Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riv3n

No one seems to welcome my presence in two Discord servers, so I've decided to hide them. Granted, I have been complaining on them A LOT.

Also, reading on another forum about how someone died 6 years ago from cancer, and how my cousin has cancer.
  •  

V M

Really rough memorial weekend  :P

As if it's not enough to have the faces of dead friends plaguing my mind but then my sister rang up saying she wanted to go to lunch and had a refrigerator magnet with my nephew's picture on it to give me but she never showed up  :-\   Then I made the mistake of calling my mom only to catch another ration of hell

And they wonder why I don't care to talk to them much  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: Greyscale on June 03, 2017, 12:11:15 PM
I'm in a great depression for several months... Nothing makes me really happy, I wake up every day with a thought how much I want to die and I go to sleep with the same thoughts. Anyway I continue to live because I have no choice, besides a suicide will cause such a great pain to all my dear people so... I can't.
I'm continuing to struggle but all my days are the same and I see no happiness in my life at all. Now sadly it's my typical day...

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing such feelings, but you are not alone, suicidal ideation is very real and a daily wrestling match for many of us including myself

Please do me a favor and promise to never give in and never give up, stay warm dear friend

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Dee Marshall

I looked up the local pride celebration and realized it was today and it was already an hour into it. Between the rain and the ride to get to where it is and the lack of anyone to go with I just didn't want to bother. Now I feel guilty. Every other event around here costs money that I just don't have.

Happy Pride Anyway!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

LizK

I called my Telco to change my name on my internet account, started with a chat person who told me I was required to take 3 forms of ID at least two of which had to be photo's id's...I thought this has to be a typo as we were talking via a chat to I queried and was told not it was definitely two...so I asked for a list of acceptable and they came back with a driver licence and a Passport I sad nope I only have the drivers licence so now what...In the end the telco called me and put me through to someone in a call centre to deal with it because I kept asking hard questions.....there is a whole lot more to it but suffice to say that it was all very civilised with the young lady I spoke to until after the 5th time of asking her to not call me by my old name as I had already explained I was trans and what my new legal name was...she said to me and I quote (I wrote it down)

"No... I am going to call you BXXXXX because that is the name I have on the account and it too hard otherwise"

My name is now changed with that particular Telco and I suspect that young lady had a really bad day.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ainsley

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 05, 2017, 06:23:02 AM

"No... I am going to call you BXXXXX because that is the name I have on the account and it too hard otherwise"

My name is now changed with that particular Telco and I suspect that young lady had a really bad day.

That sucks!  What happened to common sense and common decency?  Why can't we treat other human beings with respect from the onset of an encounter?  ugh.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 05, 2017, 06:23:02 AM

Hi Liz,

Congrats on another successful name change. You list get shorter.

You wouldn't have had anything to do with this suspected "really bad day" the young lady may have had, would you?

Hugs
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on June 05, 2017, 03:46:42 PM

You wouldn't have had anything to do with this suspected "really bad day" the young lady may have had, would you?

At one point I said " They will ask you if I said to you that your were being discriminatory. So you do understand they will want to ask you some very close questions about what you said . They normally do in these kinds of cases" She Said "What do you mean"

"I said when the solicitor cross examines you"

"Sorry SIR I don't understand"

"When we are in court and they are cross examining you as to what you said and did so as to establish your liability in the discrimination case. I can't imagine that calling me Sir after I have asked you 6 times now not to do that and of course your subsequent actions,  and if you call me Sir again I will ensure your name in number one on that litigation list"

I told her up front I was trans and what I needed to do and right up until she told me it was too hard to use my name I was prepared to actually make a compromise just to get the account name changed, once this was said I stuck to my guns. She knew she was in all sorts of trouble when she refused to put me through to a supervisor. and I asked her repeatedly very politely if she was refusing to put me through to a supervisor. Side track, change of subject etc etc

It was all sorts of things like telling me two forms of photo ID (as Liz) were required to be presented along with "supporting evidence" I informed her that this is not a legal requirement but maybe a Telco one...Nope she told me it was South Australian Law...nope you are wrong and if you insist you are being discriminatory because I could ring your company today and order thousands of dollars of products and still not have supply any more than a photo copy of a licence and probably not even that because you have identified me.

So will check my account today some time and see if the changes have been made.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Lynne

I applied for a training course at our company and as part of this course they are making video recordings of the sessions and we also have to do some of our own recordings at home.
At first I thought that even though I'm not a fan of recording myself when presenting as male, I'll be able to analyze the recordings of myself with our teacher in order to improve my presentation skills.

But then the time came to create my first recordings today and I just couldn't do it. I was there alone for hours in the office after work.
It just feels wrong on so many levels that just thinking about it makes me cry.

How could I project the image of a confident man, who knows what he is talking about when I'm not a man, I don't really look like a man and I hate my voice and I feel like a pretender. And I am a pretender, I pretend to be a guy until I'm ready for full-time as a woman. If I really wanted to, I could probably do this, but it feels like that would destroy a part of my soul.

Tomorrow morning is the deadline and I'm thinking of bailing out from the whole course because right now I cannot imagine that I won't cry at the moment we start to analyze one of my recordings, but that would look quite strange as an explanation in an official email to my colleagues.

•  

Thessa

My daughter told me before bedtime that her mother somehow forces her to misgender me. When she tells her something about life with me using female pronouns, my ex plays dumb until my daughter uses male pronouns.

This really sucks and shows what an ignorant and transphobic person she really is, in total contrast to the open-minded image she tries to project to the outside world.
  •  

maksim

I realized that the reason I've been so sensitive and mood swingy and dysphoric lately is because THAT time is starting again. I know it takes a few months on T to cease, but it seems like it's even worse for me mentally now that I'm on T. It feels like it's not supposed to happen at all now, and that makes it so much worse.

•  

Dee Marshall

Tapatalk has started showing me adds again.

On the plus side, this the only thing bothering me ATM.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

ghostbees

I keep getting nightmares every time I sleep.. my mental health has been sliding downwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

LizK

Quote from: ghostbees on June 08, 2017, 04:19:12 PM
I keep getting nightmares every time I sleep.. my mental health has been sliding downwards

I feel for you I suffer vivid nightmares that will throw me out of bed(although it has been awhile since that happened) I have a program for  my Phone called Dream Pro which records only when triggered by a sound and what I have managed to do is to work out that these nightmares all follow a same basic pattern and I am always trying to escape something....not exactly sure if that helps but at least I knew how noisy I was and what I was yelling about. LOL
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 08, 2017, 05:29:01 PM
I feel for you I suffer vivid nightmares that will throw me out of bed(although it has been awhile since that happened) I have a program for  my Phone called Dream Pro which records only when triggered by a sound and what I have managed to do is to work out that these nightmares all follow a same basic pattern and I am always trying to escape something....not exactly sure if that helps but at least I knew how noisy I was and what I was yelling about. LOL
What phone do you have? I might try that dreams app to see how much I have.

The vivid ones are the worst ones especially if you get attacked in said dream. Worst one was when I got stabbed.. I woke up and felt the phantom pain [emoji37]

I hate waking up in a cold sweat. Do you have any tips for how to cope afterwards?

Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

LizK

Quote from: ghostbees on June 08, 2017, 05:33:41 PM
What phone do you have? I might try that dreams app to see how much I have.

The vivid ones are the worst ones especially if you get attacked in said dream. Worst one was when I got stabbed.. I woke up and felt the phantom pain [emoji37]

I hate waking up in a cold sweat. Do you have any tips for how to cope afterwards?

IPhone 6 I have but there are android version or similar as well

Mine are always about being stopped from something or being confined or held against my will. In the earlier days before I began my transition they were usually quite violent involving me being held while horrible violent acts are being done to those I love...Some of those took me a day or so to get over. Recording them and listening to them seemed to have taken some of their power. Since I started my Transition the are far lees frequent...instead of every night or second night I have had 5 since the 16th May. I think that is pretty good I hope it helps
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

V M

I have some pretty gnarly nightmares and wake up with the cold sweats, I've found that turning on a television is often the best sleep aid I have

I'm not sure, but I think it redirects my mind to a better place, I usually will watch comical late night talk shows, war movies are definitely out

- V M
  •  

V M

One of my fine neighbors pointed out that I have "Green Toe"

Green nail "Toe" syndrome is caused by bacteria called Pseudomonas aeruginosa. This bacterium flourishes in wet environments, such as canals and so forth

The fact that he pointed it out didn't bother me so much but he tried to make it sound like some sort of contagious disease

So it was the first day in several months that I was able to wear shorts and here's this bad word embarrassing me in public  :-\

- V M
  •  

FreyasRedemption

My computer seems to be dying. It makes a lot more noise than it used to as its insides do stuff, and it also heats up a lot more than before, mostly for no particular reason. Why can't they just make machines that last? And before you offer up your explanation regarding capitalism and supply and demand and whatnot....making people buy new devices every five or so years because they're made not to last is not sustainable, and thus wrong. The general shape of the world's environment and sustained availability of resources should always go before short-term financial gain. The fact that people just can't get that through their thick heads bothers me even more than my computer's slow descent to nonfunctionality.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: FreyasRedemption on June 09, 2017, 03:28:21 PM
My computer seems to be dying. It makes a lot more noise than it used to as its insides do stuff, and it also heats up a lot more than before, mostly for no particular reason. Why can't they just make machines that last? And before you offer up your explanation regarding capitalism and supply and demand and whatnot....making people buy new devices every five or so years because they're made not to last is not sustainable, and thus wrong. The general shape of the world's environment and sustained availability of resources should always go before short-term financial gain. The fact that people just can't get that through their thick heads bothers me even more than my computer's slow descent to nonfunctionality.
That sounds like the bearings in a fan going. It might be replaceable if you can isolate it.

•