News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on April 26, 2018, 03:06:17 PM
Hit my thumb joint with a hammer trying to chisel a bolt off an under tray , a bit sore still. Ended up breaking it off and now its skip fodder!!

Your thumb?!?
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Roll

Well, it's official. I've never hated anyone as much as I hate the guy who taught my Database class this semester. I've mentioned in my thread about how I've been really on the edge in this course, and the guy is just unpredictable, and strict over the stupidest things. While at the same time not giving good directions on what he's looking for. So this group project I had was massive, absolutely massive. I spent more time on it than the rest of my courses combined, not even including the normal course work. I was killing myself on this thing. So got my grade back today. 90. Okay, not... bad. I felt it should have been way higher, but given this guy, probably about the best I could hope for. Against my better judgment, I go to see where the points were lost. I'm going down the list and everything in the rubric is marked off as perfect. I'm getting really confused, but then I get down to the bottom. Apparently we left two tiny things(like honest to god, minuscule) out of PowerPoint presentation (which was completely redundant and served no purpose to begin with, the database and documentation speaks for itself). The Database itself is perfect apparently, but had a full 10% off. Because of those two tiny, tiny things left out of the PowerPoint...

I am just... I am just beyond floored.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

V M

Been really bored, frustrated and depressed with pretty much every aspect of my life - I often go to bed with the hope that I'll never wake up again, but I do
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: V M on May 03, 2018, 03:25:21 PM
Been really bored, frustrated and depressed with pretty much every aspect of my life - I often go to bed with the hope that I'll never wake up again, but I do
Me too

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Quote from: V M on May 03, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

I am sorry you feel that way but there are alot of people that love and care about you and you still have things to accomplish here. It is not your time. if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me and we can talk. I know life is hard and frustrating at times but every one makes a difference in someones life and you being here is helping others and that is just on this site. You help thousands of people a day and you really don't know it. If you help one person and they help one and they help one and so on because of you thousands of people were helped.

Quote from: Allison S on May 03, 2018, 04:01:23 PM
Me too

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

And that goes for you too Miss Allison
  •  

King Malachite

Knowing that I have to call the IRS today to verify my identity.  I just want my tax refund. 
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Dee Marshall

Finding out I can't reregister my car because of a ticket I had forgotten about

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

TicTac

I made a friend on Susan's Place but I can't add her to my buddies list because it always takes me to an error page  :( I tried different computers and everything! Ugh! Anyone else have this issue or just me??
  •  

King Malachite

Knowing that I have to go into the IRS office to verify my identity.  :/
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

4A-GZE

I found a roach in my kitchen this morning, crawling all over my spoons. So now I can't have cereal for breakfast.
  •  

Allison S

I don't know. Since I started cutting my spiro in half, I've been crying a lot more and a lot easier.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Allison S on May 05, 2018, 08:09:57 AM
I don't know. Since I started cutting my spiro in half, I've been crying a lot more and a lot easier.

That's interesting and sad at the same time.  I'm curious why that is happening.
Is this reduction ordered by your doctor?  If not, maybe talk to them about it.
Hope things even out for you. 

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Jessica on May 05, 2018, 08:17:32 AM
That's interesting and sad at the same time.  I'm curious why that is happening.
Is this reduction ordered by your doctor?  If not, maybe talk to them about it.
Hope things even out for you. 

Hugs, Jess

Thanks, Jessica. No, I just feel like I'm taking too many meds. My T is very low already so I figured it's not a big deal... I'll mention this at my next visit.

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Allison S on May 05, 2018, 08:25:37 AM

Thanks, Jessica. No, I just feel like I'm taking too many meds. My T is very low already so I figured it's not a big deal... I'll mention this at my next visit.

Please, please, please put your meds back where they were at least until you talk to your doctor. What we have to do to our bodies to be who we really are is a complex balancing act. A few weeks ago I accidentally took an extra dose of estradiol and felt really sick.

I work with disabled people and very often they'll stop their meds because they feel better then get worse all over again. Our meds aren't like aspirin where the headache goes away and we don't need them anymore. They're like insulin, something we have to take forever because of a problem in our bodies that can be adjusted but not fixed.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Dee Marshall on May 05, 2018, 09:38:14 AM
Please, please, please put your meds back where they were at least until you talk to your doctor. What we have to do to our bodies to be who we really are is a complex balancing act. A few weeks ago I accidentally took an extra dose of estradiol and felt really sick.

I work with disabled people and very often they'll stop their meds because they feel better then get worse all over again. Our meds aren't like aspirin where the headache goes away and we don't need them anymore. They're like insulin, something we have to take forever because of a problem in our bodies that can be adjusted but not fixed.

Thanks for your concern. I only cut 1 pill in half and I take 3... that's for spiro alone. I asked him to increase my dose, he obliged. My last doctor cautioned against increasing spiro in the first place, but I didn't listen to her and switched to this endo who basically okays everything I ask.

I honestly think the estrodial is having more of an effect.
I was tired of waking up at 3am just to take my estrodial tablet so I decided to take it at bed time instead. This is probably a factor too.

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Allison S on May 05, 2018, 12:21:48 PM
Thanks for your concern. I only cut 1 pill in half and I take 3... that's for spiro alone. I asked him to increase my dose, he obliged. My last doctor cautioned against increasing spiro in the first place, but I didn't listen to her and switched to this endo who basically okays everything I ask.

I honestly think the estrodial is having more of an effect.
I was tired of waking up at 3am just to take my estrodial tablet so I decided to take it at bed time instead. This is probably a factor too.

I can understand that. I wouldn't want to get up at 3:00 to take it either. I take it twice a day 12 hours apart although between my age and the spirolactone I'm awake for a few minutes at 3:00 am anyway. I also take it for my BP and my primary said he won't let me off it even if I have an orchie.  :-(

•  

TicTac

Went to my useless transgender group therapy or whatever and sat there bored out of my mind. Went there hoping to make friends but I am always ignored. May as well be invisible. People tell me I am unapproachable but I am not sure why. Oh well, I can't make people like me I suppose.

Rant over.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: TicTac on May 07, 2018, 06:19:40 PM
Went to my useless transgender group therapy or whatever and sat there bored out of my mind. Went there hoping to make friends but I am always ignored. May as well be invisible. People tell me I am unapproachable but I am not sure why. Oh well, I can't make people like me I suppose.

Rant over.
Discuss this with your therapist. After my therapy group sessions, people would hang around after the meeting and chat about just about anything. After they closed the building, we would move into the parking lot and sometimes talk well after midnight. This was pretty rough sometimes because the meetings where held on Tuesday and the following day was always a work day but the company was well worth the discomfort the next day. The only way to make friends is to meet them half way and sadly that is a skill many of us need work on. Hiding away in our shell as we do for so many years is not the way to make friends.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: TicTac on May 07, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Rant over.

I will say this on their behalf, and it's definitely not my place to but, you were welcomed there. Yes, it might have been boring but not everywhere we go we'll be welcomed. And I don't mean because we're trans, but as people with a lot of imperfections. I know you will make friends, it's just a matter of going in and telling yourself that you will. Someone may need you as their friend.
By the way, who said you're unapproachable?

•  

Dee Marshall

I spent the last three business days trying to put my car back on the road. This morning I put the new license plates on it and took it out to make sure it was ok after the three months of inactivity. Went about a mile. It's not. It died in a left turn lane of a major intersection. I've never heard noises like that out of an engine compartment.

So there I sat, calling AAA with people pulling up behind me and honking like their horn is going to scare my car into starting. A soldier came over and tried to help by pushing my car to the shoulder. We couldn't get it into neutral. Then a deputy sheriff showed up to direct traffic around me. They honked at him to get out of the way, too!

The tow truck driver showed up and we got my car home. Turns out I know him. We had a nice conversation. Everyone (except the other drivers) was so nice and helpful. It is so nice to be a woman when you run into trouble. Chivalry is not dead!

So, dead engine, dead transmission, both?

I still owe money on that car!

•