Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny94

WARNING: rant about to happen.

Ugh. Words from one of those friends I might have to commute to a non-friend. One of those camp gay guys who thinks it's cool and funny to be a grown adult who makes snide comments about overweight women, ugly women, lesbians, enbies, camp straight men, trans women, and myriad other groups who haven't received the enormous bunk-up the gays have in the last twenty years. You know, them. Thinks "gay" is a personality. It was okay when he was 17, now he's 23. 

So he's got a history of trans-bashing. When I came out, he was basically okay and tried to do the pronouns. Complained about my name because it's his sister's name (for the record, I literally considered that, she's Jen and I'm Jenny, but apparently she used to be Jenny, and so sod it, I sometimes use Jen). Then this stupid facebook exchange happened (CW: extreme Britishness):

him: Does anyone else watch the voice?
me: Yeah. I liked how there was a lesbian on, but it was only briefly mentioned, rather than dwelt upon.
him: Yeah I thought so too! It wasn't like, BECAUSE I'M A FANNY LICKA
me: #some lesbians have dicks
him: do they? [bearing in mind he %^&*ing knows I'm a trans woman!!!!!]
me:...yes, if they're trans
him: [backpedalling] I actually didn't say they had fannies, just fanny lickers
well that's an awkward silence
*stupid bloody selfie [he's self obsessed]*
me: yeah dave, so as you well know, the last thing I said was in response to "do they?" not in response to "fanny lickas", which I actually found pretty funny. But since you're determined to carry on being trans-exclusionary and see me as having no sense of humour, whatever xx

him: I've never even heard the word trans exclusionary. But thanks for that.

SO if anyone read all that, which I don't expect......yes, he has a view of me as having no sense of humour, because I don't laugh at his jokes, which are mostly based on slut-shaming, fat-shaming, trans-shaming, general white privileged gay trash stuff. "I've never heard that word before" was his way of saying that excluding me and others like me was okay and didn't even warrant a word for it. Same thing as the UK media refusing to accept "cisgender" as a word.

I don't know. I'd just seen a nice tumblr post saying "This is just your friendly daily reminder that some lesbians have dicks"....and that made me feel nice.....and he just defecated all over that. Thoughtless, self-obsessed, arrogant, pathetic, childish, disloyal, misogynistic, privileged, transphobic, unintelligent, vain bloody queen.

J xx
"Now I'm dancing with Delilah and her vision is mine" - Florence and the Machine.
  •  

big kim

Jenny it's wankers like that ( & the crappy music!) why I spend so little time on the gay scene!
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jenny94 on January 10, 2018, 10:03:42 PM
WARNING: rant about to happen.

Ugh. Words from one of those friends I might have to commute to a non-friend. One of those camp gay guys who thinks it's cool and funny to be a grown adult who makes snide comments about overweight women, ugly women, lesbians, enbies, camp straight men, trans women, and myriad other groups who haven't received the enormous bunk-up the gays have in the last twenty years. You know, them. Thinks "gay" is a personality. It was okay when he was 17, now he's 23. 

So he's got a history of trans-bashing. When I came out, he was basically okay and tried to do the pronouns. Complained about my name because it's his sister's name (for the record, I literally considered that, she's Jen and I'm Jenny, but apparently she used to be Jenny, and so sod it, I sometimes use Jen). Then this stupid facebook exchange happened (CW: extreme Britishness):

him: Does anyone else watch the voice?
me: Yeah. I liked how there was a lesbian on, but it was only briefly mentioned, rather than dwelt upon.
him: Yeah I thought so too! It wasn't like, BECAUSE I'M A FANNY LICKA
me: #some lesbians have dicks
him: do they? [bearing in mind he %^&*ing knows I'm a trans woman!!!!!]
me:...yes, if they're trans
him: [backpedalling] I actually didn't say they had fannies, just fanny lickers
well that's an awkward silence
*stupid bloody selfie [he's self obsessed]*
me: yeah dave, so as you well know, the last thing I said was in response to "do they?" not in response to "fanny lickas", which I actually found pretty funny. But since you're determined to carry on being trans-exclusionary and see me as having no sense of humour, whatever xx

him: I've never even heard the word trans exclusionary. But thanks for that.

SO if anyone read all that, which I don't expect......yes, he has a view of me as having no sense of humour, because I don't laugh at his jokes, which are mostly based on slut-shaming, fat-shaming, trans-shaming, general white privileged gay trash stuff. "I've never heard that word before" was his way of saying that excluding me and others like me was okay and didn't even warrant a word for it. Same thing as the UK media refusing to accept "cisgender" as a word.

I don't know. I'd just seen a nice tumblr post saying "This is just your friendly daily reminder that some lesbians have dicks"....and that made me feel nice.....and he just defecated all over that. Thoughtless, self-obsessed, arrogant, pathetic, childish, disloyal, misogynistic, privileged, transphobic, unintelligent, vain bloody queen.

J xx

I might be missing something but I don't see the offense in that conversation? Sure, he completely missed the point you were trying to make but it doesn't sound like he was trying to offend you. Also, if he used the word "c*ck-suckers" to describe lesbians it would not work at all lol. Don't shoot me but I think you are overreacting :embarrassed:
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Jenny94

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 11, 2018, 09:05:14 AM
I might be missing something but I don't see the offense in that conversation? Sure, he completely missed the point you were trying to make but it doesn't sound like he was trying to offend you. Also, if he used the word "c*ck-suckers" to describe lesbians it would not work at all lol. Don't shoot me but I think you are overreacting :embarrassed:

You're right, I looked back over that before I posted it and I thought "looks like I'm overreacting, but sod it, I'm having my rant". Take it in the context of his years of passive transphobia and this as a straw on the camel's back type thing....

And yes Kim! Haha.

J xx
"Now I'm dancing with Delilah and her vision is mine" - Florence and the Machine.
  •  

V M

:police:  Let's try to watch the language girls, veiled profanity does not bandage a potty mouth and just makes a person look immature not to mention that it violates the ToS

Thank you

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Roll

Heard back from the only place locally that does laser. They only have the laser once a month, and the Jan day is booked solid. Feb 23rd is their next day, but I have both heavy school (midterms) as well as my HRT followup (same day) so I can't really do that. In other words, I'm screwed until the end of march to even start hair removal locally, leaving me only with the option of driving an hour and a half (then back while in pain) while I have no reliable access to a car and am still not comfortable driving period, much less on the highway I'd have to take without adding an extra 30 minutes on backroads I don't know even as a passenger.

Very disheartened by this, I was even willing to pay what would have been a huge premium for the local convenience... but I can't wait until the end of March to even start. Was hoping to do a few expensive appointments here, then after a time or two if i was more comfortable driving and everything else do the cheaper options.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Artesia

Sarah/Coldheart is closing her Facebook account; and I didn't get to properly say good bye to her. :icon_cry2:

I'm going to miss our chats.  I hope she finds what she needs, and that she is well.

@Coldheart:  Remember, wherever your path may lead, I will always consider you a friend; and that I will always chat with you.  Good luck my friend, and though we may part, a piece of you will always remain in my heart.  Till we meet again!
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Christy Lee

The Gender Therapist i had all picked out and was ready to see, she met all the criteria in what i was looking for in a psychologist... retired, she is still on the website cus there in the process of restructuring it...

*sigh*
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

V M

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 12, 2018, 01:10:26 AM
The Gender Therapist i had all picked out and was ready to see, she met all the criteria in what i was looking for in a psychologist... retired, she is still on the website cus there in the process of restructuring it...

*sigh*

Fret not...

Something like this happened to me as well, the person I was seeing retired, but then I met another therapist who turned out to be a much better match for me and stepped things up a bit
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Christy Lee

Thing is, i hadnt even seen or met her yet, i only rang to make my first appointment and they told me over the phone she had left which i assume meant retired because she is an older lady, and i could see no other Gender Therapist in the practice where she was working, there is another place i know but its further away *sigh*
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

V M

The property mgmt in their fine wisdom announced that our cable TV contract is being cancelled and we have a little over a month to turn in all of our cable boxes, cords and remotes  >:(   

I don't actually watch a lot of television but there are a few programs I do enjoy

Anyway it's just one more pisser in the basket since this Fill in the Blank: ____________________________ mgmt co. took over the facility

- V M
  •  

Laurie

I feel for you V.M. we have the apartment complex sold to a new owner who hired a _________ management company too. They have changed a number of things around here such as requiring renter's insurance. They've also have come up with various rules  that they threaten 50 fines for. I've had 2 warnings myself. One for a messy back porch and the other for trash on the front door access way. For the porch I took pictures and went to the office and was told there was not problem and that they didn't know why I got the warning because my apartment was not on her list. What was the trash? A box and a package the mailman delivered. I've been here 12 -14 years and I think this will be the last. Oh if I move to another 3 bedroom so they can renovate this one will cost me another $300/mo plus a new deposit.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V M

Sounds like the same Dracula er, mgmt co. They want a $300 deposit for just about anything and everything

I'm surprised they haven't installed pay toilets in our own personal units yet  :(

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 12, 2018, 09:32:26 PM
Sounds like the same Dracula er, mgmt co. They want a $300 deposit for just about anything and everything

I'm surprised they haven't installed pay toilets in our own personal units yet  :(

VM,
From the looks of your washtub they're probably waiting for the electrician?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Cali on January 12, 2018, 09:44:26 PM
VM,
From the looks of your washtub they're probably waiting for the electrician?

We have basic facilities LOL...  l just found this avatar pic. to be somewhat amusing

But the lack of privacy and the constant harassment including that of a sexual nature tend to be a bit off putting

After nearly 13 years here at my same address, I really just wish I could afford to move somewhere else   

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 12, 2018, 10:23:27 PM
We have basic facilities LOL...  l just found this avatar pic. to be somewhat amusing

But the lack of privacy and the constant harassment including that of a sexual nature tend to be a bit off putting

After nearly 13 years here at my same address, I really just wish I could afford to move somewhere else   

Oh, so the bathtub isn't your's?  Okay.  May I ask which State you live in?  I'm in Nevada since October last year and 4 year in Texas prior to that.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Christy Lee

I watched a 3d video of Facial Feminization Surgery

Frak me, thats terrifying
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 14, 2018, 07:41:14 AM
I watched a 3d video of Facial Feminization Surgery

Frak me, thats terrifying

Oh, yeah, that was a terrible idea. ;D

In my recent quest to reassure myself about post op SRS results looking realistic I have viewed far too many mid and immediately post surgery pictures by mistake. It is... not heartening.

By the same token, I haven't exactly been unhappy about a lot of what I've found, but I'm certainly not happy with it either... (and wasn't really today so kind of cheating) I've felt more and more like my long term is going to end up with the full range of surgeries, and it scares me. Not just the surgery itself, but the hit and miss nature of so many of the results. I'm trying to tell myself that a lot of that is people going for the cheaper surgeries in Thailand or India, since those are usually where the pictures are from, but it doesn't help the fear.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•