Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

Another torturous session of hair removal. About 10 more to go.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

sarah1972

Hahaha... that would be so me, I am right there with you (on both points btw)

Quote from: Megan. on November 30, 2017, 08:58:02 AM
Sarah,  that's a good idea, if only I wasn't too lazy to bother [emoji23].
The fact is that,  I should be doing more practice,  and that I'm proud of who and what I am, and I won't hide that. [emoji4]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

aves

I'm just now realizing that one of the final papers I am going to write is about male privilege and hegemonic masculinity- a topic I am good at discussing in one of my sociology classes, but not in my English classes. It's going to be hard to actually get this professor to listen to what I have to say about this topic because she is very much the white cis older woman that doesn't understand the gender spectrum and that privilege is actually a thing.

This paper is going to drain me so much.
-aves
Sept 2017- First doctor's appointment; came out socially
Oct 2017- Came out to my extended family
Feb 2018- Endocrinologist appointment; let's hope this also means T!

English/Sociology student
  •  

Maddie86

So I went out of town last night with some friends to see a concert. After the concert we got really lost on the way back to our hotel, we ended up 15 miles away from it because New Jersey is really confusing and there are no easy spots to turn around! I came really close to driving into a lane of oncoming traffic! It really stressed me out, I'm never that bad at driving! Then we got back to the hotel and I couldn't sleep. My friends stayed up for a bit, so that was part of it, then when they went to sleep 2 of them were snoring. I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night.

a couple weeks ago I posted some stuff in my HRT thread about how I was depressed because my friends were always doing stuff and excluding me from it and it happened again last night, they were posting videos of what looked like a really fun party and they did cute stuff like make gingerbread houses. I've been trying forever to do cute little craft nights with them and even tried to set some up and they always claimed they were too busy. they say it's unintentional but sometimes it really feels like it is.

I was supposed to have band practice today too but then our drummer decided that the time I told him to plan on wasn't going to work for him and then our bassist couldn't practice earlier so that got all messed up too.

sorry, I needed to vent.
  •  

brandyvgs

Today, I was seeing a post of a pictures from last weekend's car meet that finally got posted and I seen myself and seeing myself still in the guy mode and still looking big as I still do still puts me in the mode of sadness.

I have always hated how the guy version of me looked fat or not I just don't like that version of me.

Even though I have been seeing some changes in the mirror from being on HRT for almost a year now, and how much weight I have lost in the past 6 months I am still unhappy about how I look and seems to be that thing.

At this same time I was just thinking about how the other day I have this permanent angry look even tho my mood is great and I have been happy these past few days, I still have this unapproachable look in which I don't know how to fix, I feel like this was something since the cancer back in 2003 that caused ability to unable to show a decent smile and the cost to repair that is too much to even afford this day and age.

And my weight loss went from 293 in May till Now still around 227ish.

I guess this is all hitting me today as I know, in time with patience I will achieve my goals, it is just sad to think about the road to success sometimes but keeping an outlook to the dream that can be achieved.

Started HRT 01/06/2017  ;D
Became Self Aware: in 2011, started Therapy in July of 2012.
Twitch Affiliate / Transmission Gaming supporter.
  •  

EvaMarie

Quote from: aves on November 30, 2017, 12:11:08 PM
I'm just now realizing that one of the final papers I am going to write is about male privilege and hegemonic masculinity- a topic I am good at discussing in one of my sociology classes, but not in my English classes. It's going to be hard to actually get this professor to listen to what I have to say about this topic because she is very much the white cis older woman that doesn't understand the gender spectrum and that privilege is actually a thing.

This paper is going to drain me so much.

I'm sorry that you feel like your voice isn't heard.

Think of it this way though, It's not fun to debate with people who agree with you. In a sociology class everyone is most likely on the same page, or at least willing to listen. It's only how well we articulate ourselves with the general public or someone that opposes us that shows us how much we know about a particular topic. This is a great opportunity to test your knowledge and perhaps expand on it even more.
  •  

Sinead

Went to my trans group today, I actually didn't enjoy it. I loved being able to dress up and be myself, but I didn't enjoy wearing my wig. I wanted to take it off as soon as I could, it got in the way of my eyes and felt uncomfortable, I wish I had naturally long hair, also, everyone there was further on in their transition than me (I haven't even started yet), especially this one girl who looked perfect, I was so jealous of her, she looked so pretty and passable, I would've done anything to swap bodies with her. Didn't enjoy changing back into a 'male', never do really
  •  

Artesia

I found out that my new girlfriend was raped.  As to whether or not that is unhappy or just plain ticked is up for debate.  She couldn't admit it to herself, let alone me, for a while.  She was blaming herself for the event.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Sno

Hi Artesia,

(Hugs), it's always horrid when we find out things like this.

My unhappiness today is from the discovery of the term emotional incest, and then on reading discovered that it described my relationship with my mother.

Exactly. Scarily so.

Why do I have to be so broken.?

*numb and nauseous*

Rowan.

Ps. Apparently it's common for EI survivors to have significant gender issues, well go figure.
  •  

V M

*Heavy sigh*

Coping during the Holiday season, putting on a smile front and trying to pretend that everything is hunky dory when I know that it isn't and hoping I'll even make it through the month  :-\   The anxiety and depression is killing me but I'm sure I'm not the only one though
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: V M on December 06, 2017, 04:32:34 AM
*Heavy sigh*

Coping during the Holiday season, putting on a smile front and trying to pretend that everything is hunky dory when I know that it isn't and hoping I'll even make it through the month  :-\  I'm sure I'm not the only though
Hugs hun. X

Take the chance to enjoy the 'you' time,  a little pampering never hurts. [emoji5]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

V M

*Sigh*

If only it were that simple, but I spend too much time alone already

Thanks for your thoughts though

Hugs back
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: V M on December 06, 2017, 04:32:34 AM
*Heavy sigh*

Coping during the Holiday season, putting on a smile front and trying to pretend that everything is hunky dory when I know that it isn't and hoping I'll even make it through the month  :-\   The anxiety and depression is killing me but I'm sure I'm not the only one though

I'm sorry for that! Just keep in mind that this is a roller coaster so the depression will pass. If you can go out with your friends and get distracted.

Hugs!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Bari Jo

I had one of those days that made me feel old and dumb today.  I'm an overachiever, to the extreme.  I sat in on a demonstration today from some kids about 20 years younger than me.  They were doing something technology wise that was really impressive.  It made me feel like tech has passed me.  My tech resume is long too, but damn, these young kids!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

DeniseGrace

109 percent increase in my 2018 monthly insurance premium. Higher deductibles. Higher co-pays. Less covered services.

Thanks so much politicians.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: DeniseGrace on December 07, 2017, 09:02:57 PM
109 percent increase in my 2018 monthly insurance premium. Higher deductibles. Higher co-pays. Less covered services.

Thanks so much politicians.

Hi DeniseGrace,

I'm Laurie and it appears that you have somehow slipped past our greeting detectors. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly. I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.
Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Ryuichi13

Went to my endo's appointment line I should, and the office was closed!  No note on the door, no phone call, building lights turned off and everything!  WTH? [emoji35]

But I did notice after I realized the office was locked that the outside sign looks like it had been blown off the pole.  I hope everything's okay. [emoji20]

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

Went to pick up my new HRT prescription and it wont be in till MONDAY **^^^!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

V M

I'm totally broke and have come down with a nasty cold  :(

- V M
  •  

Bari Jo

My dog has been sick, and blood tests show liver failure.  I don't know the cause yet, crying lots.  He is my best friend, my favorite, sometimes only friend. I keep thinking the worst.  Mire tests tomorrow.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •