Main Menu

What made you unhappy today? 7.0

Started by Dee Marshall, January 25, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I removed my Christmas thread. Sorry.
  •  

V M

Slipped on the ice outside, sprained my left arm from my wrist up to my neck and can barely hang on to a guitar pick and one of my back teeth broke off  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LizK

Oh Virgina are you okay?I hope you are able to get checked out my a medic

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

V M

Quote from: LizK on December 19, 2018, 03:11:08 AM
Oh Virgina are you okay?I hope you are able to get checked out my a medic

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Liz

I'll be okay, just a bit annoyed with the situation and the painful numbness makes me nauseous

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: V M on December 19, 2018, 03:08:45 AM
Slipped on the ice outside, sprained my left arm from my wrist up to my neck and can barely hang on to a guitar pick and one of my back teeth broke off  :P

Owee!  :'(
  •  

Linde

Quote from: V M on December 19, 2018, 03:21:30 AM
Thanks Liz

I'll be okay, just a bit annoyed with the situation and the painful numbness makes me nauseous
I hope you apply generous amounts of ice pack on the hurting areas!

Get better soon.
One of the reason that I moved to Florida was my annual tradition to slip on the ice!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

jaybutterfly

knowing how much its going to cost to fix my stress induced bruxism damage to my front teeth...
  •  

Jessica

Finding out that General Anesthesia caused a sinus infection.....oof

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica on December 19, 2018, 06:51:36 PM
Finding out that General Anesthesia caused a sinus infection.....oof

How that?  That does not make much sense to me!

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Dietlind on December 19, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
How that?  That does not make much sense to me!

With assisted breathing my sinuses compacted.  Everyone is different.  I've had sinus issues forever.  This is what happened to me.  Not much that needs to be understood.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica on December 19, 2018, 08:09:50 PM
With assisted breathing my sinuses compacted.  Everyone is different.  I've had sinus issues forever.  This is what happened to me.  Not much that needs to be understood.
I understand!
I made my living in infection control & prevention, and I just asked out of professional curiosity.

•  

Lynne

This day started out great, I checked the tracking of my orders and it seemed that all three of them will arrive today to the automated parcel box I have chosen. Then the confirmation messages started coming in, first one is there, great. I knew the other two will arrive there today as well so I waited.

Then the next two messages arrived saying they dropped off my orders at the post office instead of the automated parcel box.
The problem is that they are all addressed to a person who officially does not exist yet, me as a female.

I obviously cannot show any ID to prove that I am that person. I don't want to forge authorization papers written by my officially non-existent self to get them using my current ID.

And as our government stopped processing name and gender marker change requests 6 months ago there is absolutely no way to get IDs to my chosen name(and I'm not really ready for full-time...).

If I don't pick them up, they'll send them back so I'll have to pay for delivery again and wait another month to get them.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Lynne on December 20, 2018, 09:07:49 AM
This day started out great, I checked the tracking of my orders and it seemed that all three of them will arrive today to the automated parcel box I have chosen. Then the confirmation messages started coming in, first one is there, great. I knew the other two will arrive there today as well so I waited.

Then the next two messages arrived saying they dropped off my orders at the post office instead of the automated parcel box.
The problem is that they are all addressed to a person who officially does not exist yet, me as a female.

I obviously cannot show any ID to prove that I am that person. I don't want to forge authorization papers written by my officially non-existent self to get them using my current ID.

And as our government stopped processing name and gender marker change requests 6 months ago there is absolutely no way to get IDs to my chosen name(and I'm not really ready for full-time...).

If I don't pick them up, they'll send them back so I'll have to pay for delivery again and wait another month to get them.

Won't the post office send you a parcel pickup notice? I've never been asked for ID when presenting one of those.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Lynne on December 20, 2018, 09:07:49 AM

@Lynne
Dear Lynne,
Here in the USA if I miss a delivery at home, the Postal Carrier will usually leave a postcard form that can be sent in or phoned in to the local Post Office for a re-delivery attempt at no additional charge.

I am not sure how it might be in your country but perhaps a phone call or leaving a note for your post office and/or postal carrier to request re-delivery to your home.

Good luck,  please keep us all updated.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: Devlyn on December 20, 2018, 10:09:11 AM
Won't the post office send you a parcel pickup notice? I've never been asked for ID when presenting one of those.

No, as this was originally supposed to be placed in an automated parcel box. In this case you get an SMS notification on your phone with the opening code, you go there, input your phone number and the code and the box which holds your package opens. They don't even know your address in this case so there is nowhere to send the pickup notice.

When they didn't have enough space there they switched to post office pickup but they still only had the name I entered, my phone number and the package number.

And even if you get a pickup notice, the rules state that you have to show your ID if you wish to get your package and they always record the ID number and name of the person who picked up the package.
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 20, 2018, 01:04:02 PM
@Lynne
Dear Lynne,
Here in the USA if I miss a delivery at home, the Postal Carrier will usually leave a postcard form that can be sent in or phoned in to the local Post Office for a re-delivery attempt at no additional charge.

I am not sure how it might be in your country but perhaps a phone call or leaving a note for your post office and/or postal carrier to request re-delivery to your home.

Good luck,  please keep us all updated.
Hugs,
Danielle

If I choose home delivery and they don't find me home, they will leave a pickup notice but in this case they should have delivered it to an automated parcel locker similar to this:

In the end I went to the post office to see if anything can be done without explaining the whole MtF transitioning thing to them.
Luckily, because I had the package numbers on my phone and I knew who sent the package and the recipient name as well, and even the family names matched(what a surprise), they gave me the packages. They recorded my current ID number and name in the system, if the original recipient says that she didn't get the package, they know where to find me. But I probably won't call the police on myself as I gave myself the package when I got home :D
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Getting  sick of people  saying  that I look like the ">-bleeped-< " "guy "  from the game stop thing going on line like really give it up grrrrrrrrrrr  happened at work, messages on my pof account  and on Instagram  see one persons qction can cause crap for others it is bs though
  •  

Linde

Was at the urologist today, because of the pain  I have in my testicles, hoping he would agree that a removal of them could be a viable option.  I seem to have an inflammation of the Vas Deference.  He prescribed some antibiotics, and wants to see me back in 3 weeks, and hew ants to discuss any orchiectomy with his peers. 
They seem to have a policy here in SW Florida hat they will not do any orchiectomy for transgender reasons alone.  He told me clearly that I would not find a urology surgeon here, who would do this!

He also told me that it would not bring much, because my testicles are so far atrophied that it is not very likely that they produce any testosterone anymore.
That is at least one good news, but I would still prefer the things to be gone, because they are in the way all the time, even as little as they are!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Lynne on December 20, 2018, 02:29:37 PM
If I choose home delivery and they don't find me home, they will leave a pickup notice but in this case they should have delivered it to an automated parcel locker similar to this:

In the end I went to the post office to see if anything can be done without explaining the whole MtF transitioning thing to them.
Luckily, because I had the package numbers on my phone and I knew who sent the package and the recipient name as well, and even the family names matched(what a surprise), they gave me the packages. They recorded my current ID number and name in the system, if the original recipient says that she didn't get the package, they know where to find me. But I probably won't call the police on myself as I gave myself the package when I got home :D

It is nice to receive gifts occasionally, even from yourself!    :)

Chrissy 
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colleen_definitely

My favorite of our dogs got killed by a delivery truck today. Deaf old girl probably didn't even hear it.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •