Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Ant  ants discovered my cordial cherries.
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I would take it as an act of aggression.  Cry havoc and let slip the insecticide fog of war.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

big kim

I don't like ants but I really hate wasps they're the skinhead Millwall hooligans of insects. Any insects got my cherries I'd zap them with Raid
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: V M on March 30, 2017, 06:12:54 AM
Diagnosed with PTSD again  [emoji14]  The psych prescribed an antidepressant, but I'm not sure how I feel about that

He seem to think I was joking when I told him that I wasn't real keen on doing what I consider to be doing drugs, but I turned the script into the chemist because if I don't "follow the program" I run the risk of losing what benefits I still have  :-\   

I guess being "caught between a rock and a hard place" can have both a literal and virtual meaning  :-\
I'm rather surprised, although there are always extenuating circumstances. Working in psychology and being a PTSD sufferer I know that antidepressants are not the evidence based treatment for PTSD. There must be more to the story, but they may not have told it to you. Then again, they could just be a lazy psychiatrist.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 31, 2017, 05:00:45 AM
I'm rather surprised, although there are always extenuating circumstances. Working in psychology and being a PTSD sufferer I know that antidepressants are not the evidence based treatment for PTSD. There must be more to the story, but they may not have told it to you. Then again, they could just be a lazy psychiatrist.

If I understand correctly his reasoning is that I also deal with acute depression and anxiety related to physical injuries incurred and a few other aspects of life
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Thessa

My daughter is hurting a lot due to the separation and the tension between her mother and me. Yesterday it broke my heart to see her suffering!

AND

I tried for more than a year to get a amicable divorce agreement. But my wife didn't answer to my last offer for more than two months.

Today I asked my lawyer to start legal actions.
  •  

maksim

I was laughed at and called the T-slur at the mall today. I can't stop blaming myself - even though I know I shouldn't -because I wore a regular t-shirt instead of a hoodie today. It's hot, but I suppose it's more important to layer my shirts and cover up what's underneath them than to be comfortable.

You can easily see the slight bulge of my chest through t-shirts, and while I'd love to have a flatter chest, I don't want to double bind. It's too risky... So I'll just wear hoodies until I'm able to get top surgery.

•  

Dena

Quote from: maksim on April 04, 2017, 05:18:22 PM
I was laughed at and called the T-slur at the mall today. I can't stop blaming myself - even though I know I shouldn't -because I wore a regular t-shirt instead of a hoodie today. It's hot, but I suppose it's more important to layer my shirts and cover up what's underneath them than to be comfortable.

You can easily see the slight bulge of my chest through t-shirts, and while I'd love to have a flatter chest, I don't want to double bind. It's too risky... So I'll just wear hoodies until I'm able to get top surgery.
I am not sure what the acceptable styles are for you but consider a vest style jacket or a sweat shirt with cutoff arms. Both would put heaver fabric on your chest while at lest leaving your arms uncovered.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Elis

Quote from: maksim on April 04, 2017, 05:18:22 PM

So sorry that happened to you  >:(  :(. If it helps they may not have thought you were trans; many cis men don't have completely flat chests. Have you tried the sports bra method (wearing one the right size and one a size smaller back to front over it)? Slightly uncomfortable but safee than other methods.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

maksim

Dena, thank you for the suggestions! Sadly I'm very insecure about my arms (even in t-shirts), so the sleeveless hoodies aren't really something I'd like to try, and I'm not very fond of vest jackets, but thank you!

Elis, thank you for the reassurance. I'm pre-everything so it was probably obvious to them that either a) I'm trans or b) I'm just a butch lesbian that wants to look like a guy.
I wear a binder currently, I find that it works much better than the sports bra method (and it's actually safer), and when I say double bind I mean layering another binder or a sports bra over the one I'm already wearing. But thank you!

•  

Sno

Oh Maksim. Have a (hug).

The man suit I inhabit, is very much not flat chested (one of many questions that my gp will be asked about), and can cause a few distractions. A nice quality dress shirt seems to work wonders at hiding shape, and the fabric tends to have a life of its own - perfect disguise, only needing hair cut to match and brows that have been left untended...

For me, as I'm non-transitioning, I've had a man cut to go with the man suit, so potential employers will actively consider me... I doubt it will stop my male fail though ;)

Rowan
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Sno on April 06, 2017, 06:19:41 AM
Oh Maksim. Have a (hug).

The man suit I inhabit, is very much not flat chested (one of many questions that my gp will be asked about), and can cause a few distractions. A nice quality dress shirt seems to work wonders at hiding shape, and the fabric tends to have a life of its own - perfect disguise, only needing hair cut to match and brows that have been left untended...

For me, as I'm non-transitioning, I've had a man cut to go with the man suit, so potential employers will actively consider me... I doubt it will stop my male fail though ;)

Rowan
Thanks Rowan, I've been looking into button-downs and dress shirts recently as a wise man suggested would be best for non-passing FTM guys. I'm a bit on the heavier side though, so finding one that fits my arms and gut while not looking frumpy will be a challenge!
Ohhh the male fail... Also a challenge. ::)

•  

Sno

Oh, all mannoflage is drab and frumpy lol, don't  worry about that, and I'm pretty sure that you won't need to worry about the sizes (in the main they are sized on neck size so the collar fits), men generally don't wear their clothes tight, so baggy is a-ok :)

Rowan
  •  

big kim

Selling my bike, the shiftiest looking character I seen in a long time came for a test ride with £5 deposit! (yeah right, that's happening!). I saw him with his shiftier looking friends cruising round in a big van, now he knows where I live & work & what my bike looks like. ( It's kept off the premises but near enough to walk to)
  •  

JeanetteLW

•  

Gertrude

Having to go to work tomorrow. Everyday should be Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The battery in my pickup died, two weeks after the warranty expired.  I swear there's a self destruct timer in those stupid things.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

big kim

Day off cancelled til Wednesday 12 days without a day off.
  •  

davina61

lucky you 3 bl**dy weeks if you don't count sundays (do have hol Monday ) will be owed 4 lou days by then,Its our stupid managers fault not letting anyone have a due day when someone is on holiday but that is not so at the other branch. Pigged off over not getting HRT and the cost of private and didn't like the look of internet supply. Feeling dysphoric today as well and after a good day at Shakey with my daughter and grandson even if she did pull a face when the trans subject came up .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •