Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison S

A random guy at the hospital said I look like Joe Perry. I looked who that was up and he's a guitarist for Aerosmith.
Well, he's very talented but I felt insulted still. It might have been my hair since I was at the hospital and didn't have time to brush it or do anything with it... But I'm also thinking if it's my facial features like my prominent brow ridge, nose, and chin/jaw.
It was pretty upsetting..

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Donica

I just found out a long time friend of 40+ years has unfriended me on FB. I can't believe someone that has been through all the things that we have been through can just through it away because I came out. When I first came out, I called this person to make it official. He had already seen my new profile picture on FB. The first thing he said was "You make one ugly girl". About a month later he sent me a text. It read "I have to get counseling because of you! (Thanks F&%$er)". That was the last time we've talked.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: 4A-GZE on September 20, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
I chipped a tooth yesterday. Fun.

I hope that the tooth that you chipped is one of those that you were going to get a crown on? ???
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on September 21, 2018, 01:32:22 PM
I just found out a long time friend of 40+ years has unfriended me on FB. I can't believe someone that has been through all the things that we have been through can just through it away because I came out. When I first came out, I called this person to make it official. He had already seen my new profile picture on FB. The first thing he said was "You make one ugly girl". About a month later he sent me a text. It read "I have to get counseling because of you! (Thanks F&%$er)". That was the last time we've talked.

@Donica
Dear Donica:
WOW, that certainly was an ugly thing to have happen to you....  so much for long time 40+ year friendships.
Why on earth did they have to say those hurtful things... they could have just unfriended you and then avoid any further contact... but they wanted to hurt you with words.

Hey, the good news is that you have lots and lots of very good and like minded friends here on the Forums !!!!
Hugs and well wishes. 
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on September 21, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
A random guy at the hospital said I look like Joe Perry. I looked who that was up and he's a guitarist for Aerosmith.
Well, he's very talented but I felt insulted still. It might have been my hair since I was at the hospital and didn't have time to brush it or do anything with it... But I'm also thinking if it's my facial features like my prominent brow ridge, nose, and chin/jaw.
It was pretty upsetting..
                          .... snipped photo...

@Allison S:
Dear Allison:
Absolutely you DO NOT HAVE predominately male appearing facial features.   
Forget about the brow ridge, I never even noticed it in the "face" pictures that I have seen of you.

I think that you look amazing.... don't let some random nobody make you feel badly about your transition journey and feel badly about yourself.

You shouldn't care about unkind comments from people that do not know you and do not care about you.... and you don't know them enough to even care what they say....   
I know that this is easier said than done, but please, ignore the ignorant.

I am so sorry that you have experienced this rude and unkind behavior.   
Most of us here on the Forums personally know what that is like.
Hugs and hugs ... and wishing you well,
Danielle

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 21, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
@Allison S:
Dear Allison:
Absolutely you DO NOT HAVE predominately male appearing facial features.   
Forget about the brow ridge, I never even noticed it in the "face" pictures that I have seen of you.

I think that you look amazing.... don't let some random nobody make you feel badly about your transition journey and feel badly about yourself.

You shouldn't care about unkind comments from people that do not know you and do not care about you.... and you don't know them enough to even care what they say....   
I know that this is easier said than done, but please, ignore the ignorant.

I am so sorry that you have experienced this rude and unkind behavior.   
Most of us here on the Forums personally know what that is like.
Hugs and hugs ... and wishing you well,
Danielle

Thanks Danielle
The funny part is I didn't even look like him before hrt? I don't know lol

•  

jaybutterfly

Found out the notes from my last assessment, the one I complained about, have been forwarded to my GP in spite of my request that this assessment be ignored.

Sometimes I really wonder if the services are trying to help or irritate my anxiety to the point of complete frigging breakdown.
  •  

4A-GZE

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 21, 2018, 01:34:48 PM
I hope that the tooth that you chipped is one of those that you were going to get a crown on? ???
Unfortunately, I don't need any crowns regardless. Fortunately, it's not bad enough to worry about fixing. I actually kind of like it, to be honest. I can tell people I got it in a fight.

Anyway, today has just been one of those days where I'm not happy and I don't know why.

One thing that I'm sure of, though, is that I'm falling back in love with my first girlfriend and I'm pretty certain that she doesn't feel the same way. We're friends now and I don't want to risk making things awkward, so I guess I just won't tell her.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I have a fairly noticeable scar on my thumb and when people ask how I got it I just say I put myself through college by cage fighting.  Oh the looks I get.  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

4A-GZE

Cockroaches are living in my modem. I've already caught 3 within feet of it, and a fourth escaped.
  •  

Sarah1979

Supposed to get my letter for HRT today, didn't.  Can't get anyone at the only planned parenthood anywhere close to me to offer transgender care to answer my phone calls... so ya, I'm not sure I'm going to make it much longer without estrogen in my blood.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Sarah1979 on September 25, 2018, 10:59:54 AM
Supposed to get my letter for HRT today, didn't.  Can't get anyone at the only planned parenthood anywhere close to me to offer transgender care to answer my phone calls... so ya, I'm not sure I'm going to make it much longer without estrogen in my blood.

I'm sorry that you're going through that.

I never called to talk to them directly, I simply made an appointment for transgender services and showed up.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Sarah1979

At this center, you can't just make an appointment for a new patient, you have to talk to the director to make one, she won't answer the phone or return my calls.
  •  

Michelle_P

I was repeatedly misgendered at the dentist's office when I went in for my semiannual cleaning.

To their credit, they did accept a correction graciously, but, well...

Good grief!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 25, 2018, 01:38:04 PM
I was repeatedly misgendered at the dentist's office when I went in for my semiannual cleaning.

Good grief!

It had to be because of previous contact, right? I mean, nobody else would get it wrong now!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Good grief!
@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle
I am so sorry that has happened to you... well it probably was not the first time that you were mis-gendered in your transition journey,  but hopefully it will be the last time.   
For sure, I know from personal experience that it is indeed heartbreaking to here those wrong pronouns when we are addressed, especially considering how far along you are in your transition journey and all that you have endured to get to where you are now.

Might I suggest that you find a Dental Hygienist like my Suitor #4 ... even right after my (it was my very first visit) Dentist and her had suspicions that I was born a male based on my dental exam, she never has once ever mis-gendered me....  and to my elation, even in our alone times together.... [emoji173]

.... but I am most certain that @Laurie would not be very fond of you having a Dentist or Dental Hygienist Suitor.

I am glad that you straightened out their records and gave them a good "talking-to" .... and now when going there it should all be happy times being gendered correctly.   I would imagine that there records have all kinds of sticky notes on them about you now!!! LOL

Might I suggest that you find some chocolate and perhaps an adult beverage to sooth your emotional upset!!

HUGS and best wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

Faith

Good grief!

Everyone knows that girls don't get into street fights!

seriously, I don't get it either. Had to be mistaken stupidity due to previous knowledge. Anything else is inexcusable.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Michelle_P

Their records were supposedly corrected years ago.  The dental hygienist had not worked on me before to my best recollection.  I have no idea what they thought of 'him' lying in the chair in an H&M dress, hose, black flats, with light makeup and hair styled.

I am looking for LGBTQ friendly dentists in my area now.  I am willing to bet after raising this issue politely in an online review that I will be 'fired' as a patient.

Good dental care, but...

I'm Michelle, an out member of the LGBTQ community.  I've been going to ***** Family Dentistry a couple years now, and have had fillings replaced, and even a new crown fabricated and installed in one morning!  The dental care has always been very good, for myself and my children while they were growing up.

Unfortunately, today I was repeatedly misgendered while in for a routine checkup and cleaning.  To their credit, they did accept my polite correction graciously, once could speak.  That is a positive.  Unfortunately, to my trans brothers and sisters, the impact from being misgendered is far greater than the accidental and unintentional action would appear, and telling a trans person to "get a thicker skin" or similar really isn't helpful.  (I cover this in my training classes on LGBTQ issues.)

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 25, 2018, 02:40:35 PM
Their records were supposedly corrected years ago.  The dental hygienist had not worked on me before to my best recollection.  I have no idea what they thought of 'him' lying in the chair in an H&M dress, hose, black flats, with light makeup and hair styled.

I am looking for LGBTQ friendly dentists in my area now. I am willing to bet after raising this issue politely in an online review that I will be 'fired' as a patient.

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Fortunately I have a very good and trans-friendly Dentist here in my town and he has a wonderful and most friendly Dental Hygienist as you are aware of from reading my thread.  ... I am glad for that because he and the hygienist are the only dental professionals in my town.... and of course his Hygienist has become my suitor #4 [emoji173]

Hmm, if you think that they are going "fire you as a patient" ...  if you do go back there, pray when he has a needle or drill in his hand as it approaches your mouth!!!  :o

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 25, 2018, 02:58:30 PM
Hmm, if you think that they are going "fire you as a patient" ...  if you do go back there, pray when he has a needle or drill in his hand as it approaches your mouth!!!  :o

Hugs,
Danielle

As Jessica will attest, I generally don't bother going back to businesses that cannot be bothered to get my pronouns right in exchange for my money.  I do not know what was going through that hygenist's head, but I was very nervous about letting her near my mouth with those tools after correcting her.

I am looking for LGBTQ-friendly dentists in my area for my next cleaning.

•