News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaylorLeigh

Hi Janice

Regarding lipofilling, have you had it done yourself? Of the 4 (very reputable) FFS surgeons I've approached, two favor silicone or medpor cheek implants, one favors lipofilling to cheeks, and one suggested nothing.

If 70% is realistic (only 30% absorption), then I'll definitely consider it.

Thanks!

- Taylor
  •  

transtastic

Hi Paula, how are things going? It has been so long since you posted here. I hope things are turning out well,
you've had a lot to go through... I just noticed your video on facial teams youtube is not up anymore,
I hope nothing bad has happened with surgery or in life otherwise? Take care, you strong person :)
  •  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

Wow cannot believe that it's many months since I last posted on here. 2017 healthwise was my 'Annus Horribilis' but I am fully fit again.

Anyway, here's my update.

From November 2016 to February 2017, I had microneedling done to my upper lip lift scar, the incision beneath my nose especially the pimple looking area right beneath the nose.

This work was carried out by Lisa Lefever from April's Touch during her visits to London.

Due to my illness, I was unable to see her again last year.

On Thursday last week I attended Facial Team's consultations in London for a follow up with Dr Simon.

Lisa was there too as well as Dr Capitan.

My revision forehead surgery has fully settled down now and my complex nose surgery performed by Dr Bellinga (at the same time as the forehead surgery) looks great.

The upper lip scar is invisible now thanks to the excellent surgery by Dr B and Lisa's Scar treatment.

The pimple needs one more treatment by Lisa and then should become invisible.

In November, I am travelling back to Marbella for a hair grafting session to replace grafts damaged during the 2014 revision surgery at London's Chelsea & Westminster Hospital.

Lisa will be in Spain at this time and will carry out some more microneedling to the pimple scar.

My hair grafting would have been done last autumn but my poor health intervened!!

Facial Team and Lisa have done a great job and I am so happy that I found them both.

My best wishes to you all.

Hugs

Paula xx

•  

Paula1

Quote from: transtastic on March 12, 2017, 07:18:01 AM
Hi Paula, how are things going? It has been so long since you posted here. I hope things are turning out well,
you've had a lot to go through... I just noticed your video on facial teams youtube is not up anymore,
I hope nothing bad has happened with surgery or in life otherwise? Take care, you strong person :)

Hi honeybun,

Just spotted your post and thank you.

All is well now many thanks.

I had FT remove my YouTube video but hey might do another one some day.

Take care.

Hugs

Paula xx
  •  

Paula1

Hi all,

Wow it's hot and humid here in London.

Probably the warmest May on record...😎 and often warmer than down in Marbella.

Laura, Facial Team's Patient Coordinator who has been looking after me for the last couple of years, yesterday confirmed my hair grafting date this coming November.

I always flew from Gatwick with Monarch Airlines and was very sad when they went bust last year primarily as a result of falling sales due to Brexit and the weak pound !!! They were a good airline.

So after some research I have booked with British Airways and this time I am flying to Malaga from Heathrow which is actually more convenient for me. Also by booking six months in advance, I have got a great deal for £95.80 return inc one checked bag at 23kg in addition to the carry on. I will reserve seats later today which costs a little more. Heathrow is usually a more expensive airport to fly from and I thought paying around £160.00 last time from Gatwick was a good deal!!

I am going for just over two weeks as I need a break from last year's traumas.

I will probably stay at the Hotel San Cristobal in Marbella which I have used before and is excellent value, especially off season and with good food.

Really looking forward to seeing all my Facial Team friends again and my other friends down there.

Enjoy the summer everyone

Paula xx

•  

Paula1

Just sent my 20% deposit to FT and what a difference 2 years has made in terms of £ Sterling's value in relation to the Euro .... 😡

In 2016 the rate was 1.2741 and today it is 1.13690 !!

Once again I have used Transferwise who are brilliant in saving money sent overseas as against banks etc. I have saved £37.26 compared to most banks.

The money left my bank account yesterday May 31st and will arrive in FT's bank account today June 1st.

Another important loss to UK citizens once we leave the EU is no longer having the European Health Insurance Card which will leave us very vulnerable if we require health treatment in EU countries and vice versa for EU citizens coming here to the UK.

Expensive Travel Insurance will be a must in future and paying up front for medical treatment in most cases.

Weak pound = dearer holidays abroad.

Weak pound = dearer FFS and other surgeries for us if we go overseas.

Now Trump has started a Trade War !!!

We live in a very volatile world....🤔

However let's look on the bright side of life.

It isn't all bad 😉😉

Hugs

Paula

•  

Paula1

Reserved my seats today and was the first one on both flights to do so.

For an extra £56 it was well worth doing as being tall I now have seats with extra leg room.

The final amount came to £151.80 about the same that I paid Monarch nearly 2 years ago and from a better and more expensive airport.

It really pays (if you can) to book early.

Enjoy the weekend everyone wherever you are and whatever you are doing ....😀

Paula xx

•  

Kendra

Paula, best wishes on your latest adventure!  And enjoy the weather in Marbella. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Paula1

Quote from: Kendra on June 02, 2018, 02:41:46 AM
Paula, best wishes on your latest adventure!  And enjoy the weather in Marbella.

Hi Kendra,

Thank you very much.

Yes, I am really looking forward to going back to Spain 🇪🇸 this November.

I was there in November 2016 for my second check up and it was still pleasantly warm.

My first check up was in July that year and at 41C (105.8F) it was too hot.

You have picked a great time of year to have your surgery.

There are so many good restaurants in Marbella and reasonably priced too.

An Argentinian restaurant in Old Town Marbella named Tanguito is especially good.

You must be heading home soon so may I wish you a safe journey back 'Across the Pond'. 🇺🇸

Take care and happy healing.

Hugs

Paula

•  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

Stunning May and June here in the UK with record temperatures ... 😎

Seeing Kendra's hair grafting result in her FFS thread, looks like I will be in good hands.

Only just a few months to go .... 😀
  •  

Paula1

Sitting down relaxing over some coffee and cake 🍰  in a Cafe Rouge restaurant.

Looking at Kendra's result, cannot help thinking that Facial Team are awesome surgeons.

27 months on, they sure did a great job on all my revisions and maybe one day, I will share my fotos once again with you all.

Still amazingly hot here in the UK 🇬🇧, long may it continue ... 😎
  •  

Kendra

Countdown to your hair grafts in November, I bet you're excited!  Having hair grafts in autumn/winter is a good decision, less worry about too much direct sunlight or drying out the transplant site. 

I was in Arizona earlier this week for different surgeries (labiaplasty and breast augmentation), trying to be careful in insanely hot weather with transplants that are less than two months old. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Paula1

Quote from: Kendra on July 15, 2018, 03:53:52 PM

>>>Hi Kendra,

Countdown to your hair grafts in November, I bet you're excited!

>>>Sure am👍

Having hair grafts in autumn/winter is a good decision, less worry about too much direct sunlight or drying out the transplant site. 

>>>I agree. My first session was in December 2004 which was 10 months after my original FFS in Chicago. The surgeon was Dr Paul Cotterill from Toronto and he is still one of the finest hair grafting surgeons in the world. My second session was in June 2005 with him and the 3rd and final session was in July 2006 when 🇮🇹 Italy won the World Cup. There were loads of very handsome Italian guys roaming the streets and I even had dinner with one of them. But that's a different story...😉

I was in Arizona earlier this week for different surgeries (labiaplasty and breast augmentation), trying to be careful in insanely hot weather with transplants that are less than two months old.

>>> Well I trust that went well despite the heat. I have experienced Arizona and New Mexico heat many times when visiting my dear friend Johanna from Albuquerque. I love desert country and she and I have done countless road trips together. I am hoping to return next year and maybe we could meet up?

>>>Take care and continual happy healing.

>>>Hugs

>>>Paula xxx

•  

Paula1

Hi members,

Hope you are enjoying summer.

Just come back from a trip to Italy 🇮🇹 in the River Po valley area around Milan and Pavia.

I swore that I would never go to Southern Europe in July/August again due to the high temperatures. It was 41C/106F at times when I was in Marbella in July 2016 for a checkup. It was nearly that two weeks ago in Italy and together with  the high humidity, mosquitoes etc it was not pleasant at all. The area is the major rice growing part of the country, hence lots of water and mossies ...😱 But I persevered and overall had a good time. The food is awesome and the culture and architecture is simply awesome.

The city dwellers in these inland towns disappear to the coast throughout August and the traffic is negligible which makes travelling by car or taxi a lot easier.

The whole of Europe and the 🇬🇧 UK have had a record breaking summer and other parts of the world too.

Anyway counting down to the days when I head off to Spain 🇪🇸 in a few weeks time, at least it will be cooler. 😀

Have a good fall/autumn 😎
  •  

Kendra

Three more months!  I am excited for you - and yes, the weather will be nicer when you're in Marbella this November.  I wish I could be there. 
  •  

Paula1

Quote from: Kendra on August 30, 2018, 06:28:24 AM
Three more months!  I am excited for you - and yes, the weather will be nicer when you're in Marbella this November.  I wish I could be there.

Thanks Kendra 😀 xx
  •  

Paula1

Hi everyone,

It's now two and a half years since my remedial facial surgery with FT and even now after all this time, like a good bottle of wine, my face is improving.

The very difficult nose revisions that Dr Bellinga carried out are simply awesome.

There has been some criticism of his work on here which surprises me as his credentials and experience are second to none.

My previous rather piggy nose has been dramatically improved by taking cartilage from behind both ears. It looks far more natural as it was originally before my 2004 rhinoplasty and is in better balance with my face.

The forehead work by Drs Simon and Capitan has fully settled down and looks great. My eyebrows have dropped and look fine.

Looking forward to climbing aboard the flight to Malaga in November for my final hair grafting session in Marbella.

Have a wonderful autumn 🍂 folks

Hugs

Paula
  •  

reborn

your nose looked great even after the surgery. I am really interested in your eyebrows. Do you plan to post some recent pictures?
  •  

Paula1

Hiya,

Good to hear from you again 😀

Thank you regarding my nose.

I am still thinking about posting any more pictures as I really am stealth nowadays.

But I can promise you the eyebrows really do look good and their position I am quite happy with and that's all that really counts at the end of the day.

I might get Lisa from Aprils Touch to extend them a little but will be advised by her expert knowledge and experience.

Take care

Hugs

Paula

Quote from: reborn on October 09, 2018, 12:14:57 PM
your nose looked great even after the surgery. I am really interested in your eyebrows. Do you plan to post some recent pictures?
  •  

reborn

that is a great news. I am very happy for you  ;D
  •