Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandyvgs

Got up, get ready for work, just about to leave to be early for work and my car battery died and it needed to be replaced as the vegas heat does not like to treat things nicely. 

used a project car that I was restoring to replace it at autozone and it died 1/2 way there due to a malfunction with a sensor caused also by the heat.

2 and 1/2 hours later I made it to work since I am salary based I have to stay the full 8 hours, which is a good thing.

for lunch I ordered something simple so I can just get something in my stomach and they where rude and argued with me how I wanted my food made so I ended up being irritated mood all day. 
Started HRT 01/06/2017  ;D
Became Self Aware: in 2011, started Therapy in July of 2012.
Twitch Affiliate / Transmission Gaming supporter.
  •  

maksim

What I thought was my voice dropping actually turned out to be laryngitis. I'm so sore and rather than a low voice, I have no voice at all.

•  

LizK

This morning my Daughter drops in and at the same time my other daughter rings so whilst her at my place a 4 way conversation takes place and during this I am misgendered 4 times...I don't say anything to anyone but keep it to myself. I was irritated about it, yes, so my wife asks me what is wrong and I tell here to not worry about it too much as it is something I can deal with no issues...but despite this, she proceeds to prod me about why , and I keep trying to fob her off saying its Ok don't worry about.

It was accidental on their part and even though it still hurts I did not want to make a deal out of it...but she kept saying is it "X"? or maybe its because of "Y" and in the end I got exasperated and told her...

So now she has the >-bleeped-<s on because I "called her out" on pronouns(which I didn't)...wholly crap I did everything I could not to get into the conversation

Being misgendered hurts, and whilst I tried to keep it to myself because it was a simple mistake it has now blown up  in my face...aaarrrrrggghhh!!!! 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Megan.

Just lost (or had stolen?) my purse,  with my brand new drivers license. Now the nuisance of cancelling cards and paying out for a new license,  and I loved that purse!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

51 years ago we had the Compton's Cafeteria riot in San Francisco, where a transgender woman wh became fed up and frustrated over constant harassment by authorities lobbed a coffee cup at a cop who was there arresting her again for the terrible crime of bein ger authentic self.

Yesterday I marched with 7,000 other transgender people and their allies in a huge protest of current policies that seek to criminalize us for being our authentic selves.  This was no parade or celebration, but a real protest, with signs, chants, singing and walking in solidarity.

51 damn years, 51 YEARS of this, and nothing has changed.  Oh, there are pockets of acceptance, but look at what is going on.  More laws are being passed to restrict our lives.  Government protections for our youth are being torn down.  We're barely tolerated by the gay and lesbian communities, and the Human Rights Campaign routinely throws us under the bus if supporting trans issues becomes inconvenient.

This has me unhappy today.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

V M

Finding out that someone has been "shooting up" in the community bathroom which is reserved for the care takers and such
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Michelle_P on June 24, 2017, 10:08:23 AM
51 years ago we had the Compton's Cafeteria riot in San Francisco, where a transgender woman wh became fed up and frustrated over constant harassment by authorities lobbed a coffee cup at a cop who was there arresting her again for the terrible crime of bein ger authentic self.

Yesterday I marched with 7,000 other transgender people and their allies in a huge protest of current policies that seek to criminalize us for being our authentic selves.  This was no parade or celebration, but a real protest, with signs, chants, singing and walking in solidarity.

51 damn years, 51 YEARS of this, and nothing has changed.  Oh, there are pockets of acceptance, but look at what is going on.  More laws are being passed to restrict our lives.  Government protections for our youth are being torn down.  We're barely tolerated by the gay and lesbian communities, and the Human Rights Campaign routinely throws us under the bus if supporting trans issues becomes inconvenient.

This has me unhappy today.

I hear you.

51 years ago a brave woman stood for her rights as a human being and 51 years later brave men and women celebrate it.

A brave woman was threatened in the street and she overcame her fear.

A woman had to have radical throat surgery and was terrified - her medical team cleared the theatre and restricted access to preserve her dignity.

Transgender people are in the news and not as freaks but as men and women in society; Doctors, Lawyers, Journalists, Shop Assistants, Cleaners - PEOPLE.

51 years ago I was thinking of, trying or recovering from a suicide attempt.

We have a long way to go but we fight for our rights.

Be happy about that and celebrate and be proud.

•  

Dee Marshall

I received word that an acquaintance, a co-worker of Randi's, passed away last night.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I been told I have to leave my apparament in mid August.
This was a work building and I paid literally nothing on Rent, in Switzerland. Apartments wher I am usually cost around 1500, so I don't think I will be able to find another, and will probably have to leave, return to poor Ireland :/
I can't believe it will end like this.
And I will have to find new work, and I will have to do it as a girl, but I'm still not so confident with my terrible voice.
I can't start new work and have them to come out again to everyone :/
What a day :(

•  

MissKairi

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on June 26, 2017, 11:49:14 AM
I been told I have to leave my apparament in mid August.
This was a work building and I paid literally nothing on Rent, in Switzerland. Apartments wher I am usually cost around 1500, so I don't think I will be able to find another, and will probably have to leave, return to poor Ireland :/
I can't believe it will end like this.
And I will have to find new work, and I will have to do it as a girl, but I'm still not so confident with my terrible voice.
I can't start new work and have them to come out again to everyone :/
What a day :(

I feel your pain girl!
Not exactly the same but I WILL have to leave my job and try to find a new one as a girl.

So just so you kmow, you arent alone :)
Let's see where this journey takes me.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Thanks Laura, and sorry to hear that.
I too will have to look as a girl. Thinking of returning to study though as it now that I am right in myself, I would really give it a good go this time.
Thanks again girl, stuck in this boat with me :')

•  

maksim

Right after my laryngitis healed up, I got either the flu or another virus of some sort. I feel horrible and I can't eat or leave my bed, even going to the bathroom is too much for me. Here's to hoping it's just a bug that'll go away within the next day or so.

•  

meatwagon

this may just be a small thing, but being reminded i'm not allowed to keep a window cracked in my room.  i live with my grandma and she has the AC on all the time.  not only is AC really aggravating to my sinus problems, but my room has the worst air circulation in the house.  if i don't have an open window to let in fresh air, it STINKS.  no amount of cleaning helps, and fans just contribute to the dry air problem.  so i crack my bedroom window just enough to air it out, and of course she notices and gives me a fuss about it.  doesn't help that i work maintenance, so i'm constantly being covered in garbage.  i'd like to just have one place in my life that doesn't smell like rotten armpits...
  •  

Dee Marshall

Melancholy rather than unhappy. Tonight I'm strongly feeling the loss of what HRT has cost me. I still live with Randi. She treats me well, like a cherished girl friend, but the love that was in her smile is gone.

I know it would have been anyway.  I really don't think I would have lived this long had I not transitioned. I'm almost sorry so little has actually changed. The wound in my heart has had no chance to heal. I don't think the wound in hers has either.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

I had woken up a bit earlier than usual but didn't feel well so went to lay back down awhile

Had just fallen asleep and was beginning to dream about something when I was awoken by a knock at the door, just rolled over started to go back to sleep but was awoken again

Thought there might be something amiss or someone may need help so I went to answer the door

Turned out to be a couple of women from one of the local congregations and one of them was wearing perfume that could choke a horse 

Not only could I not get back to sleep but now I also have the sinus headache from the bad place that just doesn't seem to want to go away :P

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

maksim

Calling Social Security as they've locked me out of my account... After waiting for a ridiculous amount of time, a woman answered, but because of a tic I couldn't answer within the one second she gave me to answer, and next thing I knew she said "Thank you for calling" and had hung up on me. What the hell?  >:(

•  

LizK

Quote from: maksim on July 03, 2017, 07:48:11 AM
Calling Social Security as they've locked me out of my account... After waiting for a ridiculous amount of time, a woman answered, but because of a tic I couldn't answer within the one second she gave me to answer, and next thing I knew she said "Thank you for calling" and had hung up on me. What the hell?  >:(

How infuriating... :(
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Elis

Quote from: maksim on July 03, 2017, 07:48:11 AM

Sounds like she was having a bad day  >:(
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

maksim

Quote from: Elis on July 03, 2017, 07:56:05 AM
Sounds like she was having a bad day  >:(
Quote from: ElizabethK on July 03, 2017, 07:50:37 AM
How infuriating... :(
Worry not my friends, I was able to get another call in and everything was set by a very friendly and understanding man. Thank god!

•  

Elis

Quote from: maksim on July 03, 2017, 08:23:54 AM
Worry not my friends, I was able to get another call in and everything was set by a very friendly and understanding man. Thank god!

Ah good! :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•