Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula1

Hiya,

Thank you so much.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: I Am Jess on August 16, 2016, 10:17:16 AM
You have been through so much.  I hope everything heals the way you are hoping.  Hugs to you.
  •  

Paula1

Hi reborn and Celia0428,

Thank you for your comments and concerns.

I would agree with you entirely based on the fotos on here that were taken about a week after surgery but the eyebrows have dropped dramatically since due to the swelling going down.

Since May, I have not posted any recent fotos because I still don't look anywhere near my best.

In 2004, I looked pretty crappy for at least 10 months post surgery and it's the same this time 

I will have some more fotos taken in the autumn and then you will see what I mean.

I am seeing Facial Team again in October/November down in Spain and will also discuss this with them.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Celia0428 on August 16, 2016, 02:58:50 PM
I totally agree with this.
  •  

anjaq

I would wait with the eyebrows until your face has settled after the FFS - if you say last time it took 10 months, I would give it that time or a full year to settle completely and then make a judgement about the eyebrows and repositioning them. Otherwise maybe the face would still change after a while during healing and its not the right thing again.

I am a bit worried now about eyebrows and FFS. I did electrolysis on my eyebrows and had them shaped, but I did not have FFS before. Now I consider FFS and wonder if they would change too much by this.

•  

Paula1

Hiya,

Thank you, that's very good advice.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: anjaq on August 17, 2016, 05:50:20 AM
I would wait with the eyebrows until your face has settled after the FFS - if you say last time it took 10 months, I would give it that time or a full year to settle completely and then make a judgement about the eyebrows and repositioning them. Otherwise maybe the face would still change after a while during healing and its not the right thing again.

I am a bit worried now about eyebrows and FFS. I did electrolysis on my eyebrows and had them shaped, but I did not have FFS before. Now I consider FFS and wonder if they would change too much by this.
  •  

KarmaGirl

Hi Paula, I just wanted to send you hugs!  I hope things get resolved sooner than later. I can already see, there are some amazing women on here giving you the best advice.

Let us know how things progress.
  •  

Paula1

Hi KG,

Thank you so much.

Lots of hugs going your way too.

I am seeing Facial Team in Marbella this November and I have lots to discuss with them.

Take care and well done on your great result.

Paula

Quote from: KarmaGirl on September 01, 2016, 04:09:54 PM
Hi Paula, I just wanted to send you hugs!  I hope things get resolved sooner than later. I can already see, there are some amazing women on here giving you the best advice.

Let us know how things progress.
  •  

anjaq

Quote from: Paula1 on September 02, 2016, 06:41:01 AM
I am seeing Facial Team in Marbella this November and I have lots to discuss with them.
Oh - so you are planning on more procedures with them?

•  

Paula1

Hiya,

Just hairgrafting to replace the damaged hair from the 2014 surgery done in London.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: anjaq on September 03, 2016, 05:41:06 AM
Oh - so you are planning on more procedures with them?
  •  

Rachel

Good luck healing. I look forward to your updates.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Paula1

Thank you Rachel,

Quite a long way to go yet but I will get there I am sure.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Rachel Lynn on September 05, 2016, 03:12:03 PM
Good luck healing. I look forward to your updates.
  •  

R R H

Quote from: bunny girl on May 16, 2016, 07:00:59 PM
Sorry to hijack the threat but isn't Facial Team extremely slow in replying to messages? Is there someone other than Lilia who can handle external communication?

They have been very slow getting back to me. Kind of puts me off tbh.

It's great to read how they have transformed your negative experiences, Paula, into such a positive outcome.
  •  

Paula1

Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear that FT have been slow getting back to you.

I have heard that they are incredibly busy.

Is it your plan to travel to Spain or see them at one of their overseas consultations?

Thank you for your comment re my outcome.

Take care

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: Rachel Richenda on September 25, 2016, 01:50:49 PM
They have been very slow getting back to me. Kind of puts me off tbh.

It's great to read how they have transformed your negative experiences, Paula, into such a positive outcome.
  •  

reborn

Hi Paula,
I was thinking about your eyebrows and I think i have a perfect solution for you. Have you ever thought about hair transplants to change the position of your eyebrows. I think it will look way more natural than tattoo
  •  

Paula1

Hiya,

Thank you for your suggestion ...  :)

That is an option I have been considering and will discuss it with Facial Team next month in Marbella.

The biggest problem is the visible old direct brow lift scars that sit just above the brows.

That 1991 procedure has caused me more grief than any other I have had ... G' rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... >:(

In November, Lisa from April's Touch ( http://www.aprils-touch.com/ ) is going to work on the scars here in London by microneedling especially the left hand one ( which is worse ) and see if by flattening them and also adding colour to the skin will make them look less obvious. They might land up looking like natural creases.

It's a question of a step at a time to see how the scars look after this treatment.

Also the left hand one scar is more recessed and next year when I get my hair grafting done Facial Team are going to put filler or fat in there to make the scar less obvious. Fillers and fat have to be periodically renewed I gather.

The brows have dropped a lot since the April surgery and they may not need repositioning at all. Adding just a few more hair grafts to the bottom of the brows ( to make them look lower) I have been thinking about too so there's quite a lot of options to discuss with both April's Touch and Facial Team.

Also there is the option of tattooing as well as hair grafts to improve the overall shape and appearance of the brows. At present the brows are on the thin side so making them thicker will benefit them greatly.

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: reborn on October 09, 2016, 07:29:36 AM
Hi Paula,
I was thinking about your eyebrows and I think i have a perfect solution for you. Have you ever thought about hair transplants to change the position of your eyebrows. I think it will look way more natural than tattoo
  •  

reborn

I have experience with treating depressed scars with dermal fillers and they are very effective treatment. I had permanent filler injected and it made the scar much less obvious. Also I had permanent make up over the scar and it is almost invisible now. I think you will succeed with that kind of treatment. I would just go for permanent filler instead of fat or HA based fillers. I wish you success and please inform us how it goes. When are you planning of sharing photos of your new face? I would love to see your eyebrows and give you my honest opinion
  •  

anjaq

Are there any permanent fillers that are turely safe? I know some use Silicone, but it is not really considered safe even if it is high quality.

•  

JaniceNL

Lipofilling is considered a safe filling method. I would definately stay away from sillicone regardless of what some people or doctors say. Lipofilling is permanent but only around 70% of the fat stays so it's usually done twice. There is a lot of stuff on google about it... maybe something to consider.
  •  

Paula1

Hi Reborn, JaniceNL and Anjaq ....  :)

Thank you for your comments and kind advice.

I will discuss fillers/fat/eyebrow position when I see Facial Team in less than three weeks now.

I am not ready to show fotos yet of my face as being a perfectionist, I want to look my best when I do post them. My upper lip lift scar on one side is still slightly raised ( the other side is virtually invisible now ) but it's improving all the time.

I might have some more Kenalog injected in this scar ( and on one side of my nose) once again when I am down in Marbella (if its needed) and lasering/dry needling to the ULL and open rhinoplasty scars might possibly be needed in due course.

I also have what looks like a spitting stitch right under my nose where the open rhinoplasty incision was made and it's driving me bonkers as it looks like a pimple. It's not a pimple as it's below the surface of the skin.

But I am only 6 months post-up and healing is still far from over, so I am trying to be patient which at my ripe old age I find increasingly difficult ..... LOL    ;D

My eyebrow position is so much better now than it was just after surgery and with a little tweaking here and there, I know we will get it right as far as it is possible.

To think that I started my FFS journey over twelve years ago and here we are still sorting it out after all the previous surgery. But c'est la vie.

However I am in good company as I am not the only member on here who has undergone major FFS revision surgery.

Hugs

Paula

•  

KarmaGirl

Hang in there Paula! We are all rooting for you!  HUGS!!!
  •  

Paula1

Hiya ....   :)

Thanks honeybun .... :-*

I hope all is going well with you.

Hugs

Paula  xx

Quote from: KarmaGirl on October 31, 2016, 03:48:56 PM
Hang in there Paula! We are all rooting for you!  HUGS!!!
  •