Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Marshall

I am having the worst year of my life and this week has been the worst week of that horrible year. I been dealing with, over the past, well actually since a month after I started HRT in September of 2014, 18 months of unemployment followed by under employment until I started working full time with people with TBIs at the beginning of the year. Finally everything fell apart and we were notified that we were being evicted as of yesterday. We began packing up and looking for a new place and in the middle of that 3 feet (about a metre) of snow was dropped on us which slowed down the whole move. Today I find myself exhausted, with stuff still to put into storage, and homeless. I feel that I've totally let Randi down. This whole thing made me so upset and insecure that I admitted to Randi that I really did not want the divorce she asked for last May. She told me that we are not a couple, just very good friends, and she still wants it. She wants me with her, but there's no where for us to be together even that much, or even, really, anywhere for us to exist even separately.

Her attitude is entirely to do with me being trans, she's made that clear, although she's made no effort to secure that divorce she's asked for. For my part, even with that loss, I know that transition has been good for me because prior to it, for much less serious issues that these, I've seriously considered suicide. I'm not considering it now. I would consider changing locations, I'm up to here with snow (literally). I won't go because I love what I do and the loving, supportive clients and staff I work with and I don't know where I would ever find that again.

So at 57 I'm homeless, I've effectively lost the love of my life and I don't see myself replacing her. What lesbian would want an old pansexual trans dyke who will never be able to afford that final surgery? (Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I know that love is still a possibility. I just don't feel that it is.)
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

davina61

Feeling for you, hope you get some place soon. I was lucky that my mom put me up for a few weeks when the wife kicked me out for being trans and that gave me time to find a flat Now have nothing to hold me back. So maybe if you can find your own space it may help you blossom. Hugs from Davina
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LiliFee

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 10, 2016, 06:34:55 AM
One of my daughters actually told me that she is a TERF and that Germaine Greer is one of her heroes. I know my daughter is a feminist, so I pointed out that Feminist theory has moved on a heck of a lot since the bra-burning, all-men-are-evil stuff of the 1970s (which was essential back then but times have changed!) and there are far better, more modern, more enlightened feminists than Greer to follow; Greer is stuck in a 1970s time warp. As a feminist my daughter should be in support of all women, shouldn't she?

Her response: "Of course I support all women. I just don't support those who are men".

Crikey moses, you'd think after four years of my transition the girl would have a bit more of a clue, wouldn't you? I chalk it up to teenage rebellion & I don't doubt she'll mature in time. But it's bloody painful at the moment. I went through labour to be subjected to this. :'(

Hey FTMDiaries... Sorry for digging up an old topic. Have you had the chance to talk to your daughter a bit more? Is it still the same, or has she moved out of this rather archaic and painful way of thinking?
–  γνῶθι σεαυτόν  –

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is Man"
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: LiliFee on March 20, 2017, 11:13:48 AM
Hey FTMDiaries... Sorry for digging up an old topic. Have you had the chance to talk to your daughter a bit more? Is it still the same, or has she moved out of this rather archaic and painful way of thinking?

Hi LiliFee - thanks for asking. No, sadly I barely speak to her at all at the moment; I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks.

She's doing Social Studies at school & last year they looked into the history of feminism. I'm guessing that because she's so annoyed at me for transitioning, she latched onto some of those old-school ideas & is using them as ammo to get back at me.

Ah well, she's a teenager. It could be a heck of a lot worse, I suppose.

•  

LiliFee

Quote from: FTMDiaries on March 20, 2017, 11:57:06 AM
Hi LiliFee - thanks for asking. No, sadly I barely speak to her at all at the moment; I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks.

She's doing Social Studies at school & last year they looked into the history of feminism. I'm guessing that because she's so annoyed at me for transitioning, she latched onto some of those old-school ideas & is using them as ammo to get back at me.

Ah well, she's a teenager. It could be a heck of a lot worse, I suppose.

Hm, I'm sorry for that :(

You seem like a nice and thoughtful person, so I haven't really got any other explanation as well :)

What I don't get about those second wave feminists and their rotten ideas: those ideas are the reverse of what they're projecting onto men. To take a bit of Germaine Greer's argumentation:

-> What's so bad about men? They use (biological) determinism to force people to think into binaries, thus creating a difference between men and women. This difference is then exploited for the sake of suppressing women.

Now let's turn things around -> What's so bad about TERFs? They use (biological) determinism to force people to think into binaries, thus creating a difference between trans- and cismen/women. This difference is then exploited for the sake of suppressing trans*people.

Let's take another page out of Greer's book: Mansplaining. Mansplaining is what happens when a man uses his infinite wisdom about women, to explain exactly how her life is going and how the world perceives her.

Turning this around as well -> Cis-Splaining. Cis-Splaining is what happens when a cis-person (sadly: mostly ciswomen) use their infinite wisdom about trans*people, to explain exactly how the trans*person's life is going and how the world perceives them (as in: projecting a shared femininity, assuming everybody's raised the same way, assuming they KNOW how trans*feminine/masculine socialization works etc)

–  γνῶθι σεαυτόν  –

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is Man"
  •  

LizK

Knowing that Cindy is in surgery...serious, serious life changing surgery.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

V M

Quote from: ElizabethK on March 20, 2017, 03:33:32 PM
Knowing that Cindy is in surgery...serious, serious life changing surgery.

Liz

True this  :'(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

strangemagic

I tried selling basically my whole closet to a consignment shop to get some much needed extra money. They only took 3 of my shirts and offered me $9  :-\
  •  

maksim

Once again, my mom is putting off taking me to school. Fun.

•  

davina61

Work, not my job just the rest of it. Said to my manager this morning that I need docs appointment but earliest time is 8.30 , well I start work at 8.30 and his reply was"cant see that happening" so when I started being cross he had a go at me . He is a total pillok (idiot ) by law he cant stop me with reasonable notice. Anyway upshot is will go Online booking at work tomorrow and see which day I can get.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

FTMDiaries

•  

FTMDiaries

Well, this was yesterday really, but still: yesterday was Mother's Day here in the UK. And for the first time ever, I didn't get to see my kids.

My eldest at least texted me in the morning to wish me a happy Mother's Day, but my youngest completely ignored me all day. I made efforts last week to convince(!) them to go out to lunch with me, but my eldest was working (which is understandable) and my youngest is studying for her exams. So instead I spent the day alone being totally and utterly unappreciated, and whilst I wanted to do something nice for myself (like watching a movie or going out to a restaurant for a meal) I knew I couldn't bear to do it because everywhere would be packed with families showing their love & appreciation for their mothers. And I'd be sat there all alone with nobody showing their love & appreciation for me.

I resent having to feel grateful for a bloody text from my daughter. I deserve so much better than that. And I'm disappointed in my youngest for showing me such callous disregard that she couldn't even bear for me to pop round for 10 minutes so we could see each other on this significant day. She & I used to be best buddies when she was little, but ever since I came out she's been absolutely vile towards me.

Y'know, Mother's Day became a very painful experience for me when I lost my own mother in 1995. I had my first kid just a couple of years later, and the day was made much better by being able to focus on my own kids' love for me rather than on my loss of my Mum (although of course I think of her every year). But now that my kids have pretty much ignored me, the day's gone back to being a traumatic one once again. And once again, I'm absolutely dreading it coming round next year. Sod it, I'll just have to leave the country for the week next year. :'(

TL;DR: when you're trans, families can be awful.

•  

SailorMars1994

After lunch (Had KFC) i walked home and my dysphroia came and acted up.. then it got worse as I felt my penis rub up agasint my jeans which made me so dysphoric i vomitted :/
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

big kim

Day off cancelled again, huge workload as no one else left
  •  

V M

Diagnosed with PTSD again  :P  The psych prescribed an antidepressant, but I'm not sure how I feel about that

He seem to think I was joking when I told him that I wasn't real keen on doing what I consider to be doing drugs, but I turned the script into the chemist because if I don't "follow the program" I run the risk of losing what benefits I still have  :-\   

I guess being "caught between a rock and a hard place" can have both a literal and virtual meaning  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on March 30, 2017, 06:12:54 AM
Diagnosed with PTSD again  :P  The psych prescribed an antidepressant, but I'm not sure how I feel about that

He seem to think I was joking when I told him that I wasn't real keen on doing what I consider to be doing drugs, but I turned the script into the chemist because if I don't "follow the program" I run the risk of losing what benefits I still have  :-\   

I guess being "caught between a rock and a hard place" can have both a literal and virtual meaning  :-\

Big hug!  I know what you mean about the drugs. I turned down a prescription when my doctor offered it. That seemed to perplex her.

Sending positive thoughts your way.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 30, 2017, 06:20:52 AM
Big hug!  I know what you mean about the drugs. I turned down a prescription when my doctor offered it. That seemed to perplex her.

Sending positive thoughts your way.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Thank you

I guess it's a fear of sorts, but if I were still deployable I'd rather go on a jump into a hot zone than pop a pill every morning 

- V M
  •  

Elis

Quote from: V M on March 30, 2017, 06:12:54 AM

Had the same thoughts before taking an antidepressant too. But thinking how I wouldn't not take a drug for a physical illness; taking one for a mental one isn't any different.

Sending positive thoughts too :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Rachel_Christina

Having someone on Instagram give me the comment, "do you count your face in cm or km" this really got me down. The whole long face thing is something that gets me down, and to have that thrown my way, especially with recent happenings in my life really sucked :/

•