Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Who likes some classic TV sitcoms?

Started by redhot1, December 18, 2015, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhot1

Who here likes some classic TV sitcoms like Full House, Family Matters or older like Happy Days?
  •  

Amy413

Love 'em!
Especially now, the way thy did them is a lost art.
It's cheaper to film now on location with high tech smaller equipment, so the older style of the studio set is fading away.

It's more recent, but 'That 70's show' was one of the last of the classics.
But shows like WKRP, MASH, Benson, Silver Spoons, Growing Pains, Home Improvement .... met Tim Allen once.... Great Guy!!!!!! Down to earth, regular person.

And Full House, great show! totally oddball.
  •  

Colleen M

I loved WKRP, Barney Miller, and Hogan's Heroes.  I agree completely about how they don't do it like that anymore with just a couple of sets and I really miss the art of those old shows. 
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

kittenpower

I love the classic sitcoms, even going back as far as "I love Lucy", "The Andy Griffith Show", etc.
  •  

MelloYellowSurge

I love classic sitcoms. I really wanna catch up on WKRP in Cincinnati but I definitely remember some of the sitcoms from the 90's, like Full House and Family Matters. I also don't mind turning on Cheers or M*A*S*H once in a while. I haven't binge-watched M*A*S*H from beginning to end but I suspect that if I did I would be crying my eyes out. But if it's any show that could make me laugh my butt off it's All in the Family. Needless to say, my favourite episode was the one with Sammy Davis Jr.
  •  

GingerMaxim

OMG I love all those shows... I miss them...

Bewitched

Welcome Back Kotter
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island

Hawaii 50

Swat

Bonanza

Adam 12
  •  

V M

I don't watch much TV anymore so this topic is bringing back some great memories from when I use to watch something besides late night comedy talk shows, the news and a few movies etc.

Ayyyyye!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jenny07

Anything but politics is better than the never ending reality nonsense on TV

British sitcom like
Slackbladder
Flowery twats
Allo Allo
Yes Minister

So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

GingerMaxim

As do I. I guess in my youth I watched alot of TV.

But I loved shows like Hawaii 50 and Swat and McMillan and Wife, stuff like that.

I can't remember all of them but I watched alot.

Ginger
  •