Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

Seeing a man's body in the mirror really slapped me in the face this morning. My tummy also feels really chubby again :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Dee Marshall

A month living at a retreat center has chubbed me up as well. [emoji26]

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Had an interview for the position of a carer today for old folks. The stuff I had to fill out was naturally all male male male, man name man name man name. But what ever its formalities and my name is unfortunately not changed or nothing, so I just felt with it.
After all the usual questions interview was over all had went well and I left.
When I was in the car about to leave she runs up to me tell me that I had more than liekly got the job. But as my transition is not to the point I'm officially female I would have to work mostly with male patients and the team I would be working with will naturally be more men. I felt sick but thought no point showing her that, so I just said well it'll be alright asking as my name tag still says Rachel, she said it would most likely have to be my old name.
I felt so rotten, I could bring myself to say anything on it and left.
I feel like garabage after this >-bleeped-<ty day.
Feel sick and ugly and like some sort of halfling.

•  

davina61

HUGS Rachal love ,so do you think its time to sort the name change then?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Thanks Davina.
Yes maybe it really is time to chase it up.
I'm just amazed at the outcome of that interview :/

•  

Allison S

Wow, Rachel. I'm so sorry to hear that happened and honestly shocked... I hope that you'll find somewhere that you feel more comfortable being. I'm going through name change issues right now myself...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Being a "woman" doesn't feel like the holy grail I used to idolize before... it feels like a chore and I've fallen behind in every other area of my life just to "keep up". I really can't though... it just stinks. I know I need to come to acceptance within myself, but being trans feels like a crutch to me. I don't want to be cis either, I just don't care for the transgender label. I really don't even know what being transgender is.. I know that sounds weird but it's how I feel.

•  

Roll

Quote from: Allison S on June 27, 2018, 06:16:48 AM
Being a "woman" doesn't feel like the holy grail I used to idolize before... it feels like a chore and I've fallen behind in every other area of my life just to "keep up". I really can't though... it just stinks. I know I need to come to acceptance within myself, but being trans feels like a crutch to me. I don't want to be cis either, I just don't care for the transgender label. I really don't even know what being transgender is.. I know that sounds weird but it's how I feel.

Sweetie, there is no "weird". Your feelings are your feelings, and I'm sure many people share them. Just try to remember, all that ultimately matters is that you are you, and honest with yourself, whatever form that may take.

Unfortunately, I think we'd all agree transitioning is... not easy. Everything we do is time consuming, expensive, requires years of practice, there are countless times where we have to suffer through unbearable waits... I'm trying to convince myself of this right now as well, but there is no need to "keep up" or do anything on a schedule. These are self imposed restrictions we place upon ourselves. If you need to take a break from the stuff that weighs you down, then do so. Forget about doing anything you don't absolutely have to do to keep any dysphoria at bay, let the hormones do their thing in the background, and give yourself a breather.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Roll on June 27, 2018, 01:47:02 PM
Sweetie, there is no "weird". Your feelings are your feelings, and I'm sure many people share them. Just try to remember, all that ultimately matters is that you are you, and honest with yourself, whatever form that may take.

Unfortunately, I think we'd all agree transitioning is... not easy. Everything we do is time consuming, expensive, requires years of practice, there are countless times where we have to suffer through unbearable waits... I'm trying to convince myself of this right now as well, but there is no need to "keep up" or do anything on a schedule. These are self imposed restrictions we place upon ourselves. If you need to take a break from the stuff that weighs you down, then do so. Forget about doing anything you don't absolutely have to do to keep any dysphoria at bay, let the hormones do their thing in the background, and give yourself a breather.
Thank you [emoji173] you're right. I feel like I'm really not doing much at all yet I see everyone progressing beautifully in their own way. I don't think I've really done anything substantial in my transitio for a few months now. I actually feel stuck with my name change because of other circumstances outside my control. And then this is pushing everything else back for me. When people say to have patience, it has a different meaning for me. It means I'm not just waiting on hrt to do "more" (it doesn't have to do anything, I've let go of that expectation), but in a way to live my life and move on with it.

I'm scared I'll be on hrt indefinitely with nothing to really look forward to yet being misgendered constantly and having to explain myself. This is not what I signed up for [emoji17]

•  

Roll

Quote from: Allison S on June 27, 2018, 04:07:45 PM
Thank you [emoji173] you're right. I feel like I'm really not doing much at all yet I see everyone progressing beautifully in their own way. I don't think I've really done anything substantial in my transitio for a few months now. I actually feel stuck with my name change because of other circumstances outside my control. And then this is pushing everything else back for me. When people say to have patience, it has a different meaning for me. It means I'm not just waiting on hrt to do "more" (it doesn't have to do anything, I've let go of that expectation), but in a way to live my life and move on with it.

I'm scared I'll be on hrt indefinitely with nothing to really look forward to yet being misgendered constantly and having to explain myself. This is not what I signed up for [emoji17]

That seems like a natural enough fear to me, you shouldn't beat yourself up for having it.

But yeah, definitely don't just rely on HRT and wait for some magic moment where you suddenly pass without trying. But just remember you are allowed to take a break from the grind and that it doesn't mean things aren't still happening to some degree, with the expectation that at some point you probably do plan to return some or all of those things you tabled as you feel up to it.

I think the trap we run into is that we feel we have wasted so much time (I know I do), if we want to have time left to truly live we have to get everything done immediately, but it's just too much for one person to do without fail and stay sane.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Allison S on June 27, 2018, 06:04:00 AM
Wow, Rachel. I'm so sorry to hear that happened and honestly shocked... I hope that you'll find somewhere that you feel more comfortable being. I'm going through name change issues right now myself...

Thanks Allison.  It's a very dirty situation

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on June 28, 2018, 07:19:31 AM
Thanks Allison.  It's a very dirty situation

[emoji173] I know everytime I'm dead named I feel terrible

Quote from: Roll on June 27, 2018, 08:49:21 PM
That seems like a natural enough fear to me, you shouldn't beat yourself up for having it.

But yeah, definitely don't just rely on HRT and wait for some magic moment where you suddenly pass without trying. But just remember you are allowed to take a break from the grind and that it doesn't mean things aren't still happening to some degree, with the expectation that at some point you probably do plan to return some or all of those things you tabled as you feel up to it.

I think the trap we run into is that we feel we have wasted so much time (I know I do), if we want to have time left to truly live we have to get everything done immediately, but it's just too much for one person to do without fail and stay sane.

It really is too much. And life doesn't automtically stop for us to catch up. It's no wonder I've avoided my gender issues for so long. My real fear is that I can't transition for some reason. That's why I wanna have an orchi and ffs. There's really no way I can go back.

•  

4A-GZE

The guy who sold me a car a few days ago lied about it being current on emissions, so fingers crossed that it will pass today. If it doesn't, I have no idea what to do.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: 4A-GZE on July 05, 2018, 10:26:30 AM
The guy who sold me a car a few days ago lied about it being current on emissions, so fingers crossed that it will pass today. If it doesn't, I have no idea what to do.

Filled it with dipetane lolol

•  

Dena

Quote from: 4A-GZE on July 05, 2018, 10:26:30 AM
As long as the check engine light isn't on, it should pass emissions. The exception is if the light has been disabled. If so, ask at the emissions testing station about your legal options as there is probably a law against tampering with the emission system to sell or sneak it past the testing. My light has come on a few times and it probably would have passed all but one time any test that didn't check for error codes. The last time it was dumping extra fuel in the engine which could have been serious had it going on for very long.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

4A-GZE

Thanks, you two! Luckily, it did pass, so all is well. Still, no idea why the guy would say it was current.
  •  

emma-f

Its was yesterday rather than today but I'm sure you'll let me stretch it for once.  :P

I had an appointment at the solicitors for my name change deed between 2 and 3.30. Background is that I've been full time for a week but basically transitioning for like 5 years or so, and thought I passed or blended very well.

I walk in to the solicitors office at 3pm and am greeted instantly with "Hi Emma, come this way". I'm probably reading too much into it but it really dented my ego, as to me she'd instantly seen me and thought "oh, thats obviously my trans client". My only downer on an otherwise awesome week, but it has left me bruised and paranoid :(

Em x
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: emma-f on July 08, 2018, 05:50:11 AM
Its was yesterday rather than today but I'm sure you'll let me stretch it for once.  [emoji14]

I had an appointment at the solicitors for my name change deed between 2 and 3.30. Background is that I've been full time for a week but basically transitioning for like 5 years or so, and thought I passed or blended very well.

I walk in to the solicitors office at 3pm and am greeted instantly with "Hi Emma, come this way". I'm probably reading too much into it but it really dented my ego, as to me she'd instantly seen me and thought "oh, thats obviously my trans client". My only downer on an otherwise awesome week, but it has left me bruised and paranoid :(

Em x
More likely that they know who's in the appointment book and quite possibly you were the only female name in there for time frame. 

•  

V M

Was woke up to someone workin' on something with hammer and so forth, got one of those really intense headaches  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •