Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Still more divorce paperwork.  Just when we think everything was done, all the forms handed in, ready to go... 

Something is lost, missing.   Hilarity ensues.  Of the panic variety.

At least, now, hours later, the missing document has turned up.  Thank goodness.

What an un-fun day, though.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

KathyLauren

We have a provincial election coming up in a week.  Since we've only been here two years, we are not automatically on the voters' list, so we need to get registered.  But just to complicate things, I am full-time Kathy, but still waiting for my legal name change documents, so all my ID is still in my dead name.  You need two pieces of ID to register.

So, the hell with it, I'll vote as <dead name> this one last time.  But, since I effectively have two strikes against me (not registered, ID that doesn't match my presentation), I figured I'd better vote ahead of time at the Returning Office.

We got all the paperwork sorted out, including an "F" on my registration (Yay!).  But between my presentation and registration that said F and my name and ID that said M, they couldn't figure out how to gender me.  One person consistently referred to me as "her", the other as "him".  *Sigh*

Oh, well, it's done, and I got to vote.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

maksim

My mom seems to be regressing with her acceptance of my Tourette's.
I developed a new tic recently and she hates it so much that she said: "If you don't keep your mouth covered, I'm keeping you at home for the rest of the time you're doing this."
I argued that I can't help it and that I want to be able to enjoy life rather than stressing out about how other people look at me, she said "I know you can't help it but we have to find a happy spot in the middle where you control it enough to be acceptable."
Little does she know that the stress she's been putting on me by screaming at me whenever I can't cover my mouth in time (even in the effing car, with no one around to hear us) just makes my tics a million times worse.
I thought we were past this point. No matter how many times I tell her what EVERY SINGLE ONE of my doctors has said regarding it (just let it be), she insists that I call them for a second opinion. Every freaking time.

I'm so frustrated and I just want to cry. I thought we were past this, but I guess we're not.

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: maksim on May 23, 2017, 04:54:33 PM
My mom seems to be regressing with her acceptance of my Tourette's.
I developed a new tic recently and she hates it so much that she said: "If you don't keep your mouth covered, I'm keeping you at home for the rest of the time you're doing this."
I argued that I can't help it and that I want to be able to enjoy life rather than stressing out about how other people look at me, she said "I know you can't help it but we have to find a happy spot in the middle where you control it enough to be acceptable."
Little does she know that the stress she's been putting on me by screaming at me whenever I can't cover my mouth in time (even in the effing car, with no one around to hear us) just makes my tics a million times worse.
I thought we were past this point. No matter how many times I tell her what EVERY SINGLE ONE of my doctors has said regarding it (just let it be), she insists that I call them for a second opinion. Every freaking time.

I'm so frustrated and I just want to cry. I thought we were past this, but I guess we're not.

I am so sorry to hear this. It is so easy for people to judge us when they don't experience it and have no idea what they are talking about. What part of beyond our control do they not understand. Hang in there my friend.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Michelle_P

I was over in San Francisco, finished with shopping and whatnot and ready to go catch a train home, and I stopped to get an espresso macchiato.  I was sitting in a corner there enjoying my drink when one of the local homeless people sat down next to me.  That isn't what bothered me.  There are unfortunately a lot of homeless folks in the region, with its insane rise in housing costs and unbalanced job market.

The guy just looks at me, then says, "Hey.  You a >-bleeped-<?"  Ow, on so many levels, and now I realize that I'm nearly boxed in.  Bad seating choice!  Deflect and evade time.  "Désolé, je ne parle pas anglais." Stand and push the table aside, and leave.

Sorry, fella, but that is just a conversation we are not going to have.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

maksim

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 23, 2017, 05:15:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It is so easy for people to judge us when they don't experience it and have no idea what they are talking about. What part of beyond our control do they not understand. Hang in there my friend.
Moni
Thanks Moni, hopefully things will get better sometime soon.

•  

KathyLauren

Ouch, Michelle!   >:(  Not a nice thing to have happen.  You handled it well.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

French huh? Good choice not likely a language he would be fluent in. lol  Well done Michelle. Did you by chance step on his toes as you made your exit? No?  Oh well next time. Accidentally of course.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

KathyLauren

The official word from Motor Vehicles: "Nova Scotia may not change the gender on your driver's licence without an amended birth certificate."  So, I'll have to be a Kathleen with an M on my driver's license for a couple of years.  Poop!  :(
  •  

Dee Marshall

Yesterday would have been my 36th wedding anniversary. I realized the date in front of a client and broke down crying. Today is the first anniversary of her asking for a divorce. Nothing's been done about it yet and we're still living together.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Dee Marshall on May 25, 2017, 06:28:13 AM
Yesterday would have been my 36th wedding anniversary. I realized the date in front of a client and broke down crying. Today is the first anniversary of her asking for a divorce. Nothing's been done about it yet and we're still living together.

I'm so sorry. We recently should have had our 20th were it not for the fact that he decided to reject me when I came out in 2012. We lived together until this year - 3 weeks before our anniversary - when he moved out and took both of our kids and our dog with him. Some people seriously don't deserve us. Life can be so cruel. But four months down the line I'm so much happier now that his toxic presence is no longer a part of my day-to-day life. I'm slowly healing and looking forward to better things. I hope you can get there too.

•  

V M

I saw some folks hangin' out so decided to just say hello - Big mistake - One of my jerk neighbors started talking about war stuff  :P  I just said that war is not fun and that I'd rather not talk about it then walked away
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

KathyLauren

I seem to have hit a plateau in the boob department.  Okay, it's only been four months; it's a marathon, not a sprint; etc., etc..  But still, they were doing so well for a while there.   :(
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 29, 2017, 10:52:56 AM
I seem to have hit a plateau in the boob department.  Okay, it's only been four months; it's a marathon, not a sprint; etc., etc..  But still, they were doing so well for a while there.   :(

Patience Grasshopper. Still going...

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Colleen_definitely

My poor little Hyundai got totaled by the insurance company.  I liked that little car.

Since the deer died as well I guess we can call this one a draw.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Michelle_P

The company rebuilding the west side of my condo exterior got to my unit today.  The sliding doors to the balcony, and the balcony deck are gone.  I've got four workmen hammering and grinding away 10 feet from me in my luxe open-air apartment.

So much for my day off. 

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on May 31, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
My poor little Hyundai got totaled by the insurance company.  I liked that little car.

Since the deer died as well I guess we can call this one a draw.

Loosing a car is always sad. :(

•  

maksim

My school is closing.

The school that offered me a second chance to graduate is freaking closing and i won't be able to graduate. I've basically done years of schoolwork for this program, only to be told that now I have no chance to graduate.

I've never wanted to die more in my life than I do right now. I'm never going to succeed. I will be a failure forever.

•  

Devlyn

Big hug! That's absolutely not true. I know you're disappointed, but you've been given a chance to do something else now. You'll have to regroup but I know you can.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on June 02, 2017, 04:37:20 PM
Big hug! That's absolutely not true. I know you're disappointed, but you've been given a chance to do something else now. You'll have to regroup but I know you can.

Hugs, Devlyn
Thanks Devlyn, I'm just struggling to see that. The job market is quickly closing off to people who don't have diplomas, much less people who have Tourette's and are trans as well. I can't get a job, my own dad won't even hire me because of my Tourette's.
And if I somehow miraculously find a place that hires trans people who have such a disruptive illness, they likely won't hire me simply because I don't have a high school diploma (I've tried at Target, probably the best place to work for someone like me).
I can get my GED of course, but I don't know how that works at all and I'd absolutely view myself as an utter failure if I were to flunk that test. I'm not smart and I have terrible memory.
I don't see any new opportunities opening up from this. I just see many doors I want to go through shutting off to me for good.

Maybe something will work out far in the future. It'll be extremely difficult to find anyone who will accept someone like me as an employee, or even as a student.
Oh well, I'll figure something out eventually. Hopefully.

•