Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

I actually drove an hour to my county justice building to pick a new name change form to see what it requires now since the new law took affect this past January. It was closed for weather. Arrg
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Sarah_P

I've been getting my name changed various places, and had almost forgotten about my car insurance. So I called up Progressive, and also mentioned that I'm legally female now, too. Because of the gender change they raised my rates $25 / 6 months!!!  :icon_anger:
Apparently I'm officially a crazy woman driver?! Aren't I supposed to do my nails in the car?  While texting? :P
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Faith

Quote from: Sarah_P on February 21, 2018, 10:16:13 AM
I've been getting my name changed various places, and had almost forgotten about my car insurance. So I called up Progressive, and also mentioned that I'm legally female now, too. Because of the gender change they raised my rates $25 / 6 months!!!  :icon_anger:
Apparently I'm officially a crazy woman driver?! Aren't I supposed to do my nails in the car?  While texting? :P

pffft ... everyone knows that you can't do your nails and text, you'll mess up your nails. facial makeup is ok for multitasking
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on February 21, 2018, 10:18:16 AM
pffft ... everyone knows that you can't do your nails and text, you'll mess up your nails. facial makeup is ok for multitasking

Plus you'd get polish all over the screen. I do limit the makeup to powder and lipstick while driving. Eyeliner not recommended!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 21, 2018, 10:28:38 AM
Plus you'd get polish all over the screen. I do limit the makeup to powder and lipstick while driving. Eyeliner not recommended!
- Stephanie

absolutely, how would you drive if you poked your eye out??!!?? Good point
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Sarah_P

I just turn on the cruise control! Then I can do whatever. You don't even have to touch the wheel!
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

PollyQMcLovely

I don't really have any friends or family but there is a group of people I'm friendly with that I see in Central Park while walking the dog. One of them is trans and I have been looking forward to telling her I started HRT. Today was a glorious day in NYC so I went down there and I was hoping we'd have a nice chat, maybe have lunch and I'd have someone to share with. So I tell her and she says Lemme know how that goes, and walks off. She wasn't being inconsiderate or anything I don't think. It was a let down and a hard reality check. A reminder that even though I'm still an egg with only a month and a half of HRT behind me I need to be careful to temper my expectations. That even if I get the SRS I desire so much that there's a good chance I'll still just spend all day in bed. That no matter how what I do I'll never be a real person.

tl;dr First person I told that I started HRT barely acknowledged me.
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on February 21, 2018, 07:59:40 PM
I don't really have any friends or family but there is a group of people I'm friendly with that I see in Central Park while walking the dog. One of them is trans and I have been looking forward to telling her I started HRT. Today was a glorious day in NYC so I went down there and I was hoping we'd have a nice chat, maybe have lunch and I'd have someone to share with. So I tell her and she says Lemme know how that goes, and walks off. She wasn't being inconsiderate or anything I don't think. It was a let down and a hard reality check. A reminder that even though I'm still an egg with only a month and a half of HRT behind me I need to be careful to temper my expectations. That even if I get the SRS I desire so much that there's a good chance I'll still just spend all day in bed. That no matter how what I do I'll never be a real person.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but don't let it get you down. If it was me I would have been happy for you (I am!) and given you a big hug. Here, have a virtual ::HUG::! :icon_hug:
--Sarah P

- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on February 21, 2018, 07:59:40 PM

People can be strange for any number of reasons. I'm just pulling thoughts out of the air, but it could be something like she's so fragile that she feels her uniqueness is being threatened by an "egg." Or maybe she can't afford or was denied HRT. Or maybe she just had a bad day. It's a shame she couldn't bring herself to be supportive, but she's only one person with her own problems. Don't forget all your sisters and brothers here who are joyful for you.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 21, 2018, 09:53:35 PM
People can be strange for any number of reasons.
- Stephanie

I'm not mad at her at all. It was presumptive of me to think I could just spring that on a person. She's good people.

Thanks for the kind words.
  •  

big kim

Reports of fishing hooks hidden in dog toys.I hope they're caught and made to chew one
  •  

jaybutterfly

Work cut my hours down to 4 hours after I applied for a job and didnt get it. Hilariously because without putting it on the job description or application pack, my boss told me 'youre the prime candidate but we only want a lady for the role, which you are not.' Now Im pissed off enough as is that I lost out, but him saying that was a double slap he didnt realize. Him saying that too me though has confirmed 2 things to me.

1. I dont want to work there.
2. Im actually within my rights to threaten legal action after Im told the only reason I didnt get it was because of whats between my legs. Im writing to the head office of our area and leaving a note at the bottom that if there is no action on this (which is against the equality act of 2010) I will be taking it to the very top of the organisation and may whatever god or cosmic forces are out there help the entire Fylde Coast branch of the YMCA if that happens. They can either settle or I will do my utmost to bleed them of ever bit of money I can. Im fuming.

•  

V M

Quote from: jaybutterfly on February 22, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
Work cut my hours down to 4 hours after I applied for a job and didnt get it. Hilariously because without putting it on the job description or application pack, my boss told me 'youre the prime candidate but we only want a lady for the role, which you are not.' Now Im pissed off enough as is that I lost out, but him saying that was a double slap he didnt realize. Him saying that too me though has confirmed 2 things to me.

1. I dont want to work there.
2. Im actually within my rights to threaten legal action after Im told the only reason I didnt get it was because of whats between my legs. Im writing to the head office of our area and leaving a note at the bottom that if there is no action on this (which is against the equality act of 2010) I will be taking it to the very top of the organisation and may whatever god or cosmic forces are out there help the entire Fylde Coast branch of the YMCA if that happens. They can either settle or I will do my utmost to bleed them of ever bit of money I can. Im fuming.

Wow!!! That does suck!!! That's like a bop on the head and a kick butt at the same time, I'd be pissed too
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

jaybutterfly

Quote from: V M on February 22, 2018, 05:08:43 PM
Wow!!! That does suck!!! That's like a bop on the head and a kick butt at the same time, I'd be pissed too

I was about to ask 'well what about your other minorities' but that would involve outing myself to the company and one of them I know is a transphobe (if youre a man, be a man its that simple, is something I have heard him say when hes out of earshot of one of our transgender members) and I dont think I would be allowed to keep working there
  •  

TonyaW

Seeing him in the mirror the last two days.
WTF?.  Wednesday I felt great and even put up a pic in the Fabulous thread.  Last two days I've absolutely hated the mirror.

Added medroxyprogesterone to the HRT last week but think it's too soon to blame that.

Maybe it's time to color my hair again, roots are starting to show

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Jessica

That I can't stop tearing up, and I don't want to talk about it.  Both of those I'm sad about.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Jessica on February 23, 2018, 01:11:32 PM
That I can't stop tearing up, and I don't want to talk about it.  Both of those I'm sad about.

*gives you a big hug*

I hope you feel better soon, sweetie. Really I do.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Jessica on February 23, 2018, 01:11:32 PM

Now young lady enough of that nonsense. As Sephirah said BIG HUG and you know I'm here for you at any time.
  •  

Jessica

Thank you Sephirah and Cindy 💕💕
I do feel much better!

Not so tearful Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Dee Marshall

A pimple on my nose! I'm 58! WTF?

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •