Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Meditations/Rituals for dealing with dysphoria

Started by Waex, January 22, 2016, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waex

Hi. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with dysphoria from a pagan perspective? Maybe a visualization or a candle burning ritual? Right now the only thing that works is laying down and listening to music. 
"You gotta take life cereal baby!" TDM
  •  

Dena

The only thing that helps for a short time is distraction. Any ritual that requires intense concentration should help as long as you are preforming it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

SophiaBleu

I am currently working on a year long chairs balancing ritual which is coinciding with my transition

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

Laura_7

There are a few things you can do ... it depends on what you feel helps you ...

you can look in the mirror and have a look at the eyes ... it should be those of a girl.
You can use that as reassurance.
Usually it starts from the head going downwards ... eyes, hair growing out ... remember you will reach your goals in time, others have succeded to.

You could imagine yourself as a girl and keep that image, feeling like it. Don't do it too much, just as a reminder.
It can help to feel feminine inside. This can help with gait and mannerism, showing naturally.
As said have patience, you will reach your goals in time.

You can do a few things that help getting in touch with your feminine side... nurturing and creative activities ...
like cooking ... trying out recipes and mixing a few to own recipes ... gardening ... sewing ... being creative ...

*hugs*
  •  

tearsofash

I do the Middle Pillar Ritual astrally and visualize myself in the proper body. It's good for general grounding and reaffirmation.
  •  

Sophia Sage

Devote an altar to Cybele and Janus?

Frankly, the rituals of HRT and electrolysis were much more helpful.
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

Deborah

The only thing that ever worked for me was over exercising to the point of chronic exhaustion and constant low grade physical pain.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •