News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Quote from: 4A-GZE on August 21, 2018, 07:14:18 AM
I created the Southeastern Gambler 500 rally last year. This year, a professional photographer came along and took photos of every car during the hardest portion.... except for mine. I'm looking through his photos and I see the Jeep in front of me and the S-10 behind me, but nothing in between.

Okay, fine. That's one thing. But at one point during the rally itself, I was told to just go home. "Your truck won't make it through this part," they said. But the stock Honda Civic will? It was painfully clear that they didn't want me there anymore, and now... looking at these pictures, I can see that they just plain didn't want me the whole time.

I don't understand. I literally started the whole event. They wouldn't be there without me. Why don't they like me?

I can't stand people like that and I know it hurts and it's hard to understand but they sound like a bunch of two faced something somethings that you're better off without
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Well it wasn't today.. Yesterday a guy made a rude comment about me being trans. So now I'm prepping of how to dress tomorrow when I go to my dr appointment... I know I should be out and proud but I just wanna get to places and back with no issues, or rude looks and remarks. It's starting to get under my skin and I don't want to have go off on anyone..yet...
Here's the look I'm going for I guess. "Does it say leave me the f alone?" I hope so!!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Allison S on August 22, 2018, 08:25:04 AM
Well it wasn't today.. Yesterday a guy made a rude comment about me being trans. So now I'm prepping of how to dress tomorrow when I go to my dr appointment... I know I should be out and proud but I just wanna get to places and back with no issues, or rude looks and remarks. It's starting to get under my skin and I don't want to have go off on anyone..yet...
Here's the look I'm going for I guess. "Does it say leave me the f alone?" I hope so!!

No, I'm sorry, it says, "I'm famous, but I don't want you to realize who I am". You'll be fine.

Except for the paparazzi.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on August 22, 2018, 08:25:04 AM

@Allison S
My dear Allison:
Well wowzers, that outfit makes you look very femme and perhaps a little like your are trying to be incognito because you don't want to be easily recognized.

Please know that based on the photos I have seen of you with your natural hair, feminine face and other beautifully feminine body features....  I perhaps would suggest that you go the other way... and be out there as the beautiful young woman that you are becoming.   

Who cares... you shouldn't care.... what some idiot rude stranger says to you.  I would think that you should care more about what your like minded friends say about you instead.

So anyway, the outfit and look that you have chosen is beautiful and wonderful... all I am saying is that you don't need to hide your body, your face, your hair or who you are.   
I know that at your stage of your transition journey that this is a lot easier said that done... I went through the same issues when I was in my earlier stage of my own journey... 
...so I well know of the emotions and possible fear involved.

Hugs and well wishes to you as always..
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Dee Marshall on August 22, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
No, I'm sorry, it says, "I'm famous, but I don't want you to realize who I am". You'll be fine.

Except for the paparazzi.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Aw thank you!! [emoji173]

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 22, 2018, 01:51:20 PM
@Allison S
My dear Allison:
Well wowzers, that outfit makes you look very femme and perhaps a little like your are trying to be incognito because you don't want to be easily recognized.

Please know that based on the photos I have seen of you with your natural hair, feminine face and other beautifully feminine body features....  I perhaps would suggest that you go the other way... and be out there as the beautiful young woman that you are becoming.   

Who cares... you shouldn't care.... what some idiot rude stranger says to you.  I would think that you should care more about what your like minded friends say about you instead.

So anyway, the outfit and look that you have chosen is beautiful and wonderful... all I am saying is that you don't need to hide your body, your face, your hair or who you are.   
I know that at your stage of your transition journey that this is a lot easier said that done... I went through the same issues when I was in my earlier stage of my own journey... 
...so I well know of the emotions and possible fear involved.

Hugs and well wishes to you as always..
Danielle

Thank you love [emoji173][emoji173] you and Dee helped lift me up yesterday for sure...

So I ended up having my sister straighten my hair... I'm out now wearing eyeliner, mascara, lip stick/gloss, short jean shorts, top and cardigan... No hat or sunglasses! But I did bring an umbrella for the rainy weather [emoji4] oh and of course my favorite bangles!! I carry those in my handbag always...lol

So far I haven't gotten weird looks I don't think... Maybe from a guy or two..

•  

4A-GZE

I hate not having any friends. I spent most of today driving around to thrift stores and taking to someone on OkCupid. She's really nice, but one thing has been eating at me all day... at one point, she asked about my friends and I told her that I hardly have any around here because I just have trouble making them. She asked me if I had any guess as to why that is, and.... I don't know. I know my anxiety plays a big part, but there's something else for sure. That whole thing with the Gambler was really just... it's something I'm used to. One time, in college, some people from down the hall asked to borrow my roommate's TV to watch a movie. I asked them what they were watching, just to make small talk. "Nothing with you." That's it. That's what they told me. I barely knew them and they already hated me.

Another time, though, some of my friends put together a little party for my birthday and I broke down in tears. It was and still is the only time I've ever actually felt wanted. Then I had to leave school after that year because my mental health got really bad, and now they've all graduated anyway. We're still friends on Facebook, but that's it.

And hey, speaking of college.... I don't think I'll ever finish. I don't want to get into it right now though.... but have you ever seen the episode of The Wonder Years called Private Butthead? Where Wayne tries to join the army but fails the physical, and then when his dad comes to pick him up, he asks himself why he can't do anything right? I relate to that so much. I can't do anything either.

I just feel like such a failure. Nobody likes me, I can barely get by on my own, and I just have nowhere to turn.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: 4A-GZE on August 23, 2018, 07:56:26 PM
I hate not having any friends. I spent most of today driving around to thrift stores and taking to someone on OkCupid. She's really nice, but one thing has been eating at me all day... at one point, she asked about my friends and I told her that I hardly have any around here because I just have trouble making them. She asked me if I had any guess as to why that is, and.... I don't know. I know my anxiety plays a big part, but there's something else for sure. That whole thing with the Gambler was really just... it's something I'm used to. One time, in college, some people from down the hall asked to borrow my roommate's TV to watch a movie. I asked them what they were watching, just to make small talk. "Nothing with you." That's it. That's what they told me. I barely knew them and they already hated me.

Another time, though, some of my friends put together a little party for my birthday and I broke down in tears. It was and still is the only time I've ever actually felt wanted. Then I had to leave school after that year because my mental health got really bad, and now they've all graduated anyway. We're still friends on Facebook, but that's it.

And hey, speaking of college.... I don't think I'll ever finish. I don't want to get into it right now though.... but have you ever seen the episode of The Wonder Years called Private Butthead? Where Wayne tries to join the army but fails the physical, and then when his dad comes to pick him up, he asks himself why he can't do anything right? I relate to that so much. I can't do anything either.

I just feel like such a failure. Nobody likes me, I can barely get by on my own, and I just have nowhere to turn.

I have problems making friends myself. I know it sucks. I hid in my work for years, but that can only last for so long. I just accepted that I am kinda the loner type.

Mine is kinda the opposite though. People want to be my friend, but I push them away because I don't want hurt. That is what the therapist says. Who knows. I know one thing though. I want a snuggle buddy. You know my +1. Single sucks. :(
  •  

4A-GZE

Someone pointed something out about my job and I'm kind of pissed now, actually.

When a job takes longer than two hours, we charge an extra $75/hr for labor. MY labor. But that money goes straight to management and I don't see a penny of it. I never really thought about it before, but that's some serious BS. My partner and I should split that money evenly, with little to none of it going to anyone else.

Also related to work, the guy that no one likes is here on his day off, and I got stuck with him. He hardly does any work himself, he is overly critical of everything I do, and he's the greediest person I've ever met. We're going to pick up some car parts at some point today, and I just know he's going to claim them all for himself even though I'm the one who likes cars and he knows it. He's stolen stuff from me before, too. I'd report him to management, but he's PART of management.

Usually I can find something redeeming about the people I dislike, but not him. He's just a scumbag.
  •  

big kim

Careless driver backed into my bike & warped the disc brake. He's admitted it & willing to pay but I'll be without transport waiting for it to be fixed
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: 4A-GZE on August 29, 2018, 07:01:03 AM
Someone pointed something out about my job and I'm kind of pissed now, actually.

When a job takes longer than two hours, we charge an extra $75/hr for labor. MY labor. But that money goes straight to management and I don't see a penny of it. I never really thought about it before, but that's some serious BS. My partner and I should split that money evenly, with little to none of it going to anyone else.

Also related to work, the guy that no one likes is here on his day off, and I got stuck with him. He hardly does any work himself, he is overly critical of everything I do, and he's the greediest person I've ever met. We're going to pick up some car parts at some point today, and I just know he's going to claim them all for himself even though I'm the one who likes cars and he knows it. He's stolen stuff from me before, too. I'd report him to management, but he's PART of management.

Usually I can find something redeeming about the people I dislike, but not him. He's just a scumbag.

@4A-GZE
I am so very sorry to hear of the job difficulties... not only with the employee that no one likes, but also with the management person that steals things.

All of those issues and more are why I am enjoying working for myself as a sole proprietor of my small business...  no other employees to deal with so if I succeed or if fail, make money or don't make money, it is all on me... and that is the way I like it.   During tax season in March and April I do have a part time person helping me but they are only here when I am here in my office.

I hope that your workday and job improves tomorrow.
Wishing you well,
Danielle

•  

V M

Gnarly toothache has been bothering on and off for a few months now  :P  That and the pathetically boring and judgmentally conditioned world at large
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: V M on August 30, 2018, 10:21:34 PM
Gnarly toothache has been bothering on and off for a few months now  :P  That and the pathetically boring and judgmentally conditioned would at large

@V M
The tooth has been acting up for a few months now???  You really should get to a dentist to get a professional opinion.  These things usually do not heal themselves and do not get better....  usually it will get worse and perhaps to the point that it will become infected and abscessed... a much more serious problem if not addressed previously....

Be assured.... it is all about "painless dentistry" ....  yeah right!  But you really should see your dentist before it gets much worse and possibly to the point of having to be pulled and losing the tooth.

I am wishing you well,
HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

•  

4A-GZE

My second car is going to the junkyard today because nobody wanted to buy and fix it. I loved that car so much. I took it on road trips, raced it in SCCA rallycross events, did some questionable things inside it with my now-ex girlfriend, and so much more. I wanted to keep it until it died, but I expected to kill it. I didn't want the transmission to just go out on me. That's not the kind of death it deserves. It should have gone out in a blast of parts and fluids after landing a jump, or something like that. I wanted to be the one to kill it when I was ready. I wasn't ready.
  •  

V M

Quote from: 4A-GZE on August 31, 2018, 10:27:53 AM
My second car is going to the junkyard today because nobody wanted to buy and fix it. I loved that car so much. I took it on road trips, raced it in SCCA rallycross events, did some questionable things inside it with my now-ex girlfriend, and so much more. I wanted to keep it until it died, but I expected to kill it. I didn't want the transmission to just go out on me. That's not the kind of death it deserves. It should have gone out in a blast of parts and fluids after landing a jump, or something like that. I wanted to be the one to kill it when I was ready. I wasn't ready.

I feel your pain, it's always hard when a loved one leaves us

- V M
  •  

Donica

Hi everyone! I guess I'm not really feeling too bad this morning. I mean, there isn't anything that I should do about it anyway or maybe it's bothering me so much that I'm not seeing the answer. I live in a gated retirement apartment building and everyone has been very excepting of my new self except for one very religious x-nun. She has been completely unaccepting and has even said that I should get a haircut because I'm not a women. I've been thinking she just needs time. It seems maybe a lot of time. We did have civil conversations whenever we meat in the common areas. After all, she is the community gossip headquarters. It's been over a month and the past few time in passing, she hasn't acknowledged my presence even after everyone else gives me very warm greetings. I know you just can't please everyone. This morning was no different but for some reason, her silence cut a bit deeper? I guess I'm just feeling a little more emotional this morning? What kills me is, in the past, we couldn't get her to shut up? In writing this, I realize I may be showing my own arrogance. Maybe I shouldn't make this about me and maybe she is going through her own troubling issues. I'm sorry for babbling on so much. I guess I just needed to write this out for my self. I will chalk this one up for another one of those mornings we all go through from time to time.

Thanks for listening!
Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 30, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
@V M
The tooth has been acting up for a few months now???  You really should get to a dentist to get a professional opinion.  These things usually do not heal themselves and do not get better....  usually it will get worse and perhaps to the point that it will become infected and abscessed... a much more serious problem if not addressed previously....

Be assured.... it is all about "painless dentistry" ....  yeah right!  But you really should see your dentist before it gets much worse and possibly to the point of having to be pulled and losing the tooth.

I am wishing you well,
HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle

I am well aware that I need dental work done, unfortunately I am not able to afford it at this time

Hugs

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on August 31, 2018, 02:15:03 PM
Hi everyone! I guess I'm not really feeling too bad this morning. I mean, there isn't anything that I should do about it anyway or maybe it's bothering me so much that I'm not seeing the answer. I live in a gated retirement apartment building and everyone has been very excepting of my new self except for one very religious x-nun. She has been completely unaccepting and has even said that I should get a haircut because I'm not a women. I've been thinking she just needs time. It seems maybe a lot of time. We did have civil conversations whenever we meat in the common areas. After all, she is the community gossip headquarters. It's been over a month and the past few time in passing, she hasn't acknowledged my presence even after everyone else gives me very warm greetings. I know you just can't please everyone. This morning was no different but for some reason, her silence cut a bit deeper? I guess I'm just feeling a little more emotional this morning? What kills me is, in the past, we couldn't get her to shut up? In writing this, I realize I may be showing my own arrogance. Maybe I shouldn't make this about me and maybe she is going through her own troubling issues. I'm sorry for babbling on so much. I guess I just needed to write this out for my self. I will chalk this one up for another one of those mornings we all go through from time to time.

Thanks for listening!
Hugs,
Donica.
@Donica
Dear Donica
Thank you for writing about your frustrations...  I find that for me it is good personal self-therapy to write out my thoughts and ponder my difficult issues by writing about these things.   You are doing the right thing by exploring all of this in writing and here on the forums with your like-minded friends...

Regarding the ONE person that does not accept you.... while everyone else in your gated community does accept you....  not really much you can do about it other than continue to be cordial and friendly with her.... that alone may impel her to start accepting you as the nice person that you try to be with her, or if not, you can rest assured that you were pleasant with her and that she will have to make her own decision good, or bad.   

In my little town, I am just about unconditionally accepted except for just a handful of townspeople, I can not change their mind, but as I continue to be a responsible person acting respectfully and befriending most others, there is really nothing I can do to change their mind....  it is their choice, and as some of my good friends say, it is her loss.

Be persistent with being pleasant and nice with her, but you are not in control of how she treats you, ...   you are however in control of how your feel about her and this situation.....   Stay positive and be happy and pleased with the progress and acceptance that you have achieved.

Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Kitty June

I need to vent and this is a safe place, so I'm sorry if I rant a little. Just >-bleeped-< that's bothering me.
In the last couple years I've moved across country and lost most of what I'd acquired over the years. Mostly selling things to pay bills and star alive.
By the end of last year I lost my partner of 7 year and my crappy job that kept us afloat. Barely. A couple months if scrapping and I now have a job I like and I'm treated well as well as a decent place to live.
That place though is with an 85 year old man.
I've slept with him a couple times out of sympathy but he is 85 so it's not like he can do anything. 
Anyway, after all that setup I'll get to the point.
The lease is up in a month and his health has gone downhill rapidly recently. He also is an alcoholic and he has been feeling very depressed and suicidal. He won't accept help though.
I'm not sure that I want to pay my rent this month so I can possibly afford to move.
Good job but child support takes most of my money. But that's a whole nother story
I had a date last weekend at the apartment and just as I was finally going to get lucky, he crawls across the apartment because he fell and couldn't get up. He was in the hospital recently because of this and checked himself out! He blows off doctors visits and just doesn't give a >-bleeped-<. I wasn't meant to be his nurse but its become that way and I'm starting to resent it. And I feel like crap for feeling that way.
Somehow I also feel responsible for him.
However he is also pissing me off for other things.
Wednesday night at 4 am he comes creeping into my room and crawled in bed. I just rolled over and figured I'd let him sleep but then he wakes me up and wants to go to his room but he cant get up. I went and got his walker and helped him back to his room.
Last night he comes in around 6 and tells me the police came and crawled in my bed again. Same crap followed.
After work tonight I wasn't in a rush to get home, but I got a call from him saying he fell again. Came home and helped him up again.
Now I'm sitting on the patio and venting.
Thank you
Kitty

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

•  

Dena

@Kitty June
It sounds like you 85 year old man may be reaching the point where he is no longer capable of caring for himself. If you aware of any relative who might be interested in his health status, it might be wise to notify them of his problems. The age that people need to have additional care can vary. Some people might need it by there 70's and some might get to 100 without it.

We had to go through this with a relative and the only way to get her the care she needed was to have a judge agree that it was needed. Fortunately for us, she behaved poorly in court so the judge's decision was simplified.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Kitty June

Dena,
His son and I tried to get him in the hospital but he refused then. I'm going to try and get in touch with him.
My roommate is somewhat estranged from the kids and they care as far as necessary I guess.
I keep trying to push him towards assisted living 
Someone suggested that I call adult protective Services about him. They have ignored him before though so I don't know if it would help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

•