Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

I don't see a real need for FFS in your pictures.  The only semi male attribute I can see is your nose, it is a little large for the average female.   Female noses tend to be turned up a little at the front, and you can see the nostrils a little, while yours is turned down.
In those pictures i can't see if you have an Adams Apple, because this is another slight attribute that might give you away.
I had a discussions about this with friends(female), asking what would give me away as being trans.  I was born without a visible Adams Apple and with a more female looking nose, my face is that of an average female, but I am still identified as a trans woman.  The major thing for it that was mentioned is how I walk, and how I move my body in general.  There is a clear difference between male and female body movements (a learned behavior), and i think that might be it what gives many of us away.  We might look very much like a woman, but move like a man  Even I, who was always more  girlish than most guys, seem still to move like a man.
Being relativ tall, I have the tendency to hang a little down/look down with my upper torso.  This seems to be typically male, and gives me away!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on November 25, 2018, 08:22:36 AM
I don't see a real need for FFS in your pictures.  The only semi male attribute I can see is your nose, it is a little large for the average female.   Female noses tend to be turned up a little at the front, and you can see the nostrils a little, while yours is turned down.
In those pictures i can't see if you have an Adams Apple, because this is another slight attribute that might give you away.
I had a discussions about this with friends(female), asking what would give me away as being trans.  I was born without a visible Adams Apple and with a more female looking nose, my face is that of an average female, but I am still identified as a trans woman.  The major thing for it that was mentioned is how I walk, and how I move my body in general.  There is a clear difference between male and female body movements (a learned behavior), and i think that might be it what gives many of us away.  We might look very much like a woman, but move like a man  Even I, who was always more  girlish than most guys, seem still to move like a man.
Being relativ tall, I have the tendency to hang a little down/look down with my upper torso.  This seems to be typically male, and gives me away!

Dietlind,

Yes, we need to walk the walk!

My walk has improved and I apparently have started to "subconciously perhaps?" fall into it sometimes when presenting as male.  Once recently I was asked why I was walking "funny, sorta like a girl, did you fall on your hip or something?" 

I told him there was no fall but that I was making very conscious efforts to improve my posture, as that better posture brings about many benefits.  That in itself was not a lie but it was not the complete story, it was not the only reason for walking that way.  But clearly, I wasn't in touch with my surroundings at that moment as I was walking in that more female like way at the time!

So I then tried to still walk upright with shoulders back but I placed my feet ahead of me in a more male movement pattern.

When walking as a female, and I look ahead in a reflection or look to the sides sometimes as you may pass by glass walls, I can see a slight hip movement as I walk.  For sure, nowhere as much as a ciswoman, plus she has more hips and her pelvic tilt too.  I wish I could see me from the back view as I walk.  I try for sure to not exaggerate any swagger of the hips, to just walk "naturally," with shorter steps but at a tad faster pace.

I am more concerned about my voice.  I am working on it.  But the walk and mannerisms too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 25, 2018, 09:57:52 AM

Dietlind,

I am more concerned about my voice.  I am working on it.  But the walk and mannerisms too.

Chrissy
The pitch of my voice seems not to be a problem.  Because no Adams Apple gives me a smaller voice box and a more female pitch (around 180 hz average and 245 peak).  But my speaking pattern is still very male, because I lower my voice at the end of sentences (females are increasing pitch at the end).

If I watch it, I can pass as female (older females tend to have lower voices anyway), but I always slip into that deep note at the end if I don't pay attention.
For me the give away's are my still rather short hair (I have a wig, but I hate to wear it), the way I move and the speaking pattern.

I think the walking can be a little controlled with higher heels on the shoes, because they do not allow for those long male strides. Some here report that they got a certain amount of pelvic tilt by taking estrogen.  This might help to walk more like females because it brings the hip bones into a different position.  So we can hope for that one.
But for the rest of my movements, I have no idea what to do about them, because nobody can put a finger on the things I do wrong with my moves.  It is just wrong and not feminine!  Many years of training to act like a tough male are hard to untrain!

•  

V M

Nothing that I care enough to to talk about
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: V M on December 03, 2018, 04:04:18 PM
Nothing that I care enough to to talk about
Ditto

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

GingerVicki

My new running shoes have not shipped yet! It makes me angry.
  •  

Lisa89125

Having a gift that is 100 miles away and waiting impatiently for it to come.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

V M

PC mouse issues, it's like navigating with a malfunctioned rudder  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Linde

Having no estrogen until some time next week (I hope)

•  

Dena

Quote from: V M on December 04, 2018, 07:20:21 PM
PC mouse issues, it's like navigating with a malfunctioned rudder  :P
Only a guess but if you have a ball mouse, have you opened it up and cleaned it. If it's optical, sometimes the optics need to be cleaned up. I have had more than one mouse misbehave and cleaning them out made them work like new.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

Linde

The husband of one of my supporting girl friends died last night.  I drove her today to all kind of legal places to get everything under control.  She was not able to drive by herself today. 

It is my turn to help out now!

•  

Northern Star Girl

I am very unhappy to find out that a long time member,  Laurie,  has deleted her profile today....
I am very sad and depressed that such a good friend and caring and contributing member has left us.
Danielle   *sad face* :(  :icon_cry2:
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 07, 2018, 11:38:29 PM
I am very unhappy to find out that a long time member,  Laurie,  has deleted her profile today....
I am very sad and depressed that such a good friend and caring and contributing member has left us.
Danielle   *sad face* :(  :icon_cry2:

The good natured banter between Laurie and @HappyMoni is what attracted me to Susan's in the first place. All the other sources of information were so grim, with so much sniping and infighting, and I found the lighter atmosphere here so refreshing. I realized that as hard as what we're doing is, we're still allowed to have a little fun.

Whatever happened to prompt her and other friends to leave makes me worry that those days may be coming to an end. This is a very very sad thing to contemplate. We all need a place where everyone is respected and can loosen up, and Susan's has been my refuge. Let's hope that whatever it is that's caused the loss of our friends will pass. Our home here won't be the same without some of our friends, but maybe the tone will still be welcoming. Fingers crossed.

Hugs for everyone, especially you, Danielle.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

The whole situation makes me feel sadder than I can really say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LizK

I received a request for a Skype call to my father Just 2 days prior to leaving to go to Melbourne for surgery I told him that I would "be in touch"

I received an email with yet another request for a Skype at Xmas but worse still is that he and my mother are coming to Adelaide to see me and my estranged brother in February . I don't want to see any of them...All I can see is week of  pain and distress.

They have not seen me in three years...I had washed my hands of the lot of them. A full week of misgendering and dead naming along with my father aggressiveness towards me and my mothers silence....oh joy and then they are going to want me to reconcile with my creep of a brother....Sigh...Families

Little do they know I am having voice surgery the first of feb and am unable to speak for two weeks so I can only. The have not told me when in February they are coming so it would be Poetic justice that they arrive just after my surgery....Either way it's going to be unpleasant.

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: LizK on December 18, 2018, 06:58:42 PM
I received a request for a Skype call to my father Just 2 days prior to leaving to go to Melbourne for surgery I told him that I would "be in touch"

I received an email with yet another request for a Skype at Xmas but worse still is that he and my mother are coming to Adelaide to see me and my estranged brother in February . I don't want to see any of them...All I can see is week of  pain and distress.

They have not seen me in three years...I had washed my hands of the lot of them. A full week of misgendering and dead naming along with my father aggressiveness towards me and my mothers silence....oh joy and then they are going to want me to reconcile with my creep of a brother....Sigh...Families

Little do they know I am having voice surgery the first of feb and am unable to speak for two weeks so I can only. The have not told me when in February they are coming so it would be Poetic justice that they arrive just after my surgery....Either way it's going to be unpleasant.

Oh dear that sounds fun!

Do you want to borrow Esmerelda and a few of her friends to greet them?
  •  

LizK

Any chance her and a few of her sisters could get together maybe put on a few kgs each an scare them quiet lol

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

GingerVicki

Frustration with designing my new tattoo. I am trying to make something ugly pretty
  •