Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbow Dash

A bit late but, my Ex wife died on the 27th last month. we hadnt even been divorced 3 months. It was a blood clot that shut down her heart. We had been married for 16 years.
"Maybe I really joined with them to keep the loneliness at bay.
Yet in the end, you couldn't make it go away. Others could rely on you, but you couldn't rely on them."

"She's a little scared to get close to anyone because everyone who said, "I'll always be here for you," left."
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Rainbow Dash on July 06, 2017, 12:25:59 AM
A bit late but, my Ex wife died on the 27th last month. we hadnt even been divorced 3 months. It was a blood clot that shut down her heart. We had been married for 16 years.

I am so sorry for your loss, Hope you are doing OK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dee Marshall

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

ghostbees

Going back to cigs [emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Elis

Quote from: ghostbees on July 06, 2017, 11:04:02 AM
Going back to cigs [emoji37][emoji37]

At least you stopped for a bit; that's more than most people are able to manage; next time you'll be able to hold out for a bit longer :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

ghostbees

Quote from: Elis on July 06, 2017, 11:17:21 AM
At least you stopped for a bit; that's more than most people are able to manage; next time you'll be able to hold out for a bit longer :)
Thank you!!
I was noticing the benefits too

Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Dee Marshall

I have to get a buy-in from twelve frikken agencies in order to take a week off. If I take it without their agreement I'm breaking a state law.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

V M

Lost my glasses and I'm dreading how much it will cost to replace them  :-\
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug. Sorry to hear that, hon.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

I've lost friends and relatives including a significant other over the years

I feel your pain

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

KathyLauren

Reading the news from the U.S..  Texas, Washington DC, it's all bad for my sisters and brothers down there. 

In 1933, the reign of terror in Europe began with burning the library of the leading doctor of transgender patients.  They came for us first.  I hope that history does not repeat itself too closely.  Remember what it took to stop him last time.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Ryuichi13

I'm hoping this thread is for FtM as well.

My Mom knows that I have legally changed my name to one that she's unfamiliar with.  She doesn't know why yet.  But to hear her call me by my deadname when she called me this afternoon made me wince. 

I never hated my deadname, its actually a very pretty name.  It just was never me.  It belonged to someone else.

So to be called by it hurt.  It was like Mom was talking about someone else.

I suppose its time I told her why I changed my name.  Its just that I wanted to tell her face to face, when she could actually SEE my (13 year old boy's) beard and mustache as well as hear my now much deeper voice.  I wish she was more tech-savvy, I'd just videochat with her instead of having to wait until I can see her face to face.

Anyways, thanks for letting me unload.  It still hurts, but not quite as much.

Ryuichi   

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

maksim

Nearly 4 months on T and no sign of my voice dropping any time soon. It's weaker, but it's been weaker since two weeks on T and still nothing has happened. My face is changing, and I'm even getting a bit more peach fuzz but my voice has yet to do anything.
I've had so many false alarms that just turned out to be sore throat from sickness or overuse. I got so excited every time but I'm still waiting.

•  

Dena

You could be fighting your voice drop as that sometimes happens. When you speak, relax the muscles between your larynx and your jaw. If they are the least bit tensed, they will put you  in the head voice, something a FTM is best avoiding.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Dee Marshall

Someone, with the best of intentions, posted a picture of the card section at their local Target. It was a close up of a section: "Wife to Wife Anniversary". I started sobbing. Tears are still in my eyes. I will never get that card and Randi will never accept one from me. By decree our anniversary is never to be noted or celebrated.

:

Think outside the voice box!

•  

Sno

Slow rolling panic attacks. I hate days like today.

:(
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Sno on August 14, 2017, 05:15:07 AM
Slow rolling panic attacks. I hate days like today.

:(

That doesn't sound very nice, hope you are feeling a bit better now  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Thessa

Had a really nice Tinder match but the second I disclosed my Trans* status the Match was gone.
  •  

Geeker

What made me unhappy today is the same thing that does every day, morning wood. I hate it. Nothing ruins my day like waking up and rolling over only to realize there's a "kickstand" painfully stopping me.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •  

maksim

Quote from: Dena on August 12, 2017, 12:22:06 AM
You could be fighting your voice drop as that sometimes happens. When you speak, relax the muscles between your larynx and your jaw. If they are the least bit tensed, they will put you  in the head voice, something a FTM is best avoiding.
Thanks for the advice Dena, it's a bit difficult to follow though since I have Tourette's and my neck and jaw are constantly tense due to tics. However, my T dose has been upped recently and my voice is getting weaker without any other signs of sickness, so that's good!

•