Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big kim

Wondering what happened to an ex & finding she died last year at only 58
  •  

big kim

Quote from: Megan. on November 24, 2017, 06:44:06 AM
I've never been allowed on or near my children's schools since transitioning.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
That's wrong, It's 2017
  •  

Sinead

Quote from: Megan. on November 24, 2017, 06:44:06 AM
I've never been allowed on or near my children's schools since transitioning.

That's really sad to hear, surely she can't stop you though. Kisses and hugs
  •  

Michelle_P

Cut off by family, living alone, sleeping alone.

I hate the "holiday season".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 24, 2017, 08:31:33 AM
Cut off by family, living alone, sleeping alone.

I hate the "holiday season".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Come to mine for Christmas,  we can be alone together [emoji5]

•  

Bobbi Anne

What made me unhappy today was the fact I had just realized it has been 3 years since I have been last able to dress as Bobbi Anne. I miss it so much, but my wife hates it and has 'forbid' me from dressing if we want to keep our marriage together. Just feeling down at seeing all the pretty clothes on sale that I would love to wear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

•  

Sinead

Does anyone else (I'm in the closet btw) get those days where they just can't be around people because seeing everyone in your desired gender is just making you feel really jealous and dysphoric? Wondered if it was just me
  •  

big kim

A regular guest hadn't been visiting us. I saw on her facebook page she started cancer treatment last summer. There are no further entries since, it doesn't look good
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Sinead on November 26, 2017, 06:30:53 AM
Does anyone else (I'm in the closet btw) get those days where they just can't be around people because seeing everyone in your desired gender is just making you feel really jealous and dysphoric? Wondered if it was just me
Not just you hun, I still remember those days well,  not fun [emoji853]. I'm sorry you're in that place. X

•  

Laurie

Quote from: big kim on November 26, 2017, 06:58:41 AM
A regular guest hadn't been visiting us. I saw on her facebook page she started cancer treatment last summer. There are no further entries since, it doesn't look good

That makes me unhappy also Kim  not even knowing of whom you speak. Cancer is a devastating disease.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Sinead on November 26, 2017, 06:30:53 AM

Absolutely, Sinead! Only three months ago my wife and I went to one of the huge communities here in Florida that have activities going in the square every night. As we were having dinner I watched women walking around outside in their pretty sundresses and colorful shorts and clothes, just enjoying themselves, and the thought that I'd never ever be able to experience that overwhelmed me, and I had a huge meltdown.

But you know what? It really does get better. I've now gone full-time, and last Tuesday my wife and I went to that same community, took part in a trivia contest, ate dinner, and walked around the square enjoying the music and visiting the vendors, all with me in my new role. It was awesome!

So don't let it get to you too much. Believe me, you can do it, too.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Gertrude

Not being loved for who I really am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Cried because of my ex. Again. I want to be with him and he doesn't reject me but doesn't take me back either. We're both in limbo and I'm tired of feeling sad.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Allison S

My low self esteem i feel like it gets in the way of everything for me. Today it's been at a high where im presenting "male" at work. I don't remember it being this uncomfortable before

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Angela Drakken

When you do something nice for a stranger and they respond with; 'Nice! You're the MAN!' So you respond politely with; 'I'm not a man..' So they upgrade to; 'Thank you sir!' In the same exchange..

Lesson learned; heck with everybody. I'm done helping idiots.

*Language Please*

•  

Megan.

My job requires me to create 4 minute information videos that get distributed out across my company (tens of thousands) every 3-4 weeks.

It's never fun having to record and edit myself mid-transition with a still very poor voice.

Not nice knowing there will be an indelible record of my transition floating around for years to come [emoji853].

•  

sarah1972

So sorry Megan. I feel with you on this topic.

Might be an odd suggestion but have you looked around, there is software which can change the pitch of your voice into a more female range? Would be a bit more editing work but the results are interesting (as long as you don't crank it up to 11, then you would sound like Mini Mouse). There may even be software you can just run inline while recording, so you could save some work.

You could even re-edit some of the older videos and adjust the pitch ;-)

Quote from: Megan. on November 30, 2017, 07:57:17 AM
My job requires me to create 4 minute information videos that get distributed out across my company (tens of thousands) every 3-4 weeks.

It's never fun having to record and edit myself mid-transition with a still very poor voice.

Not nice knowing there will be an indelible record of my transition floating around for years to come [emoji853].

•  

Megan.

Sarah,  that's a good idea, if only I wasn't too lazy to bother [emoji23].
The fact is that,  I should be doing more practice,  and that I'm proud of who and what I am, and I won't hide that. [emoji4]

•  

Faith

Quote from: Megan. on November 30, 2017, 08:58:02 AM
Sarah,  that's a good idea, if only I wasn't too lazy to bother [emoji23].
The fact is that,  I should be doing more practice,  and that I'm proud of who and what I am, and I won't hide that. [emoji4]

this :)

I've been dressing more to my liking even at work without 'outing'. If they think something is odd, so be it, I don't care. I am me.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•