Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_P

I'm going to be at home doing nothing for Valentine's yet again. Sigh. Maybe next year?
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: lds98498 on February 14, 2018, 05:46:46 PM
I'm in a very similar situation. Me and my partner are still together. She is trying to support me. But the romantic part of relationship died 7 months ago. ( Mostly my fault. ).....I hope things will get better for you and your wife...... hugs !!!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Well, that's a really old post, and things have gotten a little better, but we still live together in separate rooms, no cuddling or kissing and "not a couple" although the hard work of being a couple is still there. Today is just about the hardest day to deal with in this situation.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Faith

Ok, this is not high on the list of unhappy moments but ....

I just stubbed my big toe on the stairs @work. I am wearing open toed sandals, red velvet painted nails and, it just tore half the nail off .... OWWWWWW .....

It's going to take forever for it to grow back out to get shaped properly :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Cassi

Ouch and ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Faith on February 15, 2018, 09:04:37 AM
Ok, this is not high on the list of unhappy moments but ....

I just stubbed my big toe on the stairs @work. I am wearing open toed sandals, red velvet painted nails and, it just tore half the nail off .... OWWWWWW .....

It's going to take forever for it to grow back out to get shaped properly :(

Ouch!!

I had yet another fingernail break this morning. I swear, if they grow more than a 1/2 mm out they just break. Why can't my toenails do that? My 2 big toenails are ingrown and I could probably actually get them cut completely back if they were that brittle. Maybe all the biotin I'm taking is going directly to my toes? I hope some of it is helping my hair, too.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Kylo

Well, one good thing about the fact people always kind of half-assed Valentines Day for me in the past means I can half-ass it now. Or forget about it completely.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Roll

I mentioned in the happy thread I stopped and actually looked at women's clothes in Sam's Club, and that I was going to try again at Target. Well, I went over there, and I faltered. Faltered hard. I was surprised by the number of people there at that time of day on a Thursday, a group of employees were gathered around the dressing room entrance just talking... and I couldn't go through with it. I made a complete loop of the store, picked up some groceries to try to build my courage back up, then went back. Not many people around, so I looked at one or two things near the aisle, sort of mumbling to myself like I was trying to remember someone else's size. Got scared, and stopped. Went to men's section, grabbed a pair of jeans (believe it or not I own no jeans, period, male or otherwise) that were somewhat androgynous and a pink-ish generic t-shirt, but that's the most I could do. Unfortunately, the shirt doesn't look good on me color wise, and was more just a desperate attempt to salvage something mentally... I'm so mad at myself for not finding the courage, and just really sad because I honestly thought going over there I would be coming home with a pair of women's jeans at the least.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Roll on February 15, 2018, 10:27:18 PM
I mentioned in the happy thread I stopped and actually looked at women's clothes in Sam's Club, and that I was going to try again at Target. Well, I went over there, and I faltered. Faltered hard. I was surprised by the number of people there at that time of day on a Thursday, a group of employees were gathered around the dressing room entrance just talking... and I couldn't go through with it. I made a complete loop of the store, picked up some groceries to try to build my courage back up, then went back. Not many people around, so I looked at one or two things near the aisle, sort of mumbling to myself like I was trying to remember someone else's size. Got scared, and stopped. Went to men's section, grabbed a pair of jeans (believe it or not I own no jeans, period, male or otherwise) that were somewhat androgynous and a pink-ish generic t-shirt, but that's the most I could do. Unfortunately, the shirt doesn't look good on me color wise, and was more just a desperate attempt to salvage something mentally... I'm so mad at myself for not finding the courage, and just really sad because I honestly thought going over there I would be coming home with a pair of women's jeans at the least.

Ellie Ellie Ellie

Girl I know exactly what you mean. I waited for around Christmas for a lot of years to go "Looking for a clothing gift" for a woman in my life... Me. It is indeed scary to go into the no man's land of women's clothing and look around. I now can do it but would you believe I had never tried on a piece of women's clothing until I went to a women's boutique get together with Michelle? I tried on  5 tops and bought none. I have yet to do it on my own.  You'll get there Hun. It is just going to take some time. you need to find a girlfriend to go do it with.

Hug,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Laurie on February 15, 2018, 10:42:11 PM
It is just going to take some time. you need to find a girlfriend to go do it with.

This! Would your sister be willing to go with you sometime?
I can't even count the number of times I did the exact same thing! Even if you know in your mind that it's no big deal, it's hard to get over that emotional anxiety about it. I will say this - now that I shop in the women's section exclusively, I've actually noticed quite a few solo men looking there, too. I have no idea if they're there for themselves or are buying a gift, and I really don't worry about it. Well, unless they try to take something I want.
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Roll on February 15, 2018, 10:27:18 PM
A trick I used to do was grab a couple of big shirts from the men's department and used them to sandwich the stuff I really wanted to try on.  Some places they want to know how many you have but they just count the hangers.   

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Kylo on February 15, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
Well, one good thing about the fact people always kind of half-assed Valentines Day for me in the past means I can half-ass it now. Or forget about it completely.

Stated just like a true man!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Unfortunately, I don't have any friends in the area, much less female friends to go with. :/ I'm still working up to being dressed around my sister. (First thing I did though when I got home is asked her about the pinkish shirt on me. She concurred, didn't really work with my skin tone despite a lot of people saying the pastel pinks would.)

Quote from: TonyaW on February 15, 2018, 11:28:49 PM
A trick I used to do was grab a couple of big shirts from the men's department and used them to sandwich the stuff I really wanted to try on.  Some places they want to know how many you have but they just count the hangers.   

Unfortunately as well, they were being thorough about what you took into the dressing room yesterday. They usually aren't, sometimes it is even completely unattended.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sinead

I'M SO TIRED OF EVERYONE AROUND ME TELLING ME TO WAIT TO GET HORMONES ON THE NHS (which could take up to 3 years) INSTEAD OF GETTING THEM PRIVATELY. THEY SEEM TO THINK I WANT TO GO ON HORMONES RIGHT NOW (which isn't the case) BUT I'M NOT WILLING TO WAIT 3 YEARS TO GO ON THEM, ESPECIALLY AS I KNOW I WILL BE READY FOR THEM LONG BEFORE I GET THEM THEOUGH THE NHS

*sorry for caps, it's just been pissing me off, lol
  •  

Allison S

This was the other day I went to get prescription glasses, or at least look at them. The salesperson, as nice as she was, directed me to the men's section. I get it, she was basing it on how I'm presenting, but I thought prior that people staring at me literally everywhere I go meant something was up (I'm changing). Apparently I need my head checked.

It's not being misgendered (questionable since I was I was in "guy" mode) that bothers me. I should've just went to the women's glasses. It's my $$ they want in the end. Instead I told her I'll look online. Which is true but still feels like a fail.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Sinead on February 18, 2018, 06:51:28 AM
I'M SO TIRED OF EVERYONE AROUND ME TELLING ME TO WAIT TO GET HORMONES ON THE NHS (which could take up to 3 years) INSTEAD OF GETTING THEM PRIVATELY. THEY SEEM TO THINK I WANT TO GO ON HORMONES RIGHT NOW (which isn't the case) BUT I'M NOT WILLING TO WAIT 3 YEARS TO GO ON THEM, ESPECIALLY AS I KNOW I WILL BE READY FOR THEM LONG BEFORE I GET THEM THEOUGH THE NHS

*sorry for caps, it's just been pissing me off, lol

Yeah 3 years is way too long. Heck I thought my 1 month wait was long. I remember when you first started posting about realizing you're trans and that you wanted to wait to start hrt. I actually admire you wanting to take your time. But I guess for me I'd been crossdressing for over a year before accepting I'm trans.

•  

Sinead

Quote from: Allison S on February 18, 2018, 07:29:24 AM

Yeah 3 years is way too long. Heck I thought my 1 month wait was long. I remember when you first started posting about realizing you're trans and that you wanted to wait to start hrt. I actually admire you wanting to take your time. But I guess for me I'd been crossdressing for over a year before accepting I'm trans.

It just shows complete ignorance from them, and it's coming from the ones I love the most. On one hand, I fully understand what they're saying, I shouldn't rush into anything, but they seem to miss the part where I say (repeatedly I might add) "I'm not saying I'm going to go on hormones right now, but I am not waiting 3 years for them", I think that sounds very fair if I'm being perfectly honest, because if I really wanted to, I'd be on them right now.

I would go on them right now if I'm being completely honest, but I know myself that I'm not ready for that yet, I still have a lot I have to do, but these things are currently in place or are close to being started, there's no way, that once I have mastered make-up, am living part time at least and start referring to myself as Sinead, that I'm gonna spend however long it is twiddling my thumbs waiting on the NHS. It could be years of my life, if I'm being honest, I sort've feel like I've wasted 25 years of my life already, not exploring my femininity
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Sinead on February 18, 2018, 08:49:47 AM
It just shows complete ignorance from me, and it's coming from the ones I love the most. On one hand, I fully understand what they're saying, I shouldn't rush into anything, but they seem to miss the part where I say (repeatedly I might add) "I'm not saying I'm going to go on hormones right now, but I am not waiting 3 years for them", I think that sounds very fair if I'm being perfectly honest, because if I really wanted to, I'd be on them right now.

I would go on them right now if I'm being completely honest, but I know myself that I'm not ready for that yet, I still have a lot I have to do, but these things are currently in place or are close to being started, there's no way, that once I have mastered make-up, am living part time at least and start referring to myself as Sinead, that I'm gonna spend however long it is twiddling my thumbs waiting on the NHS. It could be years of my life, if I'm being honest, I sort've feel like I've wasted 25 years of my life already, not exploring my femininity

I know girl. It's not easy. Even on hrt it's a lot of waiting. I'm struggling with managing the dysphoria. I'm scared that if I go fulltime I'll be traumatized by being misgendered. Part of me wants to know I can pass before I invest in this which is hard.

By the way makeup is too expensive! Another reason I just want hrt to do what it does so I don't need as much

•  

Mariah

Having to put our cat midnight down do to a tumor. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Sarah_P

Went to electrolysis today, and looked at my 3 days of facial hair growth in the mirror. Seeing that's bad enough, but I noticed a LOT more dark hairs than there were a month ago. Looks like the laser treatments backfired on me, so now I'll have more to burn through at the electrocutioner. Sigh...
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Allison S

I feel so silly saying this... I was upset myself immediately after my roommate offered to help me and I told him "no I got it". I feel like I'm pushing him away... I don't even know if he likes me...

We don't talk much anyway. I shouldn't have feelings but he's so good looking and "around". It's so hard not to! I wasn't prepared for this. I thought I'd avoid all guys until I after I full transition! What a huge fail...

•