Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

I called a local lawyer and made an appointment for a mediated divorce conference.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Thessa

To hear all the swearwords my daughter uses to describe her mother. Neither of them deserves this situation. :(
  •  

Dee Marshall

I'm terrified. I don't think I need to explain why.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Elis

They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

V M

I woke up to another day of this stupid messed up world
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Having one of those "WHAT THE **** AM I DOING?!?!?!!!?!" days. Gosh the inner voice won't stop. Decreased performance at work due to that.
  •  

roseyfox

Got blown off by two friends in one day. As my mom yells at me about hanging out with my friends to much. When it the first time i been out in months. More depress then unhappy
I rather not
  •  

GlobalPessimum

I've been procrastinating and lazying about all day today. That's what's getting me down.

Alright, no, the truth is I did do a little bit of work today, doing some research for a potential contracting position. But there wasn't much to do anyway, so I mostly spent my day lying on my couch and fooling around on the internets.

I've left my job a couple of months ago to finish a university course and then have a bit of a holiday, and, well, I'm unemployed for the first time in 6 years and it's doing my head in a bit. I would look for work but there's a chance I might get something new in a few months time and I don't want to start something else just to ditch it as soon as my other (much preferred) option comes up. At the same time, I dont' know if the other option will be open.

It's a bit of a sticky mess. I'm trying to keep myself occupied but it's getting a bit difficult.

Also, need to get out more.

tl;dr: Nothing to do with my time.
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone - John Maynard Keynes.
  •  

Kitty June

I think I'm suffering PTSD from this election. Maybe I'm just terrified and slightly dead inside, but that may be the same
  •  

V M

Feeling concerned for a friend, they are a dear friend whom I hold a great deal of respect for

Unfortunately I fear that they are being "sucked in" by someone who I trust about as much as a weasel in a hen house

There isn't really much I can do but be patient and hope she will see through this other person's destructively controlling nature

One can hope anyway, right?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

clarissa jade

My dad making me angry today,still wont accept Clarissa which is my female side in and won't even try coming to terms about it.My mom told him put the effort in at least.
  •  

FTMDiaries

One of my daughters actually told me that she is a TERF and that Germaine Greer is one of her heroes. I know my daughter is a feminist, so I pointed out that Feminist theory has moved on a heck of a lot since the bra-burning, all-men-are-evil stuff of the 1970s (which was essential back then but times have changed!) and there are far better, more modern, more enlightened feminists than Greer to follow; Greer is stuck in a 1970s time warp. As a feminist my daughter should be in support of all women, shouldn't she?

Her response: "Of course I support all women. I just don't support those who are men".

Crikey moses, you'd think after four years of my transition the girl would have a bit more of a clue, wouldn't you? I chalk it up to teenage rebellion & I don't doubt she'll mature in time. But it's bloody painful at the moment. I went through labour to be subjected to this. :'(

•  

Laura_Squirrel

Even though any potential damage that could be done as far as the current medical insurance situation goes is a few months away at the most. I am terrified about losing access to my medications. If that happens, I am back to where I was a few years ago. If I get thrown back into this situation, I won't be around to see my next birthday. I can't deal with the idea of going back to that hell again.
  •  

Michelle_P

Gatekeeper doctors...

I desperately need letters for a court ordered name & gender change so I can get my papers done before the executive orders that enable this without full SRS and a psych board are cancelled.

Naturally the doc doesn't care about this, or the WPATH standards.

And now I'm about to be saved from the terrible burden of medical insurance.

Not a happy girl today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

mac1

Still having that disgusting thing.
?
  •  

V M

Being reminded that there is more than just one weasel at play

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Just been going through my PM's. It's been a long time.

Realised I never deleted any from Nero.

Damn. Talk about a punch in the gut. You think you can deal with something but when it comes to it, you really can't.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Mariah

Huggles
Quote from: Sephirah on November 24, 2016, 03:08:11 PM
Just been going through my PM's. It's been a long time.

Realised I never deleted any from Nero.

Damn. Talk about a punch in the gut. You think you can deal with something but when it comes to it, you really can't.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

LizK

Being told I cannot change my name because the country I have lived in for the last 30 years still considers me temporary resident except of course for the purposes of paying government taxes and fee's and being a good little citizen. Which I can do as long as I want...I can even retire her and collect the pension I just can't change my name.  I now have to become a citizen of this country which is fine if they grant it...if they don't then I am not sure what I can do, if anything, about it...very very distressing thought at the prospect of never ever being able to be recognized as who I am whilst I continue to live in the country I have called home for 30 years...I have one avenue open to me...I am pursuing this now but it could take 6 months or 6 years i just don't know.   :( :(
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on October 24, 2016, 01:32:16 PM
Next appointment in FEBRUARY :(

One month has passed and I'm still battling against this. A side of me wants to throw some coins to private psychologists.
  •