News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: amberwaves on November 04, 2017, 08:51:09 AM
I lost a friend yesterday.  Not because of being trans, but because I am just terrible at friendship. I hurt someone deeply.  This morning when I looked in the mirror all I can see is that same >-bleeped-< I've seen for 36 years staring back at me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Mistakes get made, it's a reality of life, maybe your friendship can recover?
But either way,  the fact you care about the loss says you're not that person you think is in the mirror. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Sinead

My football team, Aston Villa lost today :( (I'm a massive english football fan)
  •  

amberwaves

Quote from: Megan. on November 04, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
Mistakes get made, it's a reality of life, maybe your friendship can recover?
But either way,  the fact you care about the loss says you're not that person you think is in the mirror. X

Thank you for the kindness.  I find it extremely unlikely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

Peroneal brevis tendinitis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Allison S

I was planning to go out and tried to do my makeup but failed miserably. So now I'm under the covers and staying in. I'm okay with it but the reminder earlier was tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sinead

Quote from: dist123 on November 04, 2017, 06:39:47 PM
I was planning to go out and tried to do my makeup but failed miserably. So now I'm under the covers and staying in. I'm okay with it but the reminder earlier was tough

At least you tried, don't get too disheartened, you'll get it eventually :). If it makes you feel better, I'm terribly at make-up too ::)
  •  

Selene

I tend to be on the periphery of life.

A better explanation for that would be I'm standoffish :)

I've always been the type to go off, and do my own thing. Perhaps I need to work harder to find friends, but its not easy living in the mountains. Sometimes I crave human interaction. Call me weird, but time to time I'll go to public places. The mall, if I'm in the city, or any nearby park. I'm an observer of people -not in a creepy way. I don't know, somehow I feel connected in a way hard to describe.

What made me sad today.

I was at my favorite park. It's in Post Falls, here in Idaho. I love that place, I soak up as much time as I can there, even if its snowing. My usual ritual is to bring some coffee, sit under the willow tree, and just zone into my surroundings. I didn't expect anyone to be there with me. I made my way to my favorite spot, and I saw a figure across from me sitting at the bench next to the little duck pond. An older gentleman, just sitting like I often do.

Privacy is something I respect, but I could tell the man was wiping away tears. I couldn't help but glance, and wonder. I wanted to give him a hug, as odd/awkward as that might have been. I turned my attention away for a few minutes. Going over internally my own feelings. Halfway through my coffee, I looked back where the old man had been sitting, but had gone.

The park was so quiet, or it seemed that way. I felt very alone. I was sad that I could have at least given him a smile, and missed that opportunity. I think he need that snowy park bench, and I left it at that. Still, it made me sad.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: NinaW on November 04, 2017, 07:06:25 PM
At least you tried, don't get too disheartened, you'll get it eventually :). If it makes you feel better, I'm terribly at make-up too ::)

Thanks for your kind words! We'll get there but I also just want ffs so I don't have to be so insecure about it

•  

Faith

This was actually yesterday. side comments got to me.  I was happily wearing slacks and a nice blouse, the wife liked the look. We went to the store to grab something on the way to my daughters house. Now, likely I shouldn't have but I let slip that I would like to try so simple lip gloss, nothing dramatic. The first words out of her mouth?  "Oh, jeez". Sure she quickly changed 'how' she was saying things but the those first unguarded words really hurt. If she had simply said that 'she's' not ready for that I would have been fine.

second one
At my daughters, older granddaughter treated me no different. younger one sat next to me and snuggled in for quite a while when she asked why I was wearing 'it' pointing at my blouse. I kept is simple (she's 5) .. because I liked it. We discussed favorite colors, she agreed she liked the shirt and that was it. This was actually very nice.

third one
(outside my hearing, heard later) son-in-law saw me and went 'oh my god'. My daughter told him to keep his mouth shut and to go outside. Not sure how to take that. Is she OK with it but knew he'd say something stupid (which he does about most things)? Is she just avoiding it by not acknowledging?

in any case, I was really down last night, still am today.  I think I'm going to back off a bit on everything to let the world settle down.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Quote from: NamelessOne on November 06, 2017, 06:25:35 AM
This was actually yesterday. side comments got to me.  I was happily wearing slacks and a nice blouse, the wife liked the look. We went to the store to grab something on the way to my daughters house. Now, likely I shouldn't have but I let slip that I would like to try so simple lip gloss, nothing dramatic. The first words out of her mouth?  "Oh, jeez". Sure she quickly changed 'how' she was saying things but the those first unguarded words really hurt. If she had simply said that 'she's' not ready for that I would have been fine.

Hi Namelessone

I can relate to what you have said. I can remember my wife having issues with some things but in the end with patience she overcame each obstacle. Sometimes it is difficult for our partners when we move to another stage in out journey and want to try something more. You may have said lip gloss but she may have "heard" full makeup and reacted accordingly then realised that you were just talking lip gloss. I know with my partner there have been similar incidences and in my experience talking about these things works out far better than trying to work out what she is thinking on your own.

second one
At my daughters, older granddaughter treated me no different. younger one sat next to me and snuggled in for quite a while when she asked why I was wearing 'it' pointing at my blouse. I kept is simple (she's 5) .. because I liked it. We discussed favorite colors, she agreed she liked the shirt and that was it. This was actually very nice.

Perfectly handled...because you "liked it" is a really good answer for a five year old. I think you handled it perfectly

third one
(outside my hearing, heard later) son-in-law saw me and went 'oh my god'. My daughter told him to keep his mouth shut and to go outside. Not sure how to take that. Is she OK with it but knew he'd say something stupid (which he does about most things)? Is she just avoiding it by not acknowledging?

in any case, I was really down last night, still am today.  I think I'm going to back off a bit on everything to let the world settle down.

She sounds like she was being protective of you. She did not want you hurt by hearing the decidedly tactless comment made by your son-in-law. As to wether she is Ok with things why don't you sit down, talk to her and ask.

I hope you are feeling better today and if you need to slow things down then do that. You need to be comfortable with where you are and where your family is at.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

protective, I hope so. I have a big fear of being tolerated rather than accepted. I think I'd rather be disliked than tolerated.

I've been thinking of things that I'm doing. I've done a lot in a short time. I really need to slow down like I knew I had to from the start ... it's just hard once you get momentum. .... Deep Breaths ....
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Gertrude

My wife telling me she doesn't know if she can handle IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Elis

My dad still acting uncomfortable about my sexuality. I've made a few hints over the years but he'd rather not know. If I date a girl he'll see that as gay and be uncomfortable by it; if I date a man he'll see that as gay and be uncomfortable by it. There's no winning. I'm never going to have the parent who makes gay puns and light hearted jokes about a current partner of mine and treating them like a part of the family; the kind of thing the media portrays as accepting parents. I'll always have to keep that part of my life a secret. It's like I'm living a life of a queer person from the 80's
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Angela Drakken

Human Resources texting and emailing me saying they want to 'check up' on me when I have a laundry list of complaints I'd like to mention and a pile of work to get done, and yet at the same time I don't wanna be THAT GIRL who screams the sky is falling every few days..

So I do nothing.

When I go home tonight, its to an apartment that really doesnt feel like my own anymore due to infestation of roaches and most recently bed bugs that my landlord and regional rental office AND public health department have no interest in resolving for me..

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Angela Drakken on November 10, 2017, 12:52:34 PM
Human Resources texting and emailing me saying they want to 'check up' on me when I have a laundry list of complaints I'd like to mention and a pile of work to get done, and yet at the same time I don't wanna be THAT GIRL who screams the sky is falling every few days..

So I do nothing.

When I go home tonight, its to an apartment that really doesnt feel like my own anymore due to infestation of roaches and most recently bed bugs that my landlord and regional rental office AND public health department have no interest in resolving for me..
Roaches AND bedbugs? Wow! Roaches are one of the few things that EAT bedbugs.

(Also ants, spiders, and centipedes.)

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

davina61

Tried to update my avatar and managed to lose the old one GRRRRRRRR and cant get a ticker to add , no instructions for computer numpty Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr again
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Dee Marshall

Today my spouse posted one of those "how come a woman on her day off does cleaning, etc. and a man wants to relax". She went on to describe all the cleaning she did on the first day of her three day weekend that, of course, she had no help with.

My thought is that a) I'm NOT a man, b) I'm working today, c) we do do this kind of stuff together on Sunday. If I bring this up it will start an argument so I'm crying on your shoulder rather than discussing this with her.

I think it hurts most that she's implying I'm still a man. She also doesn't see what I do, just what she wants done I couldn't get to.

:

Think outside the voice box!

•  

sarah1972

•  

Megan.

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 10, 2017, 04:20:59 PM
Being me.
Oh no,  what's up hon? Have a big *hug*. X

•  

upcummingattractions

Cold coffee. Yuck. And not knowing which of my story ideas to work on.
I've got 99 problems and they're all Alan Cumming.
  •