Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

From just being a girl to being a transgirl.

Started by Rainbow Bay, January 19, 2016, 03:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow Bay

So today someone I work with told me that she didn't know that I was transgender until someone else told her, after we'd been working together for several months. She was telling me because she thought I would be happy to know that she read me a cisgender (sorry I don't like the term 'to pass' so I'm not going to use i t :) ) But it didn't make me happy, it was kind of sad because I'd gone from just being a girl to being a transgirl, which I'm not ashamed of but I guess implicit in her comment was also that it is better to be read as cisgender rather than as transgender, maybe that's why it didn't feel like a compliment. Anyway, to make matters worse she started to struggle with my pronouns, wtf  ??? . Anyway, it was all a little sad and confusing even though it was meant to make me feel good  :(. I so understand why some people live stealth. 
  •  

Serenation

Yeah it's probably not the best way to look at things, but I always feel devalued in situations like these. I know I should not feel that way and I'm just as equal a person as anyone else.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

Rainbow Bay

Yes, I should really focus on the positive in the situation I suppose. xxx
  •  

Ms Grace

I know what you mean, I'm not specifically hiding that I'm trans at work but I'm also not talking about it either and have never actually said "oh by the way, I'm trans". I really like being one of the girls and the thought of anyone saying any of those things that person said to you being said to me would be pretty depressing.

Quote from: Rainbow Bay on January 19, 2016, 03:05:37 AM
Anyway, to make matters worse she started to struggle with my pronouns, wtf

Yeah, that's a weird one but it happens.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

audreelyn

The worst was when I was hanging out with a few old friends and a few new. One of my old friends slipped up and called me "He" and one of the new people who don't know about my TG status corrected him. Then things got quiet for couple of seconds that seemed to drag on until eternity. Sigh. Yes, these moments happen. Isn't the first, and won't be the last.

Hang in there. You are a valuable human being and a beautiful woman :)

Audree
  •