Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

I am in arizona so when I changed my name, the court room was packed with others doing the same. Only one person had a lawyer with her but from what I overheard it was rather complex. She was divorced and the name change involved her child as well. I think she could have probably done it herself but she was more comfortable with a lawyer handling it.

Because my Birth Certificate was in Wisconsin, I also needed to learn the rules there as well. It would have been a bit simpler if I lived there and I could have done it without a lawyer as well. Wisconsin had a single sheet form that I would submit with my surgical letter and that was all the required paper work.

Start by googling "state name change" and you should get the state web site and instruction for a name change.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

A sharp pain in my side that nearly knocks me down then dissipates into a dull pain then I become kinda dizzy and tired and it's difficult to breath sometimes

This has been happening at random for awhile and I think about going to the Dr. but then I start feeling better and forget about it until it hits me again
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: V M on February 06, 2018, 06:07:33 PM
A sharp pain in my side that nearly knocks me down then dissipates into a dull pain then I become kinda dizzy and tired and it's difficult to breath sometimes

This has been happening at random for awhile and I think about going to the Dr. but then I start feeling better and forget about it until it hits me again

Sweetie go get it checked out. For peace of mind if nothing else.

*big hugs*
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Sephirah on February 06, 2018, 06:25:39 PM

*big hugs*

Very true - VM can't be replaced!
I experienced pain like that years ago.  Was diagnosed with an ulcer and IBS.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

Quote from: Sephirah on February 06, 2018, 06:25:39 PM

*big hugs*

Quote from: Cassi on February 06, 2018, 06:27:12 PM
Very true - VM can't be replaced!
I experienced pain like that years ago.  Was diagnosed with an ulcer and IBS.

Thanks friends, I'll try to get in as soon as I can

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Bari Jo

I came back to my car at the park and ride to find one tire was flat.  Upon inspection it was knifed, twice.  No idea why my car was targeted.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

big kim

Bari Jo I daren't have a car in the war zone I live. Even a POS £50 car will be vandalised. I have to keep my bike in a secure lock up 2 blocks away.
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: big kim on February 07, 2018, 02:46:14 AM
Bari Jo I daren't have a car in the war zone I live. Even a POS £50 car will be vandalised. I have to keep my bike in a secure lock up 2 blocks away.

ACK your living situation must be worse than mine.  I jokingly call my area a war zone, but I'm safe to park on Tue street outside and walk at night.  It probably helps that I'm blond and don't have the usual look of a gang member:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 07, 2018, 10:07:25 AM
ACK your living situation must be worse than mine.  I jokingly call my area a war zone, but I'm safe to park on Tue street outside and walk at night.  It probably helps that I'm blond and don't have the usual look of a gang member:)

Bari Jo

Do you live in the Inland Empire?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Cassi on February 07, 2018, 10:08:50 AM
Do you live in the Inland Empire?

Nope, I live in Santa Ana.  Does that peg me?  Probably:)

Bari Jo

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 07, 2018, 10:19:11 AM
Nope, I live in Santa Ana.  Does that peg me?  Probably:)

Bari Jo

I was stationed at the Helicopter base when it was in Santa Ana before the giant earthquake moved it to Tustin where it was decommissioned.

Originally from Long Beach/Lakewood, then Texas 4 years and now Vegas.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

My dad is so clueless. I'm 31 and have never had a girlfriend and yesterday at work in front of people he made a comment about wanting me to give him grandkids someday. NOT HAPPENING. this transition is going to come as a huge shock to him, he's oblivious.

Today we're being hit with a huge snowstorm and I got called off work, I'm trying to save for an apartment and that's a lot of money missing from my check next week, and I already have to take a day off next week because I have a session with my therapist and an electrolysis appointment. The worst part about not working today is that I got up at 4:15, ate breakfast, made coffee, got dressed, even warmed my car up! and then seriously 30 seconds before I was going to leave I got the phone call saying we're not working. I wish I would have known last night, I could have slept in!
  •  

AnnMarie2017

What made me unhappy today ...

For more than six years, I have worked full-time for a man of Indian descent in a job that requires extensive interaction with the public. Our working relationship has been stellar, and he has long regarded me as not only his best employee, but the best he has ever seen at my job. I have worked in an atmosphere of trust and positive regard.

When I suspected I was trans, almost a year ago, I knew I would want to get my ears pierced; so, when sending him a business-related email, I asked him if it would be an issue. He didn't respond. So, the next chance I had to speak to him, I brought it up. It was plain to me that it was a subject he did not want to discuss with me; he was clearly uncomfortable. I did manage to get his OK; but, later, a co-worker disclosed to me that he had said something about it to her. After this, naturally, I wondered, with some trepidation what his reaction would be to finding out I was trans.

As the months went on, I gradually came out to most of my co-workers. My relationship with dysphoria is unusual, based on what I've read other girls experience. It's there, but I managed for so long without realizing what it was that my defense mechanisms kick in automatically. I often notice it in retrospect; I see myself react to something, then realize, "Oh, that was dysphoria." My birth name brings this out a lot, lately. I began using my new name at work before it was legal. I don't see my boss very often because of the hours I work and because he manages several businesses; so, we never discussed it. I was just getting to the point where my birth name was becoming a real trial to me, psychologically, and I needed to make the change. I used my new name on my paperwork for several weeks, and never heard a peep.

When the process began of formalizing my name change by getting a court order, I notified him by email that I would be changing my name and would update him when I had a new ID and social security card, which I thought he would need to see. No response. After I got these documents, I notified him by email. No response. Furthermore, I have begun to sense that the way he deals with me has shifted. Things that would previously have led to a phone call from him are now being communicated through an intermediary. I recently got a note from him that was, not harsh, but not as cordial as his notes have usually been for the last six years. And this is, I think, significant: the note was dictated by him to someone else who transcribed it -- someone who knows I'm trans, an ally, someone who would never address me by my birth name -- and it addressed me as [deadname]. This was obviously intentional. When I asked the person who transcribed it who had written the note, she looked uncomfortable and said she had written it as she had been told to write it. This is indicative of more than discomfort on my boss' part; it suggests hostility.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But I'm worried. Trans is not a protected class where I live; but, while my job security does concern me, it's really the change I fear in my working environment that has me down today. I'm really down about this.

I've decided to take what I would normally consider an extreme measure. I left a message for a management-level subordinate of his at one of his other businesses, someone who has worked for him for many years, asking her to call me tomorrow. As far as I know, she doesn't know I'm trans – though who knows, with the rumor mill – and I'm going to explain the situation to her and get her feedback. Worst-case scenario, I'm going to ask her to speak to him; if he feels about me the way I suspect, I'm the last person he wants to talk to.

This just really has me down tonight, and I needed to tell someone.

P.S. It's funny about my birth name. Sometimes, now, I can barely bring myself to say it. Sometimes, I can't say it at all. For instance, when I left the message for the management-level subordinate I mentioned, the person taking the message naturally wanted to know who was calling; and, although this woman knows me by my birth name only, I couldn't bring myself to say it. I ended up just telling the person taking the message that it was the [job title] at [this other business], and saying she would know who I was. Funny, huh?
  •  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: AnnMarie2017 on February 08, 2018, 12:40:44 AMand, although this woman knows me by my birth name only, I couldn't bring myself to say it. I ended up just telling the person taking the message that it was the [job title] at [this other business], and saying she would know who I was. Funny, huh?

I too hate, have always hated my birth name even though it's a common name and perfectly acceptable to everyone else. I refuse to leave voicemails and I never create my own voicemail greetings. I developed a signature that is just an unintelligible scribble. And I prefer it when people address me by my last name only even though that's usually an indication of emotional distance. It's so nice to be able to use a name of your own choosing in RPGs.

Edit: I just finished reading the wiki entry on transgenders in India. They are known as Hijra and are basically treated very poorly as third class citizens. Perhaps your boss is of the opinion that this is okay.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Well the guy that I had my first date and kiss with has not called or text in a week now we used to text almost every night , I just wish he would have said something I don't care if he did not like me just wish he could tell me he did not want to be at least friends just make me sad and a little heart broken.  :icon_sadblinky:
  •  

AnnMarie2017

Quote from: AgentVermont052 on February 06, 2018, 02:17:47 PMAlso wondering how I'll be able to afford a name change considering everyone is saying I'm required to have a lawyer. But my state doesn't say I need one for the court date so I'm just annoyed and confused at all this mixed information and lack of communication.

This is odd. A name change is one of the simplest legal procedures there is. Some courts have pre-printed forms you can use to do it yourself; you still have to pay the filing fee, but that's about it. In some courts, the clerk will just take the paperwork in to the judge, he'll sign it, and bingo.

Some LGBT centers also provide forms and a roadmap through the process so that you can do it yourself.
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 08, 2018, 01:59:50 AM
Well the guy that I had my first date and kiss with has not called or text in a week now we used to text almost every night , I just wish he would have said something I don't care if he did not like me just wish he could tell me he did not want to be at least friends just make me sad and a little heart broken.  :icon_sadblinky:

Sorry to hear that! I'd like to say maybe he's just busy with something, but a week with no text doesn't sound good.  :(
You'll find someone else though, so hang in there hon!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on February 08, 2018, 01:59:50 AM

Hang in there Natalie, There could be lots of reasons not related to you. Either way, you have a lot going for you don't get hung up on the first one.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

I want to say thank you both Sarah_P and Faith both your words made me feel better. It is just weird I feel like a high school girl waiting for a guy to call.
  •  

V M

A friend of mine had to put his dog down because it became sick with an illness somewhat rare to dogs and so we're commiserating on that  :'(  He was a great lil' dog and will be greatly missed

- V M
  •