Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Phoenix Area Pride run

Started by Jennilyn, December 15, 2015, 04:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennilyn

Hi everyone, I'm Jenni! I just wanted to post about the pride run in my area on April 2nd!! and see if there was anyone planning to attend? :D Here's the link, if you didn't know about it!

https://priderun.phxfr.org/
Sometimes it feels like life is an uphill race, sometimes it feels like a losing battle, but we need to shine on. No matter who's trying to turn off our light.
  •  

kittenpower

I might sign up for the 10k; which event are you interested in?
  •  

Jennilyn

Definitely the 10k! I've not done it before but my HRT docs go every year and they say it's a blast!
Sometimes it feels like life is an uphill race, sometimes it feels like a losing battle, but we need to shine on. No matter who's trying to turn off our light.
  •  

Dena

Last time I did anything like that was when I was in Boy Scouts and did 10 and 20 mile hikes. I walk 2 miles most every day but I am not sure how I would hold up running.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jennilyn

I'm currently conditioning myself for it! I'm up to 2 miles running and 10 miles walking, so I'm getting there lol..

The nice thing about the pride run though is that its a run or walk! So they give you 3 hours to finish the 10k which is about 6 miles, so a moderate 3mph walk will finish it just fine! :)
  •  

Jamie_06

Ooh! I'll have to attend this (assuming my work schedule permits, of course), and I'll mention it to my girlfriend as well. Thanks for sharing.
  •  

Jennilyn

•