Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Crossdressers on HRT

Started by TechGirl, December 27, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cristina6x

Hey TechGirl!

I am Cristina and I am 27 years old and am genderqueer, genderfluid, and transgender (non-binary) and also am a sweet transvestite and a crossdresser for 10 years. What these words may fail to convey is that I was assigned male at birth, was socialized to be a boy and a man, but now I reject this limited societal definition of gender and opt for the more expansive term of "genderqueer" or "intergender", which for me is inclusive of attributes of men, women, and everything in-between.

TechGirl, I validate your gender identity as a transgender woman, and am in solidarity with you and your experience. I think it is so important that we accept each other for who we are and not get bogged down in the gender terminology. I say we are all part of one big human family and we need to support each other across the lines of social division such as sex, gender, race, class, sexuality, religion, etc.

In response to what you said about you not transitioning, I say that not all transgender people choose to or are able to transition medically or socially, and this does not make them any less transgender! For me, transgender is a state of mind, which is as much a product of our external experience as our internal biology, and whether one chooses to identify as transgender or to start hormone replacement therapy is a personal choice that I generally support. I think it is also perfectly acceptable to be unsure, questioning, or exploring these ideas, identities, and lifestyles.

Tomorrow I am going to start taking hormones to try and make my appearance more feminine, and while I do not wish to become a woman, which I see as just another box to be thrown into like boy/man/male, I do hope my body changes, i.e. by growing breasts and softer skin, and that my mind psychologically changes, i.e. growing in ability to experience emotional depth. I am not certain taking hormones will achieve this completely, though I suspect it will make me look and feel closer to how I would like to look and feel. After weighing the risks and the benefits, I am finally at peace with the uncertainty and willing to step forward and try something new in search of greater happiness it may bring. Is it okay to be uncertain? Certainly! :)

In case you or anyone else in this thread is interested, I wrote a gender zine for cisgender (non-transgender) folks to educate themselves with about transgender identity and transgender issues. Feel free to free read and distribute the zine, which can be accessed electronically for free here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hJ16OBapc6vs1i1wdsFNG9BgkXNm51VjrQAgXrx7YEQ/edit?usp=sharing

Having said all that, I wish you the best of luck in your life journey forward from here, and hope that you may find happiness and peace in all paths.

<3,
Tina
  •  

TechGirl

Thank you Tina.   I've saved the zine to my Google Docs,  will give it a read.
  •  

Jenni Carpathia

Hi TechGirl...we probably have much in common.  I recently (last March) "revealed" or more accurately "was revealed" to my wife of 16 years that I am basically a CD/TV and bisexual.  It's actually kind of a funny story...now.  Yes, we are still together although she is still processing all of this, including my desire to potentially pursue HRT.  In a "perfect" world, I would, although with obligations/commitments to others and a HS aged son, I've sort of squelched any immediate action other than looking into possible therapy, and working on my makeup skills...at least for now. It's kind of easy to do that as I've been suppressing what I am and desire to be, all my life.  Though it does take its toll in terms of internal stress and perhaps, inherent happiness.

On the bright side, she has bought me some clothes and let me wear some of her clothing / jewelry and been out with me.  In fact I've lent her some bracelets she liked and I no longer have to hide my wardrobe in the basement (though my kid is unaware as of now, teens have enough issues growing up without dealing with their parents junk also).  But in all seriousness, I'm not sure where the future would go if I pursued HRT.  Being viewed as a "little kinky" by cross dressing and pursuing transition / HRT are quite possibly gamechangers for any relationship.

I'll leave it at that for now for my introductory post here, especially as my iPad's autocorrect is about to give me a stroke. ;)
  •  

Ani

I somehow stumbled on this unique story a few months ago.  I don't see any posts here about Stu Rasmussen, so added a few links below.  Take a look at another variation on the theme  ;D

http://www.sturasmussen.com/realityCheck.htm
http://www.sturasmussen.com/TheTwins.html

After he (that's his pronoun choice, although I doubt he'd care either way) was elected mayor the hateful Westboro Baptist Church went to his town to protest.  The locals showed their support for Stu and counter-protested by crossdressing!

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/silverton_rebuffs_protest_of_t.html

There are many other articles online.

•