News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

FFS with Facial Team - Wed April 6th 2016

Started by Paula1, November 27, 2015, 07:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula1

Hi Stephanie,

See you arrived safely in Orlando, well done. Sleep well later.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 16, 2018, 03:26:06 PM
Very interesting! Did she say why just those specific seasons?

I cannot recall unfortunately but I do know that hair grows better in the spring and maybe taking them later before winter is beneficial. 

They gave me a box of them, but they weren't enough to cover the entire time they recommended, so I ordered another box, which puts me about 50% beyond their recommendations. I may just continue taking them indefinitely, along with the finasteride and the minoxidil. Also looking into one of those laser helmets. The doc I originally had my consultation with (can't remember his name off-hand) said they were originally skeptical, but have decided they're actually helpful, along with Platelet Rich Plasma injections.

Everything helps 😀

Take care

Paula

Stephanie
  •  

Paula1

Happy New Year everyone.

Had my hair cut earlier today as it grows quite rapidly and I last had it done by my hairdresser 7 weeks ago just before leaving for Spain.

She stayed clear of the hair surrounding my new grafts so as not to disturb any.

It doesn't appear that any have fallen out as they are growing nicely and it's now 6 weeks and 3 days since the surgery.

When I gently touch them, they feel like a crewcut which I once had many years ago ... 😂

Over the last week or so I have been getting itchiness in the scalp around the donor site so as instructed in my post op instructions, I contacted Facial Team's post op team.

They said it's a consequence of the inflammatory process. The tissues after stretching have to recover their position and one of the consequences is itchiness and dryness. They said if it's accompanied by dehydration, there are special pharmacy products to hydrate the scalp and recommended Neutrogena T/Gel which I have just commenced using.

I'll let you know how I get on and post a foto in the next few days of my scalp just after the procedure.

Have a great weekend ... 😀

•  

Kendra

That's great Paula!  Sounds like success so far.

Seems just a few days ago you were showing me & Steph2.0 old town Marbella.  Has it already been more than a month?!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Hi Paula,

Friday was a month since I was on the table. It seems that some of the grafts in the corners have shed so I'll have to wait until the regrowth cycle on those. The ones in the front feel like Velcro, so I have to be careful about getting close to fuzzy things so I don't get stuck and make a loud ripping noise to get loose. The last scab on the back incision came off on Friday, so it's fairly smooth now. My scalp is starting to loosen up from its previous drum-tightness. The forward part of my scalp, just behind the grafts, was pretty sore until the last few days, but feels pretty good now. No itchiness so far, but I'm a week or two behind you, so we'll see.

The rest of the procedures are healing fairly well, though I'm a little disappointed in the lip lift. At this point it feels like they were a little too conservative, and I wish they'd taken a few more millimeters out. But my nose is still swollen, so I'm hoping that as it goes down it will raise the lip just a bit more.

I'd had two different concerns: they would either make things worse, or would be so conservative that there would be no discernible improvement. The first concern wasn't a problem. I'm still not sure about the second. I can see that the nose is smaller, so I'll just have to wait on that. The lip is what it is...

I'm so glad to hear that you haven't had any loss. That's awesome!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Paula1

Hi Kendra,

Happy New Year.

Quote from: Kendra on January 06, 2019, 08:31:58 PM
That's great Paula! 

Thank you

Sounds like success so far.

I hope so

Seems just a few days ago you were showing me & Steph2.0 old town Marbella.  Has it already been more than a month?!

It's scary how time flies. Yep that lovely evening we spent together was just over 5 weeks ago.

Take care

Paula xx
  •  

Paula1

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 06, 2019, 09:05:23 PM
Hi Paula,

Hi Stephanie,

Happy New Year.

Friday was a month since I was on the table. It seems that some of the grafts in the corners have shed so I'll have to wait until the regrowth cycle on those. The ones in the front feel like Velcro, so I have to be careful about getting close to fuzzy things so I don't get stuck and make a loud ripping noise to get loose. The last scab on the back incision came off on Friday, so it's fairly smooth now. My scalp is starting to loosen up from its previous drum-tightness. The forward part of my scalp, just behind the grafts, was pretty sore until the last few days, but feels pretty good now. No itchiness so far, but I'm a week or two behind you, so we'll see

Thank you for your update. Don't worry about some of the grafts going into resting phase, it's quite normal. Velcro is a great description and yes be careful getting too close to fuzzy things ... 😉

The rest of the procedures are healing fairly well, though I'm a little disappointed in the lip lift. At this point it feels like they were a little too conservative, and I wish they'd taken a few more millimeters out. But my nose is still swollen, so I'm hoping that as it goes down it will raise the lip just a bit more.

It is very early days still and I remember back in 2016 that I had concerns like your's. It does take quite a long time for the final result to be seen. With me it was 12 months at least.

I'd had two different concerns: they would either make things worse, or would be so conservative that there would be no discernible improvement. The first concern wasn't a problem. I'm still not sure about the second. I can see that the nose is smaller, so I'll just have to wait on that. The lip is what it is...

Please don't worry too much. From your photos that I have seen, you look fine and it will only get better. You can always get a revision to your lip lift at a later date if you are still not happy. Better to have too little tissue removed than too much. After all my FFS experiences, cosmetic surgery is such a difficult art.

I'm so glad to hear that you haven't had any loss. That's awesome!

Thank you honeybun.

Stephanie

Look after yourself and following your chronicles, you are enjoying life.

Hugs

Paula xx
  •