Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Need advice comming out

Started by spacesword, February 01, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacesword

okay so I come from a very religious family and I feel like if I don't come out I'll explode. I know my Mom won't abuse me or anything but I am a bit nervous about her reaction. I mean how do you explain to a 65 year old that you don't feel female or at least fully so?(I'm still confused at that.)

I'm 20 and this isn't going to get any easier with age, I learned that at seventeen.

any suggestions?
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. Every case is different and if you aren't already, you need to become knowledgable about your condition so you can deal with any arguments that come up. It may not work and we have cases of people not being accepted. There are letter in the Wiki areas of the site but most are intended for somebody younger than you. I wrote a letter I normally reserve for children with hard to deal with parents but you may be able to extract something useful out of it. The link will take you to it. If you have more questions, post them on this thread and we will do our best to answer them.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,190312.0.html

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: spacesword on February 01, 2016, 05:06:25 PM
I mean how do you explain to a 65 year old that you don't feel female or at least fully so?

"Mom, you probably know that there are people called "transgender" who were born needing to be a different gender than their body sex. I'm one of those people. We can't help it. It doesn't go away on its own and no one has found a way to change us. It is a serious condition. Severe anxiety and depression result from people who ignore it.

I need to figure out how I'm going to live with this condition, since it is very real. I don't mean to hurt you, but there's no way things can stay the way they are."

Do you thing something like that might work?
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •