Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Can I change the forum "skin"?

Started by captains, December 02, 2015, 08:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captains

I'd like to browse Susan's in my free time at work, but the forum header, while beautiful, makes it pretty hard for me to peruse stealthily. Does anyone know if I can change the skin or something so that the forum looks more visually bland to the person behind me who's casually spying on my laptop screen? Thanks!  ;D
- cameron
  •  

Mariah

Let me check what you can change. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Mariah

If anything can be adjusted i would have to be done in your browser. I don't see any options otherwise. Sorry. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

captains

Thanks for checking, Mariah! :) Do you know off-handedly if/how I can change it in my browser? If not, no worries, of course.
- cameron
  •  

Mariah

•  

captains

No problem at all! I can google it (or accept that I'd be better off just doing my work instead of browsing the forums).  :D Thanks again.
- cameron
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: captains on December 02, 2015, 10:27:36 AM
Thanks for checking, Mariah! :) Do you know off-handedly if/how I can change it in my browser? If not, no worries, of course.

Depends on your browser, but in IE you go to settings/internet options/advanced/ and uncheck the box that says "show pictures" then save your changes, refresh the page and the beautiful header is gone.  :icon_cry2:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

I_Am_Hazel

I hope it is acceptable to bump this thread with an easy solution, should anyone else have the same issue.

The only requirement is that you install uBlock Origin, and of course a browser that supports it. Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and a number of others.

To block the header, right-click on the uBlock Origin icon in your toolbar and select "block element". This will allow you to mouse over the header image, click it, and block it. Preview the change to make sure you have done it right; the header (and the header alone) should disappear.

Hazel
  •