Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

I'm so sorry. I've lost a few best friends over the years. It doesn't get easier. I hope for your sake, and his, that the cause is found quickly and corrected.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on December 17, 2017, 08:40:36 PM
My dog has been sick, and blood tests show liver failure.  I don't know the cause yet, crying lots.  He is my best friend, my favorite, sometimes only friend. I keep thinking the worst.  Mire tests tomorrow.

I'm so sorry to hear that Bari Jo. My little buddy has partial kidney failure, but it's mild enough that it just means she drinks a lot of water and pees a lot. I'm pretty sure it was caused by dried turkey strips from a major pet food company that turn out to have been imported from China. They've been informally implicated for causing kidney failure, but it's not likely anything will ever be proven.

Maggie is 14 and in good shape for her age. I dread what I know is coming in the next couple of years, so I make sure we spend a lot of time together.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Sinead

After coming out to my mom last week, I had a great opportunity to tell my sister in law and brother last night and I completely bottled it :(
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on December 17, 2017, 08:40:36 PM
My dog has been sick, and blood tests show liver failure.  I don't know the cause yet, crying lots.  He is my best friend, my favorite, sometimes only friend. I keep thinking the worst.  Mire tests tomorrow.

Bari Jo

Oh no,  hugs. X

I'm a big animal lover, I hate to see them suffer. PM me if you need a shoulder.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Sinead on December 18, 2017, 02:13:36 AM
After coming out to my mom last week, I had a great opportunity to tell my sister in law and brother last night and I completely bottled it :(
If you didn't do it,  then it wasn't the right time for you,  that's all,  don't sweat it.

When you're ready,  it'll happen. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

BT04

My father's 17-year marriage to my terrible step mother is finally ending - first session with the mediator was today. So I'm happy about that. But wanting a divorce right before Chrismas, and all because you got a $400k inheritance that you don't have to share with your husband and you're mad that he couldn't find an investment for you in time to avoid capital gains? Excuse my censored language, but eat sh*t.

Something on the Jeep's block exploded today, sending coolant everywhere. My mechanic thinks its probably just a freeze plug since it doesn't seem to be mixing with the oil, and that it was running with filthy dex-cool through an even filthier radiator when I bought it 9 months ago, but we talked about replacing the engine anyway, just in case the head is busted. I was hoping to get tires for xmas, but I might be panhandling for engine money from Santa instead. I am NOT giving up on this. The Jeep is my baby. My second damn husband. I named him, I talk to him, and I can't imagine life without him. We'll get through this one way or the other.

Thirdly, the 'friends' who ran me out of the professional comic book business last year due to incompetence (rather than malice) still haven't paid me money that I'm owed, still haven't lived up to a number of stipulations from their own contract, and yet... they're still putting out Kickstarters and raking in the cash. They offered me my dream job once upon a time, and not only botched that but completely ruined our friendship all in one go. I'm never making art for somebody else like that ever again.

And lastly but not leastly, my gender questioning saga continues.

I just want the holidays to be over already.
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

amberwaves

Apparently I really am that manipulative POS that I try not to be.  Screw BPD and all the negative traits that come with it.  I am really NOT trying to be manipulative. Unfortunately, I don't freaking realize that I am being manipulative until I screw things up and someone finally points out what I did and how it happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  •  

Faith

•  

Sno

Oh Amber,

Have a (hug), just because.

Last state sponsored 'therapy' yesterday, but I'm carrying on, I just need to find a way to pay. We talked through potentially going through a diagnostic trail. Personally, I'm past the point of caring - I've narrowed 'suspects' down to BPD, C-PTSD and/or ADD with a side of gender dysphoria, but suspect that my therapist believes I'm HFA, whatever, stick a bow on it and call me a lemon.

*anxious*/*not anxious* let's just get this next phase done.

Rowan is quietly panicking, yup, just before Christmas. Hohohoho...
  •  

amberwaves

Quote from: Sno on December 20, 2017, 01:20:57 PM
Oh Amber,

Have a (hug), just because.

Last state sponsored 'therapy' yesterday, but I'm carrying on, I just need to find a way to pay. We talked through potentially going through a diagnostic trail. Personally, I'm past the point of caring - I've narrowed 'suspects' down to BPD, C-PTSD and/or ADD with a side of gender dysphoria, but suspect that my therapist believes I'm HFA, whatever, stick a bow on it and call me a lemon.

*anxious*/*not anxious* let's just get this next phase done.

Rowan is quietly panicking, yup, just before Christmas. Hohohoho...

Thanks for the hug. Good luck with the diagnostic trial.  Bpd and ADHD hmm sounds familiar [emoji23].  You get a hug too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

I realized I'm still being ruled by peer pressure today.  We had a screening of Coco at lunch.  It's a tear jerker.  I noticed the guys weren't crying, and I wanted to, but fought it.  Dammit, I really need to be me, not what people expect of me.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Allison S

I'm really getting ahead of myself. I want ffs to fix my nose and brow bossing which cause a lot of dysphoria for me but I feel I'm rushing. I wish I had gotten rhinoplasty years ago when I met with a surgeon.. feeling really down lately

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: dist123 on December 21, 2017, 01:41:34 AM
I'm really getting ahead of myself. I want ffs to fix my nose and brow bossing which cause a lot of dysphoria for me but I feel I'm rushing. I wish I had gotten rhinoplasty years ago when I met with a surgeon.. feeling really down lately

The longer I'm on hrt the less FFS I think I want to do.  I think you just start to be happy with what you have.  Perhaps after a year you won't want as much either?

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Bari Jo on December 21, 2017, 05:01:14 AM
The longer I'm on hrt the less FFS I think I want to do.  I think you just start to be happy with what you have.  Perhaps after a year you won't want as much either?

Bari Jo
That's good to hear! I'm happy for you [emoji4]I'm waiting it out..i have a while to go still

•  

Roll

Found out last night I'm basically solo cooking all of Christmas dinner. This happens every freaking time, big plans are developed but then I'm the one who actually has to carry them out. :-X So now everyone else will be sitting around chatting or doing whatever while I'm rushing back and forth trying to juggle things in the worst oven known to man. Then to top it off, received a last minute special request for some latkes I cooked a few years ago (my step mother is non-observant Jewish, but when her parents were in town one year I made them) meaning I have to go track down shallots (for whatever reason stores close to me do not stock them reliably) and juggle frying on top of everything else.

Ugh, this is going to be a stressful nightmare, and I really, really don't want to deal with it right now.

(And that's on top of that we usually do christmas day meal at a buffet at one of two really high end local places that do special holiday spreads, which I was really looking forward to because the more likely one we'd go to is where they make my precious creme brulee french toast I am trying to desperately to replicate.  :-\)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

@Roll then don't do it! I'm sure they'll figure something out

•  

Roll

Quote from: dist123 on December 21, 2017, 12:41:31 PM
@Roll then don't do it! I'm sure they'll figure something out

Trust me, not an option if I want to ever have peace again. ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

I had a really nice dream where it was summer and I was running through a beautiful green field during a gorgeous sunset and I felt awesome. Then I woke up and it was the first day of winter  >:(
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Maddie86 on December 21, 2017, 04:43:57 PM
I had a really nice dream where it was summer and I was running through a beautiful green field during a gorgeous sunset and I felt awesome. Then I woke up and it was the first day of winter  >:(

I love winter, I just don't want to live in the snow and ice, I grew up there. Not enough fun for the work.

A comment, hopefully that helps ease it a bit, Whenever I read one of your posts your profile pic grabs my eye. A startling intense look where I can't help but stare back. Awesomely lovely photo.

•  

Maddie86

Quote from: Faith on December 21, 2017, 04:54:24 PM
I love winter, I just don't want to live in the snow and ice, I grew up there. Not enough fun for the work.

A comment, hopefully that helps ease it a bit, Whenever I read one of your posts your profile pic grabs my eye. A startling intense look where I can't help but stare back. Awesomely lovely photo.

awww thank you!! <3
  •