op patients who was staying at Jenny's Nest at the same time as me.

Dr Capitan said I was healing very well and I look forward to seeing Dr Bellinga and Dr Simon in Marbella in ten days time.

FT work closely with Aprils Touch who were also in attendance.

See:  https://www.aprils-touch.com/

I had a consultation with them and in November I am going to get my eyebrows permanently tattooed in a lower position. They have never been a good shape so I am really looking forward to getting this done.

One of FT's patients Merryn is featured on their website who has had this same procedure.

My eyebrows were on the high side prior to my April surgery but are even higher now due to the latest coronal incision.

So a few weeks beforehand, I will get electrolysis to remove the existing brows.

Also April's Touch will improve the appearance of the old direct brow lift scars by micro needling them and colour in the white scars so they are far less visible.

So all in all, it was a good day.

Paula

•  

reborn

Quote from: Paula1 on July 10, 2016, 03:01:12 AM

I had a consultation with them and in November I am going to get my eyebrows permanently tattooed in a lower position. They have never been a good shape so I am really looking forward to getting this done.

This is the best thing you came up with. Tattooing your eyebrows in a lower position. I think that is the only thing you need to change in order to look perfect. Just make sure to get natural looks..

xxxx
  •  

anjaq

Ok, I never heard of someone wanting to lower the eyebrows, most people talk more about brow lifts and such - I guess that this is because you had several surgeries which moved the eyebrows up higher?

•  

Paula1

Hiya,

Thank you for your comments ...  :)

When I have the procedure done in November, we are going to experiment until we get the best position but I don't want them too low as I prefer a higher position than many natal females have.

Hugs

Paula  xx

Quote from: reborn on July 10, 2016, 09:09:04 AM
This is the best thing you came up with. Tattooing your eyebrows in a lower position. I think that is the only thing you need to change in order to look perfect. Just make sure to get natural looks..

xxxx
  •  

Paula1

I am afraid so.

The worst procedure that I have ever had was the Direct Brow Lift in 1991.

When I went to see renown Harley Street surgeon Jan Stanek a few weeks after it was done, he could not believe that any surgeon would carry out such an outdated procedure even back then. He said that this kind of lift went out of favour back in the 70's because of the scarring issues.

Jan performed some dermabrasion at the time which improved the outcome a little.

Had I known that 25 years on I would still be resolving this issue, I would never have gone near this surgeon, no point in mentioning his name since he has long since retired. Sadly I was not his only patient who had issues ...  :(

But back in those days research was mostly done by word of mouth etc.

Quote from: anjaq on July 10, 2016, 11:38:43 AM
Ok, I never heard of someone wanting to lower the eyebrows, most people talk more about brow lifts and such - I guess that this is because you had several surgeries which moved the eyebrows up higher?
  •  

Paula1

On Sunday I fly down to Spain for a week and on Wednesday will be seeing Dr Bellinga and Dr Simon for a check-up.

I have a few questions to ask in relation to my healing so I am looking forward to the meeting.

Also it will be good to meet up again with Jenny and Nicola at Jenny's Nest.

I am looking forward to the break from everything.

Have a good weekend everyone  ... :)

•  

Jacqueline

1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

V M

Hi friends  :police:

The discussion of silicone injections is against site rules, further derailment of this person's topic will result in warning levels being issued

Topic reopened

Thank you

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Paula1

Hi members,

I arrived back from Spain on Sunday after an eventful trip.

I met up with Jenny Bowman from 'Jenny's Nest' a few times, enjoyed her company and patients at an evening BBQ she held.

I even managed a swim in the pool there which was great.

Last Wednesday, Dr Bellinga administered some steroid injections to my upper lip lift scar and right hand side of my nose which were very painful.

The healing is progressing quite well but it's going to take quite a few more months before everything settles down.

I am going back again in October for more injections and review.

I would never go down there again in mid summer because it was way too hot for me. One day it was 40C/104F and I felt exhausted the whole time. The heat also made me bad tempered.

It has taken me three days back in the UK to recover. Many of us Brits cannot take this kind of heat.

Take care

Paula

Quote from: Paula1 on July 15, 2016, 04:11:43 AM
On Sunday I fly down to Spain for a week and on Wednesday will be seeing Dr Bellinga and Dr Simon for a check-up.

I have a few questions to ask in relation to my healing so I am looking forward to the meeting.

Also it will be good to meet up again with Jenny and Nicola at Jenny's Nest.

I am looking forward to the break from everything.

Have a good weekend everyone  ... :)
  •  

deeiche

Quote from: Paula1 on July 27, 2016, 09:05:06 AM
Hi members,
SNIP
I would never go down there again in mid summer because it was way too hot for me. One day it was 40C/104F and I felt exhausted the whole time. The heat also made me bad tempered.

It has taken me three days back in the UK to recover. Many of us Brits cannot take this kind of heat.

Take care

Paula
I guess you haven't visited Albuquerque in the summer either, eh?  Since end of June it has been over 100 a lot this summer, with almost no rainfall.
"It's only money, not life or death"
  •  

Paula1

Hiya,

Late May is the latest that I have stayed in ABQ but I found the heat quite tolerable because of the low humidity.

Marbella was very humid when I was there ....  :(

Quote from: deeiche on July 27, 2016, 09:12:36 AM
I guess you haven't visited Albuquerque in the summer either, eh?  Since end of June it has been over 100 a lot this summer, with almost no rainfall.
  •  

deeiche

Quote from: Paula1 on July 27, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
Hiya,

Late May is the latest that I have stayed in ABQ but I found the heat quite tolerable because of the low humidity.

Marbella was very humid when I was there ....  :(
yep, end of May is <10% humidity, July - Sept is our "monsoon" season.  Most houses here cool with evaporative coolers, which don't work well during monsoon.

Glad to hear you made it back to cool weather UK.
"It's only money, not life or death"
  •  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my healing progress and eyebrows.

I went up to see Lisa at April's Touch in London yesterday afternoon to finalise the plan to improve my eyebrows in terms of shape and size. We experimented with my eyebrow pencil.

Instead of having my existing eyebrows removed totally by electrolysis, she is going to tattoo below the existing hairs which will not only make them thicker (they are way too thin anyway) but will make them lower. Additionally she will also tattoo within the existing hair as the hair density is presently quite sparse due to my age. The benefit of this treatment apart from the much improved appearance is that I will no longer need to use eyebrow pencil for some considerable time which I find harsh and unattractive anyway. With older people like myself fading takes place much slower and a top up tattoo may be only needed once every two to three years or even longer.

It will take three sessions to get the brows right from this coming November to January.

Lisa also thought that the upper lip lift scar was much improved since she last saw me in July nearly 6 weeks ago which is good. When you look at it yourself every day, you hardly see any difference !!!!

I look forward to posting fotos once the treatment is done.

Take care one and all.

Paula

Quote from: Paula1 on July 10, 2016, 03:01:12 AM
Morning everyone,

My trip to London to see Facial Team and Dr Capitan on Thursday went well and it was good to meet one of the post-op patients who was staying at Jenny's Nest at the same time as me.

Dr Capitan said I was healing very well and I look forward to seeing Dr Bellinga and Dr Simon in Marbella in ten days time.

One of FT's patients Merryn is featured on their website who has had this same procedure.

My eyebrows were on the high side prior to my April surgery but are even higher now due to the latest coronal incision.

So a few weeks beforehand, I will get electrolysis to remove the existing brows.

Also April's Touch will improve the appearance of the old direct brow lift scars by micro needling them and colour in the white scars so they are far less visible.

So all in all, it was a good day.

Paula
  •  

reborn

Hmmm, I think that your current eyebrows position is too high and unnatural looking. I don't think it is a good idea to make your existing eyebrows thicker. You need to lower them at least 7- 10 mm. I am sorry for being this direct, but the only thing about your face that needs corrections are your eyebrows, and I think it would be dishonest to tell you what you want to hear.
  •  

I Am Jess

You have been through so much.  I hope everything heals the way you are hoping.  Hugs to you.
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Celia0428

Quote from: reborn on August 16, 2016, 09:14:27 AM
Hmmm, I think that your current eyebrows position is too high and unnatural looking. I don't think it is a good idea to make your existing eyebrows thicker. You need to lower them at least 7- 10 mm.
I totally agree with this.
  •